Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
11-23-2015, 09:30 PM   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
American Airlines

In my experience, they have the absolute worst customer service compared to any company in any industry. Today was yet another example but I won't bore anyone with details.

From now on, I won't go anywhere Southwest doesn't go.

11-23-2015, 11:25 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I do not travel, but have heard this...
11-24-2015, 04:07 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I travel quite substantial for business.
Our running joke is it is the “New American” which went from bad to worse.
11-24-2015, 06:51 AM   #4
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Worse than booking your trip on a cattle truck!

I can say one thing good about AA......My cousin worked for them for 40 years and when he retired they were in the big crash of '08. Their stock went to $1 per share...maybe a little lower momentarily. Not knowing the fate of his pension fund, and being a gambler trusting in the crooks that run AA and knowing they would not let their own fortunes go down the drain, he mortgaged everything he owned and used his considerable 401K funds too....and bought nearly a million shares of the stock. Today he is one rich cousin!

Regards!

11-24-2015, 07:23 AM   #5
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
Worse than booking your trip on a cattle truck!

I can say one thing good about AA......My cousin worked for them for 40 years and when he retired they were in the big crash of '08. Their stock went to $1 per share...maybe a little lower momentarily. Not knowing the fate of his pension fund, and being a gambler trusting in the crooks that run AA and knowing they would not let their own fortunes go down the drain, he mortgaged everything he owned and used his considerable 401K funds too....and bought nearly a million shares of the stock. Today he is one rich cousin!

Regards!
Good on your cousin.

Cattle truck. I miss seeing them longhorns in cattle truck now that I'm here in North GA.

Sometimes I feel sorry for the AA employees because sometimes its not their fault. AA's policies and procedures seem to be AA focused as opposed to being customer focused. But there are times when their employees are the exact opposites of the word service.
11-24-2015, 07:56 AM   #6
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Sage97 Quote
I miss seeing them longhorns
To quench your longhorn desire...

AA's policies and procedures seem to be AA focused as opposed to being customer focused. But there are times when their employees are the exact opposites of the word service.
From my cousin's point of view, it has always been about the perks and salaries at the top of the ladder, not about employees or customers. This is not unusual, but the degree at which AA pursues this goal may exceed that of most corporations.

Regards!
11-24-2015, 08:11 AM   #7
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I'm calling BS on your cousin. Nobody does that. Especially in 4q2008 and 1q2009. Lived it. And I don't ever want to again.

11-24-2015, 08:18 AM   #8
Veteran Member

I really don't think at this point ANY airline provides what I would call stellar customer service. At a personal level, most flight attendants are awesome, but every airline has corporate policies of some sort that are designed to wring every dollar they can out of your pocket. We are literally cattle to them, no more, no less, though I think cattle are given more psychological accommodations at times....

The OP may prefer SW but I have flown on that airline enough to have several horror stories of my own. I personally won't fly SWA unless it's my only option (and I've chosen to drive a few times rather than fly with them). I'm pretty much tied to AA because of various reasons, but I've flown Alaska, Delta and United often enough that they all just merge into one. Between TSA (oh god don't get me started on THAT!) and the mega corporations that prowl the skies, flying has become an ends to a means at best, but quite often a chore.

I miss the days when it was an adventure.
11-24-2015, 08:55 AM   #9
Pentaxian

My last 2 trips have been on Southwest. The airfare was far cheaper than anyone else. Flying Southwest is a lot like riding the bus. No frills but in the end, the only things that matter is that you get there on time and have a relatively comfortable seat, which has always been the case in my own experiences with Southwest. I have also flown a few times with Comair and Delta Connection. I had no other choices because of the destination and time frame. The small jets were cramped and crowded and if you're near 6ft. tall or over, make sure you have an aisle seat or your experience will be cramped misery.
11-24-2015, 09:06 AM - 1 Like   #10
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
From now on, I won't go anywhere Southwest doesn't go
After my last experience flying, and listening to my neighbor's recent trip details. I won't go anywhere that requires an airplane to get to.
11-24-2015, 09:17 AM   #11
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

In my experience, they have the absolute worst customer service compared to any company in any industry. Today was yet another example but I won't bore anyone with details.

From now on, I won't go anywhere Southwest doesn't go.
I feel it got worse when they joined with US Airways.
I always make a point to send in a complaint for any airline when I get bad service.
Take the time to click the link on their homepage and file a report.
Contact American - Questions, comments and suggestions - American Airlines
If nothing else it will let you vent some of that frustration.
11-24-2015, 09:21 AM   #12
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

My wife used to fly every few weeks on Hawaiian between islands. Nearly all the customer service people recognized her and greeted her by name. And the airport (LIH) was great. I could park next to it, see her plane approaching, wait 10 minutes, drive around and she'd be walking out the door.
11-24-2015, 09:24 AM   #13
Veteran Member

I don't believe that, how close are you to that cousin?
If you're close you'd have a 645Z and all the 645 lenses
11-24-2015, 10:31 AM   #14
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by bertwert Quote
If you're close you'd have a 645Z and all the 645 lenses
I wish! He sold when he had increased his purchase price by a factor of 10. He wishes he had held, it could have been much higher, but that is a roller coaster stock and you never know where it will go next? I don't think he has any worries anyhow.

I've had my own good fortune, but not to that degree. At about the same time I turned $80K of BOA stock into over $600K in just over a year. Unfortunately, it was my Mom's investment I made for her. Still...it's all in the family!

A good tip is when a corporation is "too big to fail".....and it looks like it has hit rock bottom, buy all you can.

Regards!
11-24-2015, 11:48 AM   #15
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I wish! He sold when he had increased his purchase price by a factor of 10. He wishes he had held, it could have been much higher, but that is a roller coaster stock and you never know where it will go next? I don't think he has any worries anyhow.

I've had my own good fortune, but not to that degree. At about the same time I turned $80K of BOA stock into over $600K in just over a year. Unfortunately, it was my Mom's investment I made for her. Still...it's all in the family!

A good tip is when a corporation is "too big to fail".....and it looks like it has hit rock bottom, buy all you can.

Regards!
i have one word for you: CITIGROUP

I once worked for a division of 'C'. I had some unvested Deferred Compensation Incentive Stock Options. After the reverse 1:10 split the strike prices Increased 10x (1000%) so my last option expired at a strike price of $364.80.