Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version 230 Likes Search this Thread
03-23-2016, 09:23 PM   #1381
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by MarkJerling Quote
Ahh, yes. Jetstar. Our favourite budget airline.
We've been flying Jetstar for years and never had a problem caused by them The only time we missed a flight was because we had the time wrong. No problem, Jetstar got us on the next flight 2 hours later and gave us meal vouchers so we could buy lunch. We also fly Qantas and have Qantas FF membership which, of course, works with Jetstar..

My wife and daughter bought return tickets to Vietnam when Jetstar started flying there - for A$27 each way. Our last trip from Sydney to Christchurch cost $4 for my ticket (one of JQ's frequent specials). Our trip to Queenstown a few weeks back was "a take a friend for free" promotion but my wife took me.

03-23-2016, 09:39 PM - 1 Like   #1382
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Ahh, yes. Jetstar. Our favourite budget airline.
QuoteOriginally posted by p38arover Quote
We've been flying Jetstar for years and never had a problem caused by them The only time we missed a flight was because we had the time wrong. No problem, Jetstar got us on the next flight 2 hours later and gave us meal vouchers so we could buy lunch. We also fly Qantas and have Qantas FF membership which, of course, works with Jetstar..

My wife and daughter bought return tickets to Vietnam when Jetstar started flying there - for A$27 each way. Our last trip from Sydney to Christchurch cost $4 for my ticket (one of JQ's frequent specials). Our trip to Queenstown a few weeks back was "a take a friend for free" promotion but my wife took me.
I'm with Mark. Single leg flights are OK, but that's all they do (claim baggage/re-check baggage on multi-leg flights - just so they can cancel or bump you with no obligation). Granted, if you start with no expectations, you can only be delighted, because you have to be prepared to re-calibrate them otherwise. Seriously, they're better than Tiger, but that's not saying much.

Last edited by RobA_Oz; 03-24-2016 at 05:25 AM.
03-23-2016, 10:27 PM - 1 Like   #1383
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums

I have never gone with them. I almost went with them to Sydney once because I went to the Qantas site and searched for a flight. The headline price was better but by the time you paid all the add ons, including $8 per passenger for using a credit card when they did not offer any way of paying to anyone other than CC. Turned out the Qantas total price was $1 per person cheaper without the aggravation of needing to work through a la carte booking. I complained to Qantas that flights offered on the Qantas site should be sold in the simple all included style of real Q flights. The upfront difference in prices was about 80% of the Jetstar "fare". We needed almost every one of the extras because it was a family trip with a child and an elderly person, and we needed some baggage. Q do offer an online payment, not CC, that is free, BPay.

---------- Post added 03-24-16 at 04:01 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by RobA_Oz Quote
I'm with Mark. Single leg flights are OK, but that's all they do (claim baggage/re-check baggage on multi-leg flights - just so they can cancel or bump you with no obligation). Granted, if you start with no expectations, you can only be delighted, because you have to be prepared to re-calibrate them otrherwise. Seriously, they're better than Tiger, but that's not saying much.
And if their flight is delayed you lose because each leg is treated as a separate item.
03-24-2016, 05:06 AM   #1384
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by sherrvonne Quote

Maybe because people go in there and read a book forever thus 'resting' at the same time as defacating. ??? Lol

03-24-2016, 08:30 AM   #1385
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Flight attendants here say, "lavatory." Rest rooms came from posh hotels and restaurants where there were couches and other amenities so that patrons might rest and 'freshen up.'
03-24-2016, 08:34 AM   #1386
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Or is it "lava'try?"
03-24-2016, 09:05 AM   #1387
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
QuoteOriginally posted by Canada_Rockies Quote
No, it's Canadian for long johns, or was when I had to wear them.

Stanfield's

In my family it was the middle one on the page linked above. Wool. Scratchy wool. Scratchy wool all over my body.

I've been using merino wool long johns (pants and shirts rather than union jacks) for cold weather work and play for years. Soft and warm, and the wool wicks away the moisture.

03-24-2016, 09:15 AM - 1 Like   #1388
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
. . . . .I'm sure you know . . . . who Jetstar are.

I know Jetstar. See the 787's on the flightline prior to delivery to the customer all the time.

03-24-2016, 12:11 PM - 1 Like   #1389
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by sherrvonne Quote

Maybe because people go in there and read a book forever....
yeah, I get told off for doing that, but where else can a man get some peace

---------- Post added 25th Mar 2016 at 08:19 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by WPRESTO Quote
Or is it "lava'try?"
lavatree even
all our 'orys' and 'arys' are 'rees'

laboratree, stayshunree,
03-24-2016, 01:22 PM   #1390
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Transit Quote
yeah, I get told off for doing that, but where else can a man get some peace

---------- Post added 25th Mar 2016 at 08:19 AM ----------

lavatree even

laboratree, stayshunree,
I also heard it pronounced "lav'try" with little or no hint of the second "a."
03-24-2016, 05:14 PM   #1391
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

yeah, I get told off for doing that, but where else can a man get some peace [COLOR="Silver"]
lavatree even
laboratree, stayshunree,
I'm also always being told off for that!

And, as for the lavatory. Been calling it the 'bog' for years. Don't know from whom I picked that up.
03-24-2016, 05:43 PM - 1 Like   #1392
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

And, as for the lavatory. Been calling it the 'bog' for years. Don't know from whom I picked that up.
My favorite term for it is biffy. Boring story as to why, but for me it will always be "the biffy"
03-24-2016, 06:15 PM   #1393
Pentaxian

Original Poster
I'm also always being told off for that!

Bog hawke's back to the old days when the long drop was on the edge of it perhaps
03-25-2016, 02:04 AM   #1394
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Bog hawke's back to the old days when the long drop was on the edge of it perhaps
Did you mean "Bog harks back ..".
03-25-2016, 02:14 AM   #1395
Forum Member

Bog Hawkes used to be their Prime Minister, surely?
Closed Thread