Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
06-15-2016, 12:31 PM - 1 Like   #1

Photos: Gallery
MTS* advert (using Pentax)

It caught my eye, even though I am usually semi-blind/deaf to advertizing on TV. The author of the clip could use any other brand, but what surprised me totally was the appearance of Pentax (especially having in mind that Pentax has no official representative/dealers/support in Serbia!)... It's really just for a part of a second, but enough for a trained eye to spot it

Not sure there's any sense of adding the youtube link (will add or send on request), but made a snapshot... The whole advert is built around "square" stuff as "squareing things" in Serbian has a sort of meaning (roughly translated) that it's all in order or if you wish, "as you want it to be"... Thought it's a nice touch...

(*MTS is short for a Serbian Mobile phone company.)

Attached Images

Last edited by stein; 06-15-2016 at 12:32 PM. Reason: spelling
06-15-2016, 01:14 PM   #2
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Now you have me wanting to watch the video just to see what lens is REALLY on the LX behind the square shade.

Steve
06-15-2016, 03:13 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I remember how small full frame 35mm SLR's were. I miss that. My 50mm f1.4 SMC M lens looks like a pancake lens on my K1.
06-15-2016, 03:37 PM   #4
PJ1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
what lens is REALLY on the LX behind the square shade

It's a DAL - obviously the new kit lens being assembled in Serbia.

06-15-2016, 09:30 PM   #5

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
Now you have me wanting to watch the video just to see what lens is REALLY on the LX behind the square shade.

Steve
I'd say it's some sort of "M" labeled lens, 1:1.7, as much as I can see. Everything else is hidden behind the attached square. What doesn't fit into my assumption (that it's a Pentax lens) is the black labeling on a silver/gray background. All the smc Pentax lenses I saw so far have white letters on black background. That means four editions of 50mm lenses as there seems to be no other focal length (Pentax) lens with F1.7...
It was an odd moment when I started thinking why the heck they picked Pentax when it's really rare and hard to find while one can buy a Sony, Canon or Nikon in any shop, even shops where you wouldn't expect to find a camera at all... Later, figured that maybe some of the people who made the video had one at home, gathering dust with all the other old things that were saved as reminders of good old days... For those with more patience or just curious, the
06-16-2016, 08:46 AM   #6
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by stein Quote
I'd say it's some sort of "M" labeled lens, 1:1.7, as much as I can see. Everything else is hidden behind the attached square. What doesn't fit into my assumption (that it's a Pentax lens) is the black labeling on a silver/gray background. All the smc Pentax lenses I saw so far have white letters on black background. That means four editions of 50mm lenses as there seems to be no other focal length (Pentax) lens with F1.7...
It was an odd moment when I started thinking why the heck they picked Pentax when it's really rare and hard to find while one can buy a Sony, Canon or Nikon in any shop, even shops where you wouldn't expect to find a camera at all... Later, figured that maybe some of the people who made the video had one at home, gathering dust with all the other old things that were saved as reminders of good old days... For those with more patience or just curious, the link to the video
Cool Ad! Mystery lens!

Steve