A guy is going through his wardrobe...
The Joke Thread - Page 16 - PentaxForums.com

Sorry

04-06-2020, 03:00 PM - 5 Likes   #2462
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by bxf Quote

In one town on the way to Washington DC, orders came from the top police chief that tickets were to be issued to speedsters with more pertinacity, regardless of who is driving.

One day, George Bush is leaving the White House for a meeting somewhere, but he is running a bit late, so he tells his calm chauffer "get in the back, I'm going to drive. Nobody is going to mess with me". And so it is done, and as Bush is speeding along through the aforementioned town, he passes two motorcycle cops. They look at each other, and go chasing the limo. The limo stops, and cop1 goes to the car, talks a short while and returns to his bike, looking somewhat shaken. Cop2 asks, "so, did you give him a ticket?"
Cop1 replies, "no, too important".
Cop2: "Huh? what do you mean? Who is it?"
Cop1: I don't know, but he's got Bush for a chauffeur.
I heard this one told a little differently!

One day, the Pope is leaving the Vatican for a meeting somewhere, but he is running a bit late, so he tells his slow chauffeur "Get in the back, I'm driving". And so it is done, and as the Pope is speeding through Rome, he passes two motorcycle Carabinieri. They look at each other, and go chasing the limo. The limo stops, and the one Carabinieri goes to the car, talks a short while and returns to his bike, looking somewhat shaken. The other Carabinieri asks, "So, did you give him a ticket?"
Carabinieri1 replies, "No, too important".
Carabinieri2: "Huh? What do you mean? Who is it?"
Carabinieri1: I'm not sure, but he had the Pope for a chauffeur so I think it was God.
04-06-2020, 05:40 PM - 9 Likes   #2463
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Nail salons closed
Lash salons closed
Hair salons closed
Tanning salons closed
Waxing salons closed

It's about to get ugly out there lads. Stay safe.
04-06-2020, 06:51 PM   #2464
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by bxf Quote
Nothing to be sorry about.

I haven't read through all the pages of this thread, and I wasn't aware of your prior telling of a similar joke.

I'm not sure where I first heard the version I used, but I'm pretty sure it may have been during the 1960's with me listening to American comedians on the Ed Sullivan show. I'm not sure if the Ed Sullivan Show was too well known outside of the States and Canada...but it was a wonderful variety TV show...that featured all types of very entertaining performers...and many American stand up comedians.

Truth be told I get a lot of my material from vintage American comedian material...mostly stuff from the '30's to the 1990's. Very little of my stuff is original...

Les

04-07-2020, 02:38 AM - 3 Likes   #2465
Pentaxian

Just for fun ... blatant FB steal. Tell someone that you are giving them a black MX with a M 40/2.8 ...

04-07-2020, 05:53 AM - 14 Likes   #2466
Pentaxian

Another FB steal ... oui, I have no shame. Remember that I am French.

04-07-2020, 03:25 PM - 1 Like   #2467
Pentaxian

EDIT:

I added a bit ** , to provide some extra context.

Throughout my life I've been a fan of western movies and TV shows. But one thing I could never understand especially with shows made in the 1930's to '50's was during extended gun fights...cowboys...both good and bad seemed to have an a never ending supply of bullets in their six shooters.

Both sides would be firing away, for the most part never seen to be reloading. Awhile back I was reading the bio of famous movie actor Burt Reynolds, who was a friend of the 'King of the cowboys' Roy Rogers, who in his time was a huge TV Western star.

Burt asked this very question...why in the old Western films did the cowboys never seem to have to reload their guns ...the guns just seemed to have an inexhaustible supply of bullets in their guns ?

Roy's answer.."'Well, in the movies and TV shows...we always used Colt 45's. "

** I should add...when Roy said Colt 45, he wasn't referring to the caliber of the bullet of the gun...he was jokingly implying that a Colt 45 could shoot 45 bullets without reloading..... as opposed to the typical western movie six shooter gun ..... which would only shoot six bullets.

Last edited by lesmore49; 04-08-2020 at 10:38 AM.
04-07-2020, 03:45 PM - 5 Likes   #2468
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Speaking of Roy Rogers.
Dale Evans had just bought Roy a new pair of boots.
Roy got them muddy one day working on his ranch so he left them on the front porch when he went inside.
Some time during the night a cougar came onto the porch and took off with the boots.
From the tracks left in the mud Roy knew what had happened so he saddled his horse and went after the animal.
He found it, shot it, draped it over his saddle and headed home.
When Dale saw it she started singing

wait for it

♫Pardon me Roy, is that the cat that chewed your new shoes"♫
04-07-2020, 07:47 PM - 3 Likes   #2469
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by lesmore49 Quote
Throughout my life I've been a fan of western movies and TV shows. But one thing I could never understand especially with shows made in the 1930's to '50's was during extended gun fights...cowboys...both good and bad seemed to have an a never ending supply of bullets in their six shooters.

Both sides would be firing away, for the most part never seen to be reloading. Awhile back I was reading the bio of famous movie actor Burt Reynolds, who was a friend of the 'King of the cowboys' Roy Rogers, who in his time was a huge TV Western star.

Burt asked this very question...why in the old Western films did the cowboys never seem to have to reload their guns ...the guns just seemed to have an inexhaustible supply of bullets in their guns ?

Roy's answer.."'Well, in the movies and TV shows...we always used Colt 45's. "
I wonder how many counted shots the second time they watched "Dirty Harry."
04-08-2020, 07:48 AM - 2 Likes   #2470
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

A friend of mine use to say:
"I am not superstitious because it is bad luck"
"What does one more stain matter to my lost reputation if I already look like a leopard"
04-08-2020, 08:41 AM - 7 Likes   #2471
Veteran Member

Original Poster
04-08-2020, 10:11 AM - 5 Likes   #2472
Pentaxian

One doctor I used to visit had a sign on her wall saying :

'Even if you are Paranoid -
It doesn't mean they are not all out to get you'

She was the one who told me, when I explained that I was not overweight, just under-tall :

'If you were the right height for your weight, you'd be in the Guinness Book Of Records.'
04-08-2020, 10:44 AM - 2 Likes   #2473
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by WPRESTO Quote
I wonder how many counted shots the second time they watched "Dirty Harry."
I bet a lot did.. I did .

In the movie, Dirty Harry AKA Inspector Callahan, says something like this to this bank robber :

."I know what you're thinking: "Did he fire six shots or only five?" Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement, I've kinda lost track myself."

As it happens 'Dirty' had fired six shots.
04-09-2020, 06:10 AM - 4 Likes   #2474
Veteran Member

Wife to husband: What are you doing?
Husband: Playing hopscotch.
Wife: That's not hopscotch, it's just the kids hopping up and down and you drinking scotch.
04-09-2020, 06:47 AM - 7 Likes   #2475
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

I saw my neighbor out early this morning scraping the "my kid is an honor student" sticker off of her minivan.
I guess that first week of homeschooling didn't go so well.