Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3 Likes Search this Thread
04-13-2016, 10:33 PM - 1 Like   #1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Gone and will never be forgotten.

As difficult as it is to write this, I will say what Bob Hope would say, "Thanks for the Memories."

Tonytee

Attached Images

04-14-2016, 05:32 AM   #2
Veteran Member

A great guy, and a wonderful image of him. As with many comedians I would have loved to have met him and not have him make me laugh! It would have been interesting to have seen the "normal" side of him.

A nice clear crisp image, the lighting and colours are well captured. Well done
04-14-2016, 09:37 AM   #3
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Liney Quote
A nice clear crisp image, the lighting and colours are well captured. Well done
Tony didn't take this photo. Check watermark in lower right hand corner of this photo.
04-14-2016, 10:01 AM - 1 Like   #4
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

I was reminiscing the other day of all the people I have known personally that are now gone. It's a long list and I'm sure I missed a lot of them. Though gone, they live on in the lives they touched and in the memories of those they influenced so much. There would be no way I could ever repay what so many have given to me with their care, concern and lessons from others that gave to them. I hope I can leave something worthwhile behind too.....

My most cherished memories are not from the rich or famous, but from the "little people" that truly understood the essence of life and shared it with others.

Regards!

04-14-2016, 04:06 PM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
My wife's maiden name is Williams. If you could see a photo of her late brother Gene, you would swear that he and Robin were twins. However, my wife decided to not pursue any research regarding a family connection. The one area that had puzzled me was that Robin Williams was on all the time. Meaning that where ever he was, he was performing. These professionals, command and receive enormous sums of money for plying their craft. Therefore, I had always suspected that in the recesses of his mind, he was covering something up. Of course I had no idea he would commit suicide. Another one of my favorites was and still is Richard Jeni. Not many folks know this, but Jeni was quite an intellectual. He held several degrees, one of which is Civil Engineering. All I can say is, R.I.P., my friends.

Tony

---------- Post added 04-14-16 at 04:49 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by photolady95 Quote
Tony didn't take this photo. Check watermark in lower right hand corner of this photo.
I did not intend to imply that the photo was mine. I thought that was rather obvious with the coffee mug that shows, The Late Show with David Letterman and of course as you so rightly mentioned the watermark.

Tonytee
04-16-2016, 06:30 AM   #6
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
I was reminiscing the other day of all the people I have known personally that are now gone. It's a long list and I'm sure I missed a lot of them. Though gone, they live on in the lives they touched and in the memories of those they influenced so much. There would be no way I could ever repay what so many have given to me with their care, concern and lessons from others that gave to them. I hope I can leave something worthwhile behind too.....

My most cherished memories are not from the rich or famous, but from the "little people" that truly understood the essence of life and shared it with others.

Regards!
Well said. Same here.
04-16-2016, 07:49 AM - 1 Like   #7
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Tonytee Quote
I did not intend to imply that the photo was mine.
It was moved to General Talk from the Photo Critique forum where you initially posted it. Maybe that's what gave the impression that you were claiming it as your own? That's where people generally post their own photos to get feedback.

Last edited by Parallax; 04-16-2016 at 08:00 AM.
04-17-2016, 06:01 AM   #8
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I hadn't realized Richard Jeni was dead until now, he was pretty amazing. As a parent of kids with mood disorders this nightmare it's always the elephant in the room.
04-18-2016, 06:23 AM   #9
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote

Regards!
I find I miss the dogs I have had that have gone over the bridge more than people. I'm not a very social person.
04-18-2016, 06:44 AM   #10
csa
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Wheatfield Quote
I find I miss the dogs I have had that have gone over the bridge more than people. I'm not a very social person.

While I miss my departed beloved dogs very much, I also miss my entire family that are gone; especially my loving husband of 30 years! There are also some very close friends gone, that I also think of often.
04-18-2016, 08:05 AM   #11
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

QuoteOriginally posted by Wheatfield Quote
Yep, I often think I have known more "good ol' dogs" than I have "good ol' people". Loyal and faithful to the bone, never abandon you when you fail, always there to comfort you when you are down and out. Never go shopping with your credit card, and appreciate every kind word and little pat on the head.

Old Rupertdog...he lived 20 years and bit a lot of people...but he never bit me!

He was one of the many pals in life.......I cherish the memories......
RUPERTDOG Photo Gallery by James Williams at pbase.com

Regards!