Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-22-2020, 07:26 PM - 1 Like   #2371
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
My buddy made nitro glycerine with his chemistry set. As we were leaving his house the vibration of 7 guys going up the stairs set if off. One wall was pretty much destroy, but no one was injured. His "lab" was in the back corner of the basement and the stairs were in the front with two walls in between. My friend was denied further access to chemistry sets. If memory serves me well he was also denied access to grade 11 at our school, although we never found out the exact reason for that. He was definitely genius material. But totally out of control.

George... I always wondered what happened to you buddy. If you see this let me know.
You'll have to stalk him on Faceplant. Sounds like a fun guy!

03-23-2020, 06:37 AM   #2372
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

What happened to that guy? Did he encourage "distance learning?" Did he invent "college without walls?" If you've never seen the movie "What's Up Doc?" starring Barbara Streisand, it's worth a watch. There was a girl in my High School chemistry class that sometimes did unscheduled experiments. She emptied the building once by seeing what would happen if she heated a large amount of sulfur powder over a Bunsen burner.
03-23-2020, 07:11 AM - 5 Likes   #2373
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by WPRESTO Quote
What happened to that guy? Did he encourage "distance learning?" Did he invent "college without walls?" If you've never seen the movie "What's Up Doc?" starring Barbara Streisand, it's worth a watch. There was a girl in my High School chemistry class that sometimes did unscheduled experiments. She emptied the building once by seeing what would happen if she heated a large amount of sulfur powder over a Bunsen burner.
In grade nine we had to do a 3 minute speech on our chosen topic. George didn't prepare at all, but he stood up and did an impromptu speech on nuclear reactions and the problems of core cooling in nuclear powerplants. (He was in Grade Nine.)

Another time, in French class, gorgeous completely stacked 22 year old French teacher. An inspector came in and sat down at the back of the class to inspect the new teacher (to recommend her for a permanent contract, or perhaps fire her.). George and his best friend, another genius Bob Small were tapping morse code to each other. At one point the Inspector grabbed them both by the scruff of their necks and hauled them down to the office and expelled them for 10 days. Next class was band class, they were the whole rhythm section, our two drummers. Our band leader enquired about where they were and we described the whole incident. He said "Oh, that guy was the communications officer on my destoyer during the war."

When they returned to class two weeks later, we tried to find out what they'd tapped, we never found out, but I suspect teenage boy references to the French teacher's anatomy. What else could it have been?

I have a lot of George stories, but this will have to suffice.

Last edited by normhead; 03-23-2020 at 07:19 AM.
03-23-2020, 08:07 AM   #2374
Veteran Member

I have some horny George stories, suppose they will not pass moderation.
Sorry boys.

03-23-2020, 09:50 AM - 3 Likes   #2375
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by WPRESTO Quote
Such behaviour once got my whole class two weeks of detentions because we wouldn't rat out the perp.

Our perp strung together two bunsen burner hoses and set off the fire alarm and sprinkler system by cooking the heat sensor.
She just wanted to know if it really worked... completely innocent.

I honestly don't know how our teachers survived us.

One of my teachers had a nervous break down during the school year. One of the girls put up her hand when she got back 2 months later and asked "We didn't cause your nervous break down did we?" She responded, "You weren't the cause but you sure as hell didn't help any."

Last edited by normhead; 03-23-2020 at 06:12 PM.
03-23-2020, 02:15 PM - 1 Like   #2376
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Digitalis Quote
ooh personal favorite prank, wallpapering a colleagues dorm room and everything in it entirely in aluminum foil. The kicker was that his phone wouldn't get any reception due to his shiny decor
Phone reception!?

I seem to remember there was a payphone in the hall two flights down. But that was a few years ago – about 60.
03-23-2020, 04:20 PM - 3 Likes   #2377
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
In our current situation,I’m with Captain Blackadder!

Wibble!

Last edited by timb64; 03-23-2020 at 05:12 PM.
03-23-2020, 05:15 PM - 3 Likes   #2378
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by timb64 Quote
In our current situation,I’m with Captain Blackadder!
I will admit, the ending of that episode was sadder than I was expecting, especially from a sitcom...

03-24-2020, 04:47 AM - 1 Like   #2379
Pentaxian

This will probably get removed.

In the UK, we are in lockdown 'for as long as it takes'. Advice for those of us who live alone has been 'enhanced' to suggest that, when we go to bed, we sleep in a large plastic refuse sack, up to at least our shoulders. This is so that, if we pop our clogs and no-one knows, at least we won't leak all over the place, and it'll be tidier. The police, apparently, now have powers to fine those who are out without due cause. I am glad they have something to take their minds off the never-ending search for Jack The Ripper.
03-24-2020, 05:07 AM - 11 Likes   #2380
bxf
Veteran Member

Nowhere to hide.
03-24-2020, 04:59 PM - 1 Like   #2381
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
Such behaviour once got my whole class two weeks of detentions because we wouldn't rat out the perp.

Our perp strung together two bunsen burner hoses and set off the fire alarm and sprinkler system by cooking the heat sensor.
She just wanted to know if it really worked... completely innocent.

I honestly don't know how our teachers survived us.

One of my teachers had a nervous break down during the school year. One of the girls put up her hand when she got back 2 months later and asked "We didn't cause your nervous break down did we?" She responded, "You weren't the cause but you sure as hell didn't help any."
We had a pretty young teacher turn up straight out of teaching college and she gave each of us a name badge to wear on the first day she was teaching us. By the end of the week, she told us she had memorised all our names and we could discard the name badges. Problem was, we had all swapped name badges at the beginning of the week so that plan did not work for her. She ran to the principal and he came to our class to tear us a new one. You could see him trying to suppress a grin while he was telling us off.
03-24-2020, 05:09 PM - 4 Likes   #2382
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by MarkJerling Quote
We had a pretty young teacher turn up straight out of teaching college and she gave each of us a name badge to wear on the first day she was teaching us. By the end of the week, she told us she had memorised all our names and we could discard the name badges. Problem was, we had all swapped name badges at the beginning of the week so that plan did not work for her. She ran to the principal and he came to our class to tear us a new one. You could see him trying to suppress a grin while he was telling us off.
On the first day of 1st grade class the teacher was asking everyone their name. She came to one boy who answered "Snot Nose Brown".
The teacher chuckled and said "No, seriously, what do your parents call you?"
"Snot nose", he said.
The teacher said "okay, enough is enough. Go stand in the hall until you're ready to tell the class your real name".
On his way out the door he grabbed his twin brother by the arm and said "C'mon poop butt, She won't believe you either".
03-26-2020, 04:56 PM - 17 Likes   #2383
bxf
Veteran Member

My husband purchased a world map... gave me a dart and said "throw this, and wherever it lands, I'm taking you there for a holiday when this pandemic is over".

Looks like we'll be spending two weeks behind the fridge.
03-27-2020, 07:24 AM   #2384
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by bxf Quote
My husband purchased a world map... gave me a dart and said "throw this, and wherever it lands, I'm taking you there for a holiday when this pandemic is over".

Looks like we'll be spending two weeks behind the fridge.
Absolutely brilliant, I’ve adapted/plagiarised it and sent it to all my contacts by WhatsApp!
03-27-2020, 07:25 AM   #2385
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by timb64 Quote
Absolutely brilliant, I’ve adapted/plagiarised it and sent it to all my contacts by Whatapp!
Which app?