Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-22-2017, 09:04 AM - 1 Like   #496
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by WPRESTO Quote
So now what do nutritious recommend I should drink? water, water, water
You might remind these so-called experts that there is no recorded case of a ship ever sinking in alcohol.

04-22-2017, 12:49 PM   #497
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by WPRESTO Quote
It is curious - and exasperating - that so many foods that nutritionists mark as excellent are boring or even borderline obnoxious to my pallet. On the other hand, many things that I really enjoy, crave, and may even be mildly addicted to eating (dark chocolate) are on the "avoid these" list. A recent study found that for people over 45, drinking just one no-cal soda per day tripled the risk of stroke, and for people over 65 just one-a-day tripled the risk of getting dementia. I'm in the latter age category, and drink two no-cal sodas daily - lunch and dinner. Worked at getting a taste for it many years ago, to reduce sugary soda intake. So now what do nutritious recommend I should drink? water, water, water. B-O-R-I-N-G-!-!-! My thoughts? There are worse ways to go than a stroke, and if ignorance is bliss, dementia will be a blessing, and a won't know or care what's happening when I stroke cuts me down. Change diet at my age? Might as well ask me to cure myself of LBA. He who goes out with an enviable lens collection was really enjoying this hobby.
Walt,I'm pretty sure dark chocolate has some "good" qualities,quite apart from it's great taste.And anyway sticking to an obsessively healthy diet won't necessarily make you live longer,it just seems like it!
04-22-2017, 01:41 PM   #498
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by timb64 Quote
Walt,I'm pretty sure dark chocolate has some "good" qualities,quite apart from it's great taste.And anyway sticking to an obsessively healthy diet won't necessarily make you live longer,it just seems like it!
Chocolate is supposed to be very high in anti-oxidants, which are thought to reduce the risk of developing cancers, and dark is supposed to be better than milk chocolate which I generally do not like anyway. Red wine is also supposed to have good health qualities, although I almost never drink wine (or beer). think forward to being in a white room with tubes going into me from all directions, no hope of leaving the room under my own power, lying there and think; "I am so grateful I never had a hot fudge sundae, or slice of apple pie, or slightly greasy sausage, or any form of comfort food over the past ten years." NO THANK YOU!

My basic food groups (I've posted this lest several times: salt - - sugar - - grease - - artificial ingredients - - chocolate - - garlic - - and caffeine.
I always try to consume my MDR of each.
04-22-2017, 11:23 PM   #499
Closed Account

My wife and I were discussing the laundry the other day, in particular, the state of my underwear prior to washing.
My solution to the problem " stains " was to soak the offending items in COLD soapy water before putting them in the machine.
Her solution was that maybe I should start " wiping " my nether regions.

04-23-2017, 03:44 AM - 1 Like   #500
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by 35mmfilmfan Quote
You might remind these so-called experts that there is no recorded case of a ship ever sinking in alcohol.

Famous ancient logic and advice: Put a worm in water, it swims. Put a worm in alcohol, it dies. So drink alcohol and you'll never have worms.
04-23-2017, 04:53 AM   #501
bxf
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by pjv Quote
My wife and I were discussing the laundry the other day, in particular, the state of my underwear prior to washing.
My solution to the problem " stains " was to soak the offending items in COLD soapy water before putting them in the machine.
Her solution was that maybe I should start " wiping " my nether regions.
Sounds like a plan. Could be worth a try...
04-23-2017, 10:25 AM - 1 Like   #502
DAZ
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by timb64 Quote
Patient goes in to visit his doctor for a physical at 60. After the physical, the patient asks, “Well Dr., do you think I’ll live to 80.”

Dr. looks at the chart and says “I see from your chart that you don’t smoke”.

Patients says “Oh no, I have never smoked”.

Dr. says to patient “Do you drink?”.

Patient says “I definitely don’t do that”.

Dr. asks “Then do you chase women?”.

Patient answers “I most definitely would never do that”.

Dr. studies chart and then looks up at the patient in says “well, if you don’t smoke, don’t drink and don’t chase women then why do you want to live to 80?”.

DAZ

Last edited by DAZ; 04-23-2017 at 05:19 PM.
04-27-2017, 03:34 PM - 4 Likes   #503
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Two chaps were having their regular midweek game of golf, but were getting increasingly frustrated by a couple of very slow players ahead who would not call them through. Finally, after waiting half-way down the fairway once more while the players ahead fiddled and dawdled around the putting green, one said, "I'm sick of this. I'm going to go and have a word with them."

So he strode off, but when he was halfway to the green he suddenly turned off the fairway into the bushes and came back to his friend.

"I can't go up there," he explained. "One of them is my wife and the other is my mistress."

So the other chap said, "No worries - I'll go and chew their ears." Off he strode in a very purposeful manner, but the same thing happened - he turned off into the bushes and sneaked back to his mate.

His only comment was, "Gee! It's a small world, isn't it!"
04-28-2017, 05:01 PM - 6 Likes   #504
Closed Account

My computer beat me at chess yesterday.

I beat my computer at kick-boxing today.
04-28-2017, 05:04 PM - 1 Like   #505
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
My computer beat me at chess yesterday.

I beat my computer at kick-boxing today.
Got a good laugh out of this one.

My computer is safe. I don't think I can get my leg up to my desk.
04-28-2017, 05:26 PM   #506
Closed Account

QuoteOriginally posted by Riggomatic Quote
Got a good laugh out of this one.
Very glad to hear it gave you a laugh David. @bertwert did a very good thing by starting this thread.
04-28-2017, 07:51 PM - 1 Like   #507
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Very glad to hear it gave you a laugh David. @bertwert did a very good thing by starting this thread.
And to celebrate!

04-28-2017, 08:51 PM - 1 Like   #508
Veteran Member

Bertwert, that's no joke!
04-29-2017, 12:28 AM - 2 Likes   #509
Veteran Member

Does anyone know how to cancel an E-Bay bid?

I put three quid on a cowboy outfit and now I'm six minutes away from being the new owner of the Labour party....
04-29-2017, 04:02 AM - 1 Like   #510
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Liney Quote
I put three quid on a cowboy outfit and now I'm six minutes away from being the new owner of the Labour party.
Don't worry - take them all bird-watching, see if you can find a Red-backed Strike