Yes 1124.44%
No 1635.56%
Go sit in the corner with your tinfoil hat on 1533.33%
OMG it's Bigfoot! can I have your autograph? 36.67%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

Show Printable Version 9 Likes Search this Thread
04-21-2016, 02:23 PM - 1 Like   #16
Veteran Member

I reserve the right to say "I told you so" whatever the eventual outcome may be....

04-22-2016, 09:11 PM - 1 Like   #17
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Since I have not put a vote in and have not stated my thoughts, here we go.

Weather or not Bigfoot/Yeti is real. I myself lean towards yes, they are. Do I have any conclusive proof? No I do not.

My reasoning is that the story's of Bigfoot have been passed down from the First Nations and even into today there are reports of tall, hair covered, bi-pedal man like creatures being reported. From the first really good film evidence, the Patterson film in 1968, if you watch it closely, there is no way that somebody could have faked that creature when it was filmed. The only way to fake it would have been to use todays movie prop and creature making techniques and transport the costume into the past.

Now, I also believe that most, 85 percent, of the videos on youtube are generally bogus and that they show something but there is no way to tell what it is. The remaining 15 percent of the video, I believe, are real, and what I find interesting is that a lot of the 15 percent are just sound recordings. The sounds on a lot of those videos is of a creature that I have never heard before in my life. The sounds do sound like they can come from a human, but there is still something about them that is not quite human.

PJ1, you said that there is not a lot of nutrition for a large, bi-pedal creature in the area it is supposed to frequent. Since we really don't know what a Bigfoot is, we really don't know what it eats. I think it is an omnivore. I think it eats both plants and meat. Plus, most of the sighting are in the Pacific Northwest where there are plenty of old growth forest that have deer, elk, trout, salmon, and not to mention all of the plant life.

CSA, you brought up an excellent question about todays advanced electronics, and I agree with you on that but we are all photographers here and we understand the challenge it takes to photograph anything. I think if anybody really looked into the photos and videos that have been posted proclaiming the have Bigfoot in them, we would find that most of the photos and videos were taken with cheap point and shoot cameras with very little resolution and poor fixed lenses that have a focus range of 2 feet to 50 feet, and the user is somebody that is used to taking photos of there kids and fishing/hunting buddies.

Bringing up the subject of the photographers, lets add in the scared factor. Most of the people that report a sighting with or without a photo or video are generally scared out of there wits and the fight or flight factor has taken hold. In this situation, very few people will be able to hold a camera still to take a photo or video. Also, in not a single one has a tripod or a monopod been used.

Has any "professionals" went looking for Bigfoot? Yes, there are many "professional" Bigfoot hunters that go out in the woods and report a lot of sightings. A lot of those sighting though, happen after nightfall and I can bet that none of these people know that the newer DSLRs are getting better at shooting in no light and low light situations. But who is going to put a $6500 Nikon D5 and a prime lens strapped to a tree in the woods all night with a motion sensor to set it off and the ISO set to 1,000,000 or more. Not me. I don't have the money to take a chance of loosing a camera like that.

Now the question is, how many here would be willing to go sit in the woods to have a chance to be the first to photograph an unknown creature like Bigfoot?

Last edited by bigdavephoto; 04-27-2016 at 04:22 PM.
04-22-2016, 09:52 PM   #18
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
They are all fake.
Bunyips, Yowies and Drop Bears are real though.
04-22-2016, 11:02 PM   #19
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Sandy Hancock Quote
Bunyips, Yowies and Drop Bears are real though.
Along with Pentax pixies.....

---------- Post added 23-04-16 at 03:34 PM ----------

There are none in Australia, otherwise the Tax office would have found them or they would have applied for Social Security payments by now.

04-23-2016, 01:20 AM   #20
PJ1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by noelpolar Quote
There are none in Australia
Depends on where you do your grocery shopping.
04-23-2016, 01:56 AM   #21
Veteran Member

I want to say yes but like the tasmanian tiger they are gonsky
04-23-2016, 03:28 AM   #22
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by PJ1 Quote
Depends on where you do your grocery shopping.
Nah..... those would be on social security if they're shopping

Last edited by noelpolar; 04-23-2016 at 05:05 AM.
04-23-2016, 04:50 AM   #23
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Wild Mark Quote
I want to say yes but like the tasmanian tiger they are gonsky
Unlike the Thylacine, there has been no yeti, susquatch or yowie in zoos around the world. So, gone the Tasmanian Tiger might be, but the others probably never were.
04-23-2016, 04:51 AM   #24
Veteran Member

^ so you don't believe
04-23-2016, 04:54 AM   #25
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

You'd better believe it…
04-23-2016, 08:03 AM - 1 Like   #26
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

I voted yes. Partly on belief, partly on wishful thinking, and partly on evidence.
One thing I'm fairly certain of is that there are more unknowns in the world than there are knowns. On a "Knowledge of the Universe" scale of one to a million, we're still in the single digits.
04-23-2016, 08:04 AM   #27
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
One thing I'm fairly certain of is that there are more unknowns in the world than there are knowns. On a "Knowledge of the Universe" scale of one to a million, we're still in the single digits.
The companions of The Doctor might have reached double digits?
04-23-2016, 08:18 AM   #28
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

I heard a lady down in Austin has a two headed squirrel, but have been unable to confirm it.

There are some theories that the entire universe is just a hologram and not real. I try to imagine the jokester that would do that trick and can't wrap my tiny mind around the magnitude of intelligence it would require.

Have you ever thought of ants and how they see the world? Do they see the world? What do they see? Are we the ants of the universe? The world is a big place for ants.......but not as big as the universe is for humans. So many questions........

I'm gonna ask Mrs Rupert........she knows everything!

Regards!
04-23-2016, 07:56 PM   #29
Veteran Member

I am pretty certain they exist all over the US. Check out this site for a map of sightings and encounters in the US: Mangani's Bigfoot Maps

I have talked to several people who have had encounters but I myself have never seen one.

There are eyewitness reports of them hunting deer and hogs as well as fishing which means plenty of food available in many areas.

Bigdavephoto had a lot of good points.
04-24-2016, 05:55 AM - 1 Like   #30
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by bigdavephoto Quote
Now the question is, how many here would be willing to go sit in the woods to have a chance to be the first to photograph an unknown creature like Bigfoot?
Why sit in the woods when you can just go to Sturgis every summer and watch them ride in while you sip your favorite beer!

(Old biker joke)