Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
06-28-2016, 04:28 AM - 1 Like   #31
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Schraubstock Quote
Edge has no way to set privacy nor security settings, no way to turn on or off cookies for example.
?

http://www.thewindowsclub.com/privacy-settings-microsoft-edge-browser

Look, I really think you're up against it in 2016, Schraubstock.

Don't use a phone. They track usage the way they found the guy this year in Germany was doing something with a game when he was on a shift and two trains crashed headon into each other.

Don't step outside. CCTV footage got Jill Meagher's killer.

Don't use a computer. Your traffic will be harvested by the NSA amongst others and passed on to Australian authorities if relevant. Encrypt your data and expect to go on a list.

Any email or social networking service isn't the product if it's free ... *you* are the product they shop around behind the scenes.

Micro$oft once let Google and Apple aggregate all their customer data (see 'Scroogle' campaign), they do it too, now ... they just purchased LinkedIn to get more of it.

You can engage with everyone or live in a little shack in the countryside, the options are narrowing.

06-28-2016, 05:40 AM   #32
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by clackers Quote
Don't use a phone. They track usage the way they found the guy this year in Germany
Thanks for your reply.

To track someone to solve a crime and the harvesting of data to enable someone to make money from it are two different things entirely. Me thinks.

But maybe I should just leave my front door open when I go out in the knowledge that theft cannot be stopped so I might as well get on with my life and make it easy for those who are interested in my stuff.

Or perhaps, without objections, let my house maintenance company "Mikky Hard" change or remove bit by bit all my security devices so they can take from me things unnoticed and sell it because it is easier money for them then actually maintaining my house.

And the fact that now when you get an invitation to update to Win 10 and you press the well understood right hand top corner "X" which has always been terminating the screen or stop a process is now changing your computer OS to Win 10 without you knowing it should be an indication of Microsoft's underhanded philosophy. Not confidence instilling, is it.

As to EDGE, (your link) trust me I know about it and I have all turned off in my new Surface Pro 4 but you know what ? I still get cookies stored in EDGE even though it is off.

Cheers

P.S.
Little Johnny has Abama on the phone:
(Don't ask me who is Johnny and how, but he has)

Johnny:
Mr Obama, is it true when my dad speaks on the phone you can listen in and hear what he says;
Obama:
Johnny, it is not your father !
06-28-2016, 06:17 AM   #33
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by MarkJerling Quote
I don't care for social media much. Except that facebook is useful for people like me with family on different continents and friends on almost every continent. I get to see my friends kids and day to day things, and that is rather nice.
Me? I couldn't care less about what my relatives and others are doing day to day.
06-28-2016, 06:47 AM   #34
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by p38arover Quote
Me? I couldn't care less about what my relatives and others are doing day to day.
That's me, I get more joy through personal social contact which I maintain. And when I travel, which I do a lot, an occasional skype call for a few minutes from time to time is all that is needed. Incessant blow by blow account forwarding to ones mates and family of everything that happens during the day is like chewing gum for the brain.

German Company Installs Lights Along Curbs For Pedestrians Glued To Their Phones

06-29-2016, 05:09 AM   #35
Veteran Member

I use a very old social networking facility - a telephone. I'd rather talk than type.
06-29-2016, 05:20 AM   #36
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by p38arover Quote
I use a very old social networking facility - a telephone. I'd rather talk than type.
Same. But I have several friends who no longer have a phone - they communicate only via computer (skype usually). And, to make matters worse most of my family are in very different time zones. So, staying in touch with Facebook is much more convenient for me than phoning. Right now it's 00h20 by me, 22h20 in Melbourne or Sydney, 14h20 in Cape Town, 08h20 (yesterday) in Toledo, Ohio, and 05h20 (yesterday) in LA.
06-30-2016, 06:32 PM   #37
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Schraubstock Quote
As to EDGE, (your link) trust me I know about it and I have all turned off in my new Surface Pro 4 but you know what ? I still get cookies stored in EDGE even though it is off.

What's your methodology, Schraubstock?

I've got access to plenty of devices to test it on.