Show Printable Version 8 Likes Search this Thread
02-11-2016, 02:08 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Tom S. Quote
artistic talents
QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
Nor have I
What are you doing on an art (photography) forum then?

02-11-2016, 05:36 PM - 3 Likes   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by bertwert Quote
What are you doing on an art (photography) forum then?
We're guarding the forum against juvenile delinquents.
02-11-2016, 05:46 PM   #18
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Tom S. Quote
We're guarding the forum against juvenile delinquents.
Tom, we think too much alike. I started to reply along those lines but couldn't come up with the right words.
02-11-2016, 06:16 PM   #19
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Drums, percussion, guitar (mostly acoustic) and vocals here...

02-11-2016, 06:52 PM   #20
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Yes I play electric bass in a few bands (hence the name). I'm self taught but have gotten pretty good over the past 20 years. I also enjoy messing around on drums and keyboards.
02-11-2016, 07:02 PM - 1 Like   #21
mee
Veteran Member

Novice bass guitar and keyboard and also produce electronic music (mostly Trance) for 19 years.. though right now I'm on an 80s/synthwave kick.

which is interesting in that I will get really inspired on the music side for some time while my inspiration (and desire) to photograph dwindles. Then it reverses and I am all for photography and let the music stuff sit for awhile. ebb and flow.
02-11-2016, 07:06 PM   #22
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

I'm a big music fan, and dabble in playing guitar. :-)

02-13-2016, 10:22 PM   #23
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Classically trained musician here! I have been playing the flute for nearly 20 years, and the oboe for about 9 years.

i'm currently studying orchestral repertoire with one of the top flute players in the Adelaide symphony orchestra: it has been challenging - but thoroughly enjoyable for me.
02-13-2016, 11:55 PM   #24
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by clackers Quote
I'm a big music fan, and dabble in playing guitar. :-)
Same here, music fan for as long as I can remember. Played a bit of electric guitar and bass years ago, nowadays acoustic fingerstyle.
02-14-2016, 05:05 AM   #25
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Flute here, music minor in college. Still taking lessons after more than 35 years. Classical training with some jazz in college.
02-17-2016, 07:35 PM - 1 Like   #26
Veteran Member

I learned guitar in 1960 at the ripe old age of 5...learned sax in high school, and learned every instrument in the bandroom except oboe and bassoon, reeds were too expensive. I play guitar for a band now, still can play bass and a little drums and keyboards, haven't picked up my sax or flute in quite a while.

Current equipment includes...

Guitars -

Fender Squire Stratocaster, my favorite guitar, I've had it about 20 years.
Peavey Patriot, bought used in about 1997.
Cort CL 1500
1966 harmony Bobkat, yard sale find also about 1997, for 2 bucks. About $15 in repairs, still playing it.
Takamine Acoustic Electric
No name telecaster copy
antique Electromuse Lap Steel
Epiphone FT 130 in need of repairs
1960's Kingston in need of repair

Sold a Washburn BT 2 nd a no name telecaster I loved a couple of years ago, no work and broke...

Amps -

1973 Fender Super Reverb
1974 Fender Champ
Late 1980's Peavey MX w/ 1967 Kustom 2x12 cabinet
Fender Pro jr recently bought at a yard sale
1980's Peavey Classic in need of repair and speakers

Artley flute
King Cleveland alto sax
2 xylophones
Wurlitzer Electronic piano, probably early 1970's.

Various effects and other stage gear. Current effects board (home built) includes

Arion Analog Delay
Ibanez Phaser
Marshall Bluesbreaker Overdrive
Ibanez SD 9 distortion
Schaller volume pedal
A/B switch for using dual amp system in either/or mode.

A couple of microphones, mic stand, several guitar stands, 3 or 4 recorders (never did learn to play the thing well) and a antique German Mandolin that needs some repairs.

This is my current stage rig, on the far right. Everything to the right of the blue guitar is my stage rig

A couple of older shots...

Playing the Electromuse Lap Steel in Nachitoches Louisiana about 8 to 10 years ago

The no name Telecaster I sold, it originally had a fake Tom Anderson label that I later removed after this shot was taken. That's the Peavey MX and Kustom cabinet behind me. I had to sit on a stool that night because my back was killing me, band members lugged my rig inside for me. I could barely walk.

The Washburn I sold and the alto sax, also in Louisiana around the same time but in Monroe. We played in that club many times, my niece would take pictures.

Playing slide on the 1966 Harmony

A video the current band made a couple of years ago. I did both lead vocal parts, and two parts in the chorus sections, with Alan and Shane, and we did two vocal tracks to get more of a big choir sound in the chorus sections. Everything video taped as we recorded it. That's the Super Reverb in use for this one. I wanted the Champ but didn't have it with me. We've done a couple of other recordings, but nothing we were satisfied enough with to play for other people.

I have a few recordings I made myself on my Bandmix profile at Paleopete - Musician in Huntington TX - BandMix.com Some are originals, While We Cry is a cover tune (Kenny Wayne Shepperd)

Last edited by Paleo Pete; 02-17-2016 at 07:41 PM.
02-17-2016, 07:51 PM   #27
Pentaxian

I am a terrible musician but play and record anyways..i pretend to play getar, very simple keyboard stuff and looping with a nifty device called the kaossilator...recording is more my thing for mixing demos for myself and a few friends......you can enjoy this little ditty I wrote for Alabama crimson tide football called 'gameday'......would be much better with a bunch of kids singing it and more acoustical in nature and many other interesting pieces as well

https://www.reverbnation.com/aaron28/song/2567431-gameday-for-alabama-crimson-tide
02-18-2016, 04:10 PM - 1 Like   #28
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I decided to learn the cello later in life. If you think opinions about lenses or camera bodies gets heated - go dive into some cello forums on wood vs carbon fiber instruments vs country of origin of wood and who made it....whoa.
02-18-2016, 04:27 PM   #29
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I play piano ( lessons from 5-18 yrs). Owned some 80's gear synths: Ensoniq sq80, Yamaha dx7. Stepped up to some Proteus rack mount modules and Alesis modules. Sold most everything and bought a Gibson SG guitar. Sold that and picked up a Gibson Les Paul studio.

Lead vocals in a band for a bit. Sang covers of Alice in Chains, Stone Temple Pilots, Ozzy, Alice Cooper, Hendrix.

Now I'm back to the piano.
02-18-2016, 05:43 PM   #30
mee
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Riggomatic Quote
Owned some 80's gear synths: Ensoniq sq80, Yamaha dx7.

Cool synths. Some people have made a free software version of both.

SQ80: [www.buchty.net] Section Ensoniq
DX7: Dexed

Just need a VST plugin host (such as the freely trialable REAPER REAPER | Audio Production Without Limits ) and a keyboard that outputs MIDI signals to your PC and voila.

There is also a commercial version of the DX7 clone, that has been enhanced: Komplete : Synths : Fm8 | Products

Tons of synths available on the computer for cheap or even free. If you want to delve into this..