Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-14-2015, 07:02 PM   #16
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Samsung makes some decent soundbars and have a wireless connection to many Samsung TV's. I'm using a Samsung soundbar on my Vizio TV. It is an improvement but my hearing is poor and I still have difficulty understanding speech sometimes. The soundbar was a big improvement over my previous method of running the sound through my stereo system. It does have bluetooth so I can just sync my iPhone or iPad and play my music. It's only been a few weeks and I'm pretty happy with it. It was my one Black Friday purchase this year, 1/2 price at BJ's Wholesale Club for $79. Normally, you can spend from around $150 on up and you would normally buy a soundbar to match the length of your TV and larger = more money. My soundbar (and TV) are 32". Some come with a subwoofer, for more money of course.

---------- Post added 12-14-15 at 09:11 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
I never liked loud music when I was a kid...or as I got older. I avoided places where it was uncomfortably loud. At 71 my hearing is excellent, so my Mama was right to instruct me that loud music could be a regret later in life. Of course, I have some nice big ears too.....that doesn't hurt either!

Regards!
My Mama told me that too but I didn't pay too much attention. Unfortunately, she never knew about big trucks, machinery, and impact tools so my hearing is shot. I also discovered headphones at a young age and still fondly remember those evenings of listening to my King Crimson and Moody Blues records at full volume. Still, I think it was the impact tools that did the most damage, especially that big 1" gun.

12-14-2015, 08:50 PM   #17
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
So many options that it all comes down to budget. Best budget level out there is the Vizio with sub and two satellite speakers for $150 or so. The sub is wireless so you can place it behind the viewing area. The two satellite speakers are then wire connected to the sub and also placed behind the viewer.

They obvious can't compete to a full home theater system like the one in my basement but this set up works very well in my master and guest bedrooms.

You can go up from that price point as high as you want.

Enjoy the hunt.