Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-03-2016, 01:44 AM   #1

Photos: Albums
pk tether / hardware

I was running pk tether on a atom based netbook with windows xp I no longer have the netbook . will a 7 or 10" windows tablet run pk tether ?

I could carry that around with the camera gear quite easily., I assume the quad core tablets are more powerful than my old netbook.can you get the software on to the tablet.? thank you in advance

happy new year

Steve

01-05-2016, 03:10 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Should work as long as the tablet has a USB port and lets you install Windows desktop applications. Most 2-in-1 notebooks should get the job done - what model are you considering?
01-14-2016, 11:51 AM   #3

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Should work as long as the tablet has a USB port and lets you install Windows desktop applications. Most 2-in-1 notebooks should get the job done - what model are you considering?
I bought a linx 7 windows tablet from amazon around £50 pleased to say it runs PK tether. works fine with a 5 metre usb cable, I am hoping to set the camera up
(KX)
by the bird table and trigger it from the kitchen, the screen is quite small and its a bit hard to see so a 10 inch one might be better for some but I want portability.