Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 18757 Likes Search this Thread
06-17-2021, 03:58 PM - 3 Likes   #4006
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Waffles Quote
A bartender was in the process of constructing a perfect Old-fashioned when a Cocker Spaniel walked up to the bar.
'What can I do for ya?'
The Spaniel stared down the bar, inspecting the other patrons, and answered, 'Gimme a whiskey'.
The bartender pushed his just-made masterpiece towards the edge of the bar....'How bout an Old-fashioned?'
The Spaniel cocked his head and glared at the glass. 'I wanna a whiskey', he said. 'If I wanted anything else I woulda asked for it...Whiskey.'
The bar-keep pulled the drink away and poured two fingers of whiskey and placed it in front of the angry customer. 'Here ya go, buddy.'
'If I were yer buddy I woulda taken the Old-fashioned.'
The situation was becoming more tense as the seconds passed but the bartender was ready to defuse the tension: 'Isnt that your wife down there at the end of the bar? Next to the big guy in glasses?'
The Spaniel looked down the bar, then back at the bartender, then slid his whiskey glass away from him. 'Ill take a water. In a bowl.' And taking off his three-piece suit and hat, said in a dejected voice 'that aint my wife, that's my poodle'
confused2

QuoteOriginally posted by robtcorl Quote
Yesterday I spotted an albino Dalmatian.

It was the lest I could do for him.
Okay, I get that one.

06-18-2021, 10:10 AM - 3 Likes   #4007
Closed Account

06-18-2021, 10:15 AM - 2 Likes   #4008
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Waffles Quote
A bartender was in the process of constructing a perfect Old-fashioned when a Cocker Spaniel walked up to the bar.

'What can I do for ya?'

The Spaniel stared down the bar, inspecting the other patrons, and answered, 'Gimme a whiskey'.

The bartender pushed his just-made masterpiece towards the edge of the bar....'How bout an Old-fashioned?'

The Spaniel cocked his head and glared at the glass. 'I wanna a whiskey', he said. 'If I wanted anything else I woulda asked for it...Whiskey.'

The bar-keep pulled the drink away and poured two fingers of whiskey and placed it in front of the angry customer. 'Here ya go, buddy.'

'If I were yer buddy I woulda taken the Old-fashioned.'

The situation was becoming more tense as the seconds passed but the bartender was ready to defuse the tension: 'Isnt that your wife down there at the end of the bar? Next to the big guy in glasses?'

The Spaniel looked down the bar, then back at the bartender, then slid his whiskey glass away from him. 'Ill take a water. In a bowl.' And taking off his three-piece suit and hat, said in a dejected voice 'that aint my wife, that's my poodle'
Anybody?

06-18-2021, 10:20 AM - 2 Likes   #4009
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by slartibartfast01 Quote
Anybody?
I think someone has invented the Zen joke !

Unless it is a shaggy dog story - in which case, where's Scooby ? Me, I always fancied Velma - what a doll.

06-18-2021, 10:24 AM - 6 Likes   #4010
Closed Account

06-19-2021, 01:00 AM - 4 Likes   #4011
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

In that case, if a man speaks in the forest and there is no woman to hear him, is he still wrong?
06-19-2021, 06:43 AM - 6 Likes   #4012
Closed Account

06-19-2021, 08:16 AM - 4 Likes   #4013
Closed Account

06-19-2021, 10:30 AM - 4 Likes   #4014
Closed Account

06-19-2021, 03:18 PM - 7 Likes   #4015
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
What time of day is the best time.....

6:30...hands down
06-19-2021, 04:03 PM - 4 Likes   #4016
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Riggomatic Quote
What time of day is the best time.....
6:30...hands down
Well, actually... the hour hand will be pointing exactly downwards only at 6:00. So half an hour later, it will have moved on from that position 15° when the minute hand is pointing exactly downwards. I think however that 6:30 at least minimizes the sum of the absolute deviations of both hands from pointing exactly down, so I'll give you a pass on that one.. for now if we don't count the absolute values of the deviations however, say we want to balance the hands, the equilibrium will be reached somewhere between 6:25 and 6:26?
06-19-2021, 04:57 PM - 2 Likes   #4017
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by ehrwien Quote
Well, actually... the hour hand will be pointing exactly downwards only at 6:00. So half an hour later, it will have moved on from that position 15° when the minute hand is pointing exactly downwards. I think however that 6:30 at least minimizes the sum of the absolute deviations of both hands from pointing exactly down, so I'll give you a pass on that one.. for now if we don't count the absolute values of the deviations however, say we want to balance the hands, the equilibrium will be reached somewhere between 6:25 and 6:26?
There’s something both comforting and unsettling about finding another human being who thinks like me.
06-19-2021, 05:11 PM - 7 Likes   #4018
Pentaxian

06-19-2021, 05:24 PM - 1 Like   #4019
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Wow, that's a lot of analysis for a Laffy Taffy joke .
06-19-2021, 10:36 PM   #4020
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by timb64 Quote

Hey! We’re not all spotty Herberts with poor dress sense.