Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 18776 Likes Search this Thread
09-29-2021, 07:52 PM   #4306
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by clackers Quote
Screenshot below of what I see, Michael.

In most web browsers, if you do a Ctrl-F5, the browser attempts to download the current page instead of pulling elements like graphics out of your computer's cache. That's how you test changes.
What does one do when using a tablet or stoopit phon that doesn't have a keyboard with F keys?

09-29-2021, 10:57 PM   #4307
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
And I see why, thank you for the extra information, Dave ...

At the site I'm working at today, flickr.com is not blocked by its firewall, but flic.kr (Michael's post) is.

See? It's about *our* environment, our settings.

The picture is not hosted by Adam.
I can't see it on my phone and clicking through to Flickr it says "page not found".

09-29-2021, 11:37 PM - 4 Likes   #4308
Pentaxian

This is all becoming a bit of a joke!
09-30-2021, 03:35 AM - 3 Likes   #4309
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by timb64 Quote
This is all becoming a bit of a joke!
I agree with Tim.

Let's get back to the funny stuff guys including Michael's contributions which seem to date back to the 1970's.

09-30-2021, 06:43 AM - 4 Likes   #4310
Pentaxian

Apparently women are twice as empathic as men. I can’t even imagine what that must be like
09-30-2021, 07:12 AM   #4311
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by timb64 Quote
Apparently women are twice as empathic as men. I can’t even imagine what that must be like
Judging by your statement, they're also half as empathic. 2 x 0 is the same as 1/2 x 0
09-30-2021, 08:04 AM   #4312
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
There is a similar debate going on the vaccination thread.

Math and percentages were never my strongest skills.

Now I need a drink.

09-30-2021, 10:13 AM - 1 Like   #4313
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by FreeSpirit9 Quote
I agree with Tim.

Let's get back to the funny stuff guys including Michael's contributions which seem to date back to the 1970's.
I agree.
10-01-2021, 04:46 AM - 1 Like   #4314
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
What does one do when using a tablet or stoopit phon that doesn't have a keyboard with F keys?
Yeah, they're simplistic devices not equipped for doing that, Racer. You just have to delete your cache of everything in it and reload the site:

How to Hard Refresh on a Mobile Device | SLEEPLESS MEDIA
10-01-2021, 11:20 AM - 1 Like   #4315
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

... You just have to delete your cache of everything in it and reload the site:
You must be joking. Rather, I wish you were – for this thread anyway.
10-01-2021, 11:33 AM - 12 Likes   #4316
Veteran Member

Original Poster
An Afghan, an Albanian, an Algerian, an American, an Andorran, an Angolan, an Antiguans, an Argentine, an Armenian, an Australian, an Austrian, an Azerbaijani, a Bahamian, a Bahraini, a Bangladeshi, a Barbadian, a Barbudans, a Batswanan, a Belarusian, a Belgian, a Belizean, a Beninese, a Bhutanese, a Bolivian, a Bosnian, a Brazilian, a Brit, a Bruneian, a Bulgarian, a Burkinabe, a Burmese, a Burundian, a Cambodian, a Cameroonian, a Canadian, a Cape Verdean, a Central African, a Chadian, a Chilean, a Chinese, a Colombian, a Comoran, a Congolese, a Costa Rican, a Croatian, a Cuban, a Cypriot, a Czech, a Dane, a Djibouti, a Dominican, a Dutchman, an East Timorese, an Ecuadorean, an Egyptian, an Emirian, an Equatorial Guinean, an Eritrean, an Estonian, an Ethiopian, a Fijian, a Filipino, a Finn, a Frenchman, a Gabonese, a Gambian, a Georgian, a German, a Ghanaian, a Greek, a Grenadian, a Guatemalan, a Guinea-Bissauan, a Guinean, a Guyanese, a Haitian, a Herzegovinian, a Honduran, a Hungarian, an I-Kiribati, an Icelander, an Indian, an Indonesian, an Iranian, an Iraqi, an Irishman, an Israeli, an Italian, an Ivorian, a Jamaican, a Japanese, a Jordanian, a Kazakhstani, a Kenyan, a Kittian and Nevisian, a Kuwaiti, a Kyrgyz, a Laotian, a Latvian, a Lebanese, a Liberian, a Libyan, a Liechtensteiner, a Lithuanian, a Luxembourger, a Macedonian, a Malagasy, a Malawian, a Malaysian, a Maldivan, a Malian, a Maltese, a Marshallese, a Mauritanian, a Mauritian, a Mexican, a Micronesian, a Moldovan, a Monacan, a Mongolian, a Moroccan, a Mosotho, a Motswana, a Mozambican, a Namibian, a Nauruan, a Nepalese, a New Zealander, a Nicaraguan, a Nigerian, a Nigerien, a North Korean, a Northern Irishman, a Norwegian, an Omani, a Pakistani, a Palauan, a Palestinian, a Panamanian, a Papua New Guinean, a Paraguayan, a Peruvian, a Pole, a Portuguese, a Qatari, a Romanian, a Russian, a Rwandan, a Saint Lucian, a Salvadoran, a Samoan, a San Marinese, a Sao Tomean, a Saudi, a Scottish, a Senegalese, a Serbian, a Seychellois, a Sierra Leonean, a Singaporean, a Slovakian, a Slovenian, a Solomon Islander, a Somali, a South African, a South Korean, a Spaniard, a Sri Lankan, a Sudanese, a Surinamer, a Swazi, a Swede, a Swiss, a Syrian, a Taiwanese, a Tajik, a Tanzanian, a Togolese, a Tongan, a Trinidadian or Tobagonian, a Tunisian, a Turkish, a Tuvaluan, a Ugandan, a Ukrainian, a Uruguayan, a Uzbekistani, a Venezuelan, a Vietnamese, a Welshman, a Yemenite, a Zambian and a Zimbabwean all go to a nightclub.

The doorman stops them and says "Sorry I cant let you in without a Thai".
10-01-2021, 01:05 PM - 1 Like   #4317
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by bertwert Quote
The doorman stops them and says "Sorry I cant let you in without a Thai".
When you immediately know the punchline of the joke not by reading the whole joke, not by reading just the introduction, but by instantaneous pattern recognition of the look of the wall of text.
10-01-2021, 01:55 PM - 7 Likes   #4318
Veteran Member

10-01-2021, 01:56 PM - 1 Like   #4319
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by ehrwien Quote
When you immediately know the punchline of the joke not by reading the whole joke, not by reading just the introduction, but by instantaneous pattern recognition of the look of the wall of text.
Agreed. I also like the look of gestalt.
10-01-2021, 05:02 PM - 1 Like   #4320
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by StiffLegged Quote
You must be joking. Rather, I wish you were – for this thread anyway.
Sadly, no, phones and tablets don't do what 'real' computers do, but you already knew that.

On the other hand, it's very hard to stuff a laptop into your jeans pocket, so fair's fair!