Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-15-2008, 10:01 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Ebay selling question

I posted a lens accessory on ebay yesterday and I posted used Buy Now to the priceing and a min. opening bid. someone started with a dollar more than the Min. I asked and the Buy Now dosen't show up now. This is only the second item I ever sold on fleabay and the other I didn't use the buy now feature.
Is it suppose to still be there?
And why is it so hard to post a item? I tryed to search on Google and it dosen't show up so did I do something wrong?
Thanks for any help you can give me.
Jack

07-15-2008, 10:10 AM   #2
Igilligan

I think that once the bidding starts

QuoteOriginally posted by Fl_Gulfer Quote
I posted a lens accessory on ebay yesterday and I posted used Buy Now to the priceing and a min. opening bid. someone started with a dollar more than the Min. I asked and the Buy Now dosen't show up now. This is only the second item I ever sold on fleabay and the other I didn't use the buy now feature.
And why is it so hard to post a item? I tryed to search on Google and it dosen't show up so did I do something wrong?
Jack

Jack, I think that once the bidding starts, the 'buy it now' option goes away.
07-15-2008, 10:14 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I think the default is that once the bidding starts, buy-it-now option disappears. However, I have seen it before that you can make the buy-it-now option stick - don't know how it is done though.
07-15-2008, 01:56 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I have never had this problem appear with selling. Aust ebay may be different I dont know.
I just wondered, is it any chance that if the bidding passes the 'buy now' figure the b'buy now' drops off? Just a thought.
But why would anybody bid higher than the 'buy now' anyway.
Maybe I am on the wrong track entirely.

07-15-2008, 02:19 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I read somewhere on ebay that as soon as someone bid the "buy it now" option goes away. That's also my experience with bidding on items with buy it now option.
07-15-2008, 02:29 PM   #6
Igilligan

QuoteOriginally posted by Bramela Quote
I have never had this problem appear with selling. Aust ebay may be different I dont know.
I just wondered, is it any chance that if the bidding passes the 'buy now' figure the b'buy now' drops off? Just a thought.
But why would anybody bid higher than the 'buy now' anyway.
Maybe I am on the wrong track entirely.
I think that is exactly the reason that the 'buy it now' drops off after the bidding starts. If you set the buy it now at $200 and a bidding war ensues... it probably would not go to much about the buy it now price.... but if that $200 (this is worth this much to me) price is gone.... the sky is the limit.
07-15-2008, 03:05 PM   #7
Ed in GA

QuoteOriginally posted by Fl_Gulfer Quote
Jack
If you list an item with a BIN along with a minimum starting bid, the BIN option will go away once the first bid has been placed.

Except..... If you item has a reserve price.

If it does, the BIN will remain until bidding reaches the reserve price.

Hope that helped.

Ed
07-16-2008, 03:02 PM   #8

I recently had my first selling experience with e-bay and the guidlines stated that the" buy it now" option can't be selected until the seller has at least 10 positive feedback points. Since it was my first time as a seller, I was prohibited from offering a "buy it now" option.