Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
04-29-2016, 06:12 PM   #16
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Wild Mark Quote
It is not as if PF members are not cordial. It just ends without a satisfactory end point. Perhaps I am alone in this experience
I occasionally receive complaints of sellers failing to follow-up with potential buyers whom they chose not to do business with, as well as complaints that sellers arbitrarily choose a buyer. Unfortunately with the way classifieds work, this kind of behavior is inevitable. Thankfully, it's rare.

I always encourage sellers to remain courteous in their communication, never leaving loose ends.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
04-29-2016, 06:17 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Original Poster
All good and thanks for the conversation guys

Appreciate the feedback as the matter was starting to taint my PF experience. All good.

---------- Post added 04-30-16 at 11:18 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
I always encourage sellers to remain courteous in their communication, never leaving loose ends.
Aye and that is, in my opinion, a two way street.
04-30-2016, 04:19 PM   #18
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

All good and thanks for the conversation guys

Appreciate the feedback as the matter was starting to taint my PF experience. All good.

---------- Post added 04-30-16 at 11:18 AM ----------

Aye and that is, in my opinion, a two way street.
Hi Wild Mark,
I am a member of a camera collectors club here in Brisbane, and that is a problem here amongst the members where e-mails are ignored also or not replied to.
Obviously it is the nature of the beast, today.
Regards.
04-30-2016, 05:09 PM   #19
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by gordon_l34 Quote
Hi Wild Mark,
I am a member of a camera collectors club here in Brisbane, and that is a problem here amongst the members where e-mails are ignored also or not replied to.
Obviously it is the nature of the beast, today.
Regards.
Interesting. I think one of my experiences is with a member in your neck of the woods.

05-02-2016, 06:55 AM - 1 Like   #20
Pentaxian

I have always replied to a PM. Common courtesy. It may not have been immediately as there are occasions when I'm away from my computer and when I go on vacations, I also tend to take a vacation from online activity.

I know some people who are constantly connected and they don't understand folks who aren't. I have a smart phone but I don't turn it on unless I want to call someone or use it for something else and that seems to be source of annoyance to some. It doesn't work at home unless I go outside, it doesn't get a signal where I work either. If I have something to do on a given day, I may not check my emails or go on the forum. But I do reply, eventually.
05-02-2016, 05:01 PM   #21
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I think it reasonable to respond in a week or so (i.e. time including the passing of a weekend). But as you say people take holidays so even two weeks can be reasonable.

It is when you have absolutely no response and many weeks pass by is when it gets frustrating - especially if you have responded in the first instance within 24-48 hrs.
05-02-2016, 07:23 PM   #22
csa
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Another possibility for no response is perhaps they did not receive your e-mail, PM, for some reason. This happens. Some e-mails end up in a spam folder, etc.

05-03-2016, 07:42 AM   #23
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Wild Mark....I read your story and advise that you can PM me anytime day or night and I will be most happy to quickly respond! I may add an occasional "Rupert Type" story...or two..and my replies can get pretty long, but can usually be read in less than an hour. I have hundreds of them, so never run out of things to say......just drop me a line anytime you are feeling lonely and soon you will recognize that the old saying "the cure is worse than the curse" is absolute truth!

Best Regards!
05-03-2016, 08:17 AM   #24
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
I will be most happy to quickly respond!
Rest assured Wild Mark... squirrels will be mentioned.
05-03-2016, 08:43 AM   #25
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Kerrowdown Quote
Rest assured Wild Mark... squirrels will be mentioned.
Kerrowdown...what would make you think such a thing? However, if squirrels are involved, you know naked girls can't be far behind.......
05-03-2016, 08:52 AM   #26
Veteran Member

Original Poster
lol guys. You bring welcome levity to a frustration that has brewed in me for sometime.
05-03-2016, 08:53 AM   #27
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
what would make you think such a thing?
Hmmm not quite sure...
05-03-2016, 08:54 AM   #28
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

lol guys. You bring welcome levity to a frustration that has brewed in me for sometime.
Well at least I've helped to make one person smile today...

Last edited by Kerrowdown; 05-03-2016 at 09:27 AM.
05-03-2016, 09:03 AM   #29
Veteran Member

Maybe you have been "hanging" with the wrong crowd? If you get that Otis Appreciation Seal in your signature you will never be without trusted friends here, I guarantee! Try it for 30 days and see for yourself...it's free for your use as a valued Member and was designed by one of the best guys on this Great Forum. (Not me......I'm just a "Rupert Type"...and can't design but do have a big mouth if you ever want a PM reply...or wake up in the middle of the night and want to talk about squirrels! )

Best Regards!

---------- Post added 05-03-16 at 11:27 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Kerrowdown Quote
Well at least I've help to make one person smile today...
You're one of the "good guys" here. We have Good Guys, Bad Guys and an occasional "Rupert Type" that is more difficult to define. All in all it makes for a fun and interesting place, as well as informative and technically appealing to those of a more serious nature. Beats any other site I have found on the internet by miles!

BTW Kerrowdown, you'd look even more handsome with that Otis Seal in your signature!

Regards!
05-03-2016, 09:31 AM   #30
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

you'd look even more handsome with that Otis Seal in your signature!
Afraid not, there's a big campaign here to sling out the likes of Otis and all his other grey cousins in favour of the indigenous red variety...

Am I still one of the good guys?.