Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 11 Likes Search this Thread
03-12-2016, 09:07 AM   #31
mee
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by csa Quote
I'm not "worked up" over this; rather stating my opinion on DST; nor am I having a tantrum! Many state opinions here, are they also "worked up", or having a "tantrum"? As far as "hard to photograph scenes when I'm no longer here; if something happens to me, it surely won't be over something stupid like DST!

BTW, I had my first & only heart attack in my early 30's, & I'm still here; I can assure you, DST had absolutely nothing to do with it!
Talking like a pirate (Arrrgh) and all the 'Mad' emoticon faces told me otherwise. I'm glad to now know you're not really upset. Because you appear very upset to me!

03-12-2016, 09:17 AM   #32
csa
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by mee Quote
Talking like a pirate (Arrrgh) and all the 'Mad' emoticon faces told me otherwise. I'm glad to now know you're not really upset. Because you appear very upset to me!
Trust me; you have never seen me upset, let alone; very upset! DST is a thorn in many people's side, not just mine. Does it wreck my day, week, year? Absolutely not, but that doesn't mean I have to like it. I guess starting threads about things we don't like, is a no-no?
03-12-2016, 09:22 AM   #33
mee
Veteran Member

Trust me; you have never seen me upset, let alone; very upset! DST is a thorn in many people's side, not just mine. Does it wreck my day, week, year? Absolutely not, but that doesn't mean I have to like it. I guess starting threads about things we don't like, is a no-no?
No, but venting and then not calling it venting is. Let's be honest, you're venting. One doesn't vent unless they have steam. Steam doesn't build unless there is heat. Heat doesn't form unless there is anger.

If you want to vent, I'm not going to stop you. But getting angry and not saying you're not angry is not being honest. And these rises in blood pressure will not help you in the long run. Best to relax I say!
03-12-2016, 09:33 AM   #34
csa
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
Sorry to disappoint you; but you don't know me. As for my blood pressure, I have a very low blood pressure!

Now that the thread has been completely hi-jacked by someone that insists on turning this thread into discussing me, rather than the subject, it's time to move on.

03-12-2016, 09:50 AM   #35
mee
Veteran Member

Sorry to disappoint you; but you don't know me. As for my blood pressure, I have a very low blood pressure!

Now that the thread has been completely hi-jacked by someone that insists on turning this thread into discussing me, rather than the subject, it's time to move on.
We only know what we see and can understand from what we observe. But sorry you feel that way (really). You can keep venting on DST if you want. Was only attempting to calm you since you come across as grump/angry. In turn, I see you only went more grumpy/angry. I'll just step out of the thread so you can proceed.
03-12-2016, 09:51 AM   #36
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Photos: Gallery | Albums
It sorta helps me with my shooting out my windows at the birds and other creatures. It fits my early morning schedule better and gives me better light...but it does take a while to adjust to the change. Overall, I think we might be better off not monkeying with the time?

The animals are confused by the change in feeding times, since they don't have a watch or clock handy to notice the change.....Feed comes out either too early or too late, and by the time they adjust we are changing again......

Carol...let it be noted that for once...no damn squirrel hijacked a thread!

Regards!
03-12-2016, 09:58 AM   #37
csa
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
It sorta helps me with my shooting out my windows at the birds and other creatures. It fits my early morning schedule better and gives me better light...but it does take a while to adjust to the change. Overall, I think we might be better off not monkeying with the time?

The animals are confused by the change in feeding times, since they don't have a watch or clock handy to notice the change.....Feed comes out either too early or too late, and by the time they adjust we are changing again......

Carol...let it be noted that for once...no damn squirrel hijacked a thread!

Regards!
I agree Rupert, my dog's tummy bell does not adjust to the time change easily!

Heck, I'd prefer Otis' hijacking rather than being psychoanalyzed by a member!

03-12-2016, 10:12 AM   #38
mee
Veteran Member

Heck, I'd prefer Otis' hijacking rather than being psychoanalyzed by a member!
Though you have to admit, this thread started with you saying a lot of *I* and *my* and less in the way of incorporating the community -- so the thread WAS/IS about you. Then you slapped me down claiming I'm making the thread about you, when I pointed that out (when I was, all along, attempting to calm you). So confusing.
03-12-2016, 10:26 AM   #39
csa
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
forehead slap

Enjoy!
03-12-2016, 11:49 AM - 3 Likes   #40
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

Not going to analyse anyone - I'll just cast my vote in support of abolishing DST. Or for keeping it permanently. The changing back and forth is just stupid.
03-12-2016, 02:52 PM - 1 Like   #41
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I vote for completely abolishing DST as well. Been a pain in our database software's side forever!
03-12-2016, 05:23 PM   #42
Forum Member

Photos: Albums
I am a Bio-medical Equipment Technician, so I get to leave the house at 1:30 tonight to visit two of our three hospitals to change clocks on various Monitors, Defibrillators, Olympus arthroscopic camera controllers and x-ray machines. I shoud be done about 5:30 so my Sunday is shot! The main hospital will take the other tech even more time.
03-12-2016, 05:50 PM   #43
csa
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
And we think changing our clocks in our homes is an inconvenience!
03-12-2016, 06:35 PM   #44

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by boriscleto Quote
Nor does Indiana or Arizona.
I live in Indiana and we now observe DST...to the dismay of many. We have even managed to resolve our time zone battles! We hope to transition to betamax and auto focus sometime in 2018.
03-12-2016, 07:07 PM   #45
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by kneemeister Quote
I am a Bio-medical Equipment Technician, so I get to leave the house at 1:30 tonight to visit two of our three hospitals to change clocks on various Monitors, Defibrillators, Olympus arthroscopic camera controllers and x-ray machines. I shoud be done about 5:30 so my Sunday is shot! The main hospital will take the other tech even more time.
Ok, I stop venting now.
Wow!