Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-26-2016, 09:09 AM   #1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Imperial Collision - Mr. Blue Comes Home

Two or three weeks ago I posted about backing my BMW M4 into some stacked roof shingles in our driveway (despite the array of sensors and cameras on the car) as I rushed to get to a local Michelin dealer to repair an actively leaking tire punctured by a nail. I mentioned that although the damage was slight, clear coat complicated life by elevating the repair to a far more involved project than what one would expect.

After some research, I decided on Imperial Collision in Houston which specializes in repairs and restorations of high-performance vehicles, and yesterday we picked up the car. The folks at Imperial did a masterful job of matching the paint - there's no evidence that a goofy old geezer ever backed the car into a pile of shingles.

For a car guy like me, Imperial is an interesting place to hang out - especially given that Butch (the owner) and his staff are extraordinarily friendly and treat you wonderfully by describing various projects underway in the shop. Here are some shots that I grabbed while we were there.

Jer

It's easy to understand why Connie is smiling :

An early BMW 3 Series getting hot-rodded:

Batman's Lambo:

A classic E46 M3 in the midst of a restoration:

Another classic - a 993 Porsche 911 Carrera in for a repaint:

Imperial's owner Butch (in the red shirt) posing with the M4 right before I drove it away:

Mr. Blue back home in the driveway:

02-27-2016, 09:05 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Glad you got Mr. Blue back home safe and sound, and here's hoping you don't back into anything else. You aren't the only one to do that. A couple of days after Christmas on a rainy & foggy night I came home from baby sitting my grandson (6 mo old). And for some unknown reason I decided to back into my driveway (my wife's car resides in the garage) and I clipped my mailbox and split the post. Did about $300 damage to the car (2011 Toyota Corolla), plus I had to put in a new post and box.
02-28-2016, 08:23 AM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
I'll bet you enjoyed your time with your grandson - I've got one terrific granddaughter, but I'd sure like to have a grandson one of these days.

This was the first time I've been at fault colliding with something since 1990 when I backed into a sign at the U.S. Air Force Museum in Dayton Ohio. Thanks for reminding me I'm not the only one bedeviled with the occasional faux pas!

Jer