Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-12-2017, 08:53 PM   #361
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by WPRESTO Quote
The preceding post is very familiar to me. Remember it from way back. And I went through development of "THE PLAN" at least three times, and each time the product was, IMHO a pile of ..... Once the entire faculty was engaged in writing a new "mission statement," which for reasons obscure to us was vital to do. Used up meetings for about five months as a recall. Then a few years later a new administration came in and changed it, without consulting the faculty at all. AND DO NOT get me onto the subject of a "strategic plan."
At one stage in my career, I developed IT Strategic Plans. One was for a state government health dept. The steering committee had a representative from every hospital in the state, from 800 bed city hospitals to 4 bed bush nursing homes. There were over 50 of them.

The meetings were a joke.

02-13-2017, 05:51 AM   #362
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
One thing exasperated me beyond endurance during writing of the so-called "strategic plan." A former member of the business school was brought in, passing herself off as an expert on strategic plans. But she knew diddly squat, FAR less than I did. The resulting pile had no goals, no objectives, no assigned action plans, no deadlines, no procedure for review. Nothing. BUT, the president sold it to the board of trustees, who knew diddly squat, and he subsequently used it to justify whatever he decided to do, so hopelessly vague, garbled, and meaningless were virtually every sentence in it.
02-16-2017, 07:41 PM   #363
Resident Bagpiper
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
James and John were asked, on a grammar test, that for a particular sentence which of the following was correct: "had" or "had had".

James, while John had had “had,” had had “had had;” “had had” had had a better effect on the teacher.
02-17-2017, 12:28 AM - 3 Likes   #364
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

True story from a Kansas State Highway Patrol officer: ????

I made a traffic stop on an elderly lady the other day for speeding on U.S. 166 East at Mile Marker 73 just East of Sedan, KS. I asked for her driver's license, registration, and proof of insurance. The lady took out the required information and handed it to me. In with the cards I was somewhat surprised (due to her advanced age) to see she had a concealed carry permit. I looked at her and ask if she had a weapon in her possession at this time.

She responded that she indeed had a .45 automatic in her glove box. Something ... body language, or the way she said it ... made me want to ask if she had any other firearms. She did admit to also having a 9mm Glock in her center console.

Now I had to ask one more time if that was all. She responded once again that she did have just one more, a .38 special in her purse. I then asked her what was she so afraid of.

She looked me right in the eye and said, "Not a damn thing!"

02-17-2017, 01:48 AM   #365
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
I can't post one of my favorite jokes here...it has a (required) 4-letter word, and implied national slur (but you can adapt it to any country you like :-)
02-17-2017, 03:46 AM - 1 Like   #366
pjv
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

So Grandad walked into the room with his tackle out, smothered in boot polish.
Bless him, he must have misheard when we told him to turn his clock back.
02-17-2017, 05:08 AM - 1 Like   #367
Veteran Member

I have been told this is a sexist joke :
Two persons with naturally yellow hair were walking through the forest when they came upon some tracks. One said 'These are deer tracks'. The other responded 'No, these are the tracks of a cow'. 'Deer'. 'Cow'. 'Deer'. 'Cow'.
This went on for five minutes, until the train hit them.
02-18-2017, 03:45 PM   #368
Pentaxian

I can't remember if I have posted this here, but it's worth the five minutes typing. Warning - contains an inferred reference to female genitalia, if that doesn't get your attention nothing will....

The owner of a high street shop comes to work one morning and while unlocking the front door notices that there is a crack in the plate glass window. Fully aware of the fact that a broken window is expensive, he contacts a local glazing company to come and see what they can do. The company send around one of their most experienced glaziers to have a look, and as the store is relatively quiet the owner assigns one of the young female assistants to help the glazier with anything he needs.

The glazier looks at the crack, thinks for a short while, then reaches into the toolbox for a drill. Carefully assessing the line of the crack, the glazier selects a point close to the end of the crack and drills a small hole.

The young shop assistant has watched all this with interest, and asks the glazier "why did you drill the hole there?" The glazier explains that the crack will continue in the direction it is currently traveling, but when it reaches the hole the crack will stop and not go any further.

The young assistant looked puzzled for a moment, then her face suddenly lit up "I get it now, I always wondered what my belly button was for...."

02-18-2017, 06:47 PM   #369
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Tonytee Quote
True story from a Kansas State Highway Patrol officer: ????

I made a traffic stop on an elderly lady the other day for speeding on U.S. 166 East at Mile Marker 73 just East of Sedan, KS. I asked for her driver's license, registration, and proof of insurance. The lady took out the required information and handed it to me. In with the cards I was somewhat surprised (due to her advanced age) to see she had a concealed carry permit. I looked at her and ask if she had a weapon in her possession at this time.

She responded that she indeed had a .45 automatic in her glove box. Something ... body language, or the way she said it ... made me want to ask if she had any other firearms. She did admit to also having a 9mm Glock in her center console.

Now I had to ask one more time if that was all. She responded once again that she did have just one more, a .38 special in her purse. I then asked her what was she so afraid of.

She looked me right in the eye and said, "Not a damn thing!"
I'm still laughing Tony! Nice one.
02-18-2017, 09:32 PM   #370
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by SpecialK Quote
I can't post one of my favorite jokes here...it has a (required) 4-letter word, and implied national slur (but you can adapt it to any country you like :-)
Send it to me by PM.

---------- Post added 19th Feb 2017 at 15:34 ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by 35mmfilmfan Quote
I have been told this is a sexist joke :
Two persons with naturally yellow hair were walking through the forest when they came upon some tracks. One said 'These are deer tracks'. The other responded 'No, these are the tracks of a cow'. 'Deer'. 'Cow'. 'Deer'. 'Cow'.
This went on for five minutes, until the train hit them.
Hmm, the only sexist bits are the references to a deer and a cow - both of which are female. Shame on you!
02-18-2017, 10:43 PM - 1 Like   #371
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by p38arover Quote
Send it to me by PM. [COLOR="Silver"]
On the way. I quickly wrote it up again because I could not find it in my old PM's :-) . It might benefit from a little polishing.
02-19-2017, 01:40 AM   #372
Pentaxian

Got it.
02-19-2017, 01:46 AM - 1 Like   #373
Pentaxian

I never remember jokes, and my wife only remembers one.
This is it;

What do you call a blind deer? No idea.
What do you call a blind deer with no legs? Still no idea.
What do you call a blind deer, with no legs and is on fire? Still flaming no idea.
02-19-2017, 01:53 AM   #374
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by SpecialK Quote
On the way. I quickly wrote it up again because I could not find it in my old PM's :-) . It might benefit from a little polishing.
Feel free to PM me too.
02-19-2017, 02:02 AM   #375
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by MarkJerling Quote
Feel free to PM me too.
Heads up :-)