Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-29-2016, 10:22 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
No new camera in my future, car accidents suck,

just minor damage to both mine ( fender, light,etc) and their car, but is my fault, I'm freaking out as always, I don't handle stuff well. no injuries, but my dunno what this'll cost me, especially for my car, coopers are ungodly expensive for parts/repairs... ugh insurane yes but doesn't do anything to calm me down......

06-30-2016, 01:53 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Ah, that sucks big time!
06-30-2016, 01:54 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

You need a Landrover. The last time I backed up over someone's car, it did not even make a mark on mine.
06-30-2016, 02:04 AM   #4
Closed Account

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by MarkJerling Quote
You need a Landrover. The last time I backed up over someone's car, it did not even make a mark on mine.

NOTE TO SELF - Keep Mark behind you. Behind !!!

06-30-2016, 02:05 AM   #5
Veteran Member

As long as you're OK, Erikka. That's the important thing.

Been there, done that.
06-30-2016, 02:13 AM - 1 Like   #6
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by p38arover Quote

Been there, done that.
thanks, yeah just a weird dumb mistake on my part, but like my best friend told me, it's just a car, no-one is hurt and that's what matters, everything else can be replaced....
06-30-2016, 02:43 AM   #7
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by p38arover Quote
Been there, done that.
You too! LOL. I've done it twice now. Once, someone stopped behind me as I was backing out of my parking at work, the other time a loaner car dropped off in my driveway. I had no idea the little thing was there!

06-30-2016, 02:43 AM   #8
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Erikka Quote
thanks, yeah just a weird dumb mistake on my part, but like my best friend told me, it's just a car, no-one is hurt and that's what matters, everything else can be replaced....
Too right!
06-30-2016, 06:17 AM   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

So, you're having to give up plans to get a new camera because of the financial hit from the accident? Is there some kind of photo project (without that new camera) that you can take on to ease your mind? A new challenge for the old camera, perhaps with a new, but bargain priced lens or accessory you can afford?
06-30-2016, 07:15 AM   #10
Pentaxian

just minor damage to both mine ( fender, light,etc) and their car, but is my fault, I'm freaking out as always, I don't handle stuff well. no injuries, but my dunno what this'll cost me, especially for my car, coopers are ungodly expensive for parts/repairs... ugh insurane yes but doesn't do anything to calm me down......
If you're insured, the financial hit shouldn't be too bad. You will have to pay your deductibles and if the collision was ruled your fault, your insurance will probably go up next year. The most important thing is nobody got hurt. Find a body shop that will work with you on the deductible.
06-30-2016, 07:33 AM   #11
Veteran Member

Hope everything works out fine

You need a Landrover.
Landies are cool (especially the 101 FC) but you might have more chance of running over the other car in a Unimog.
06-30-2016, 07:51 AM   #12
csa
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

This is what is important Erikka! So sorry it happened, but like they say accidents do happen; so hopefully your insurance company will treat you well!
06-30-2016, 07:54 AM   #13
csa
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by bertwert Quote
Hope everything works out fine

Landies are cool (especially the 101 FC) but you might have more chance of running over the other car in a Unimog.
About the only thing on the US highways that could run over my '87 (built like a tank) Suburban, is a semi! No plastic on this rig, all solid metal!
06-30-2016, 08:25 AM   #14
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

My dad used to praise his1930-something Hudson. He was in a collision at an intersection once, and all that had to be repaired/replaced was one broken bumper bolt.

But, Erikka, go easy on yourself. Trouble with cars is just part of the normal crap of life -- if it's not one thing with them, it's something else. But it will pass. Let your mind focus on other things, and not more than necessary on suffering through this hassle. If you tell yourself that the situation is worse than it really is, there is a risk you'll believe it. And try to let go of replaying in your mind what you should have done differently -- as an old friend of mine used to say: "Don't should on yourself."
06-30-2016, 10:23 AM   #15
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by goatsNdonkey Quote
My dad used to praise his1930-something Hudson. He was in a collision at an intersection once, and all that had to be repaired/replaced was one broken bumper bolt.

But, Erikka, go easy on yourself. Trouble with cars is just part of the normal crap of life -- if it's not one thing with them, it's something else. But it will pass. Let your mind focus on other things, and not more than necessary on suffering through this hassle. If you tell yourself that the situation is worse than it really is, there is a risk you'll believe it. And try to let go of replaying in your mind what you should have done differently -- as an old friend of mine used to say: "Don't should on yourself."
true, I always tend to stress myself out till I have a nervous collpase, have since childhood but am doing my best

---------- Post added 06-30-16 at 10:27 AM ----------

So, you're having to give up plans to get a new camera because of the financial hit from the accident? Is there some kind of photo project (without that new camera) that you can take on to ease your mind? A new challenge for the old camera, perhaps with a new, but bargain priced lens or accessory you can afford?
well in a sense, at least delayed somewhat, I still have my cranky old tank of a K200D so will be good for awhile

---------- Post added 06-30-16 at 10:55 AM ----------

maybe I can put my mind to work and somehow figure out how to take an image that captures the feeling i have when listen to a fav song of mine, have wanted to work on that for ages but always came up blank heh, this is the audio

the spoken word part which begins at 2:15 just gives me goosebumps heh, wanna try and capture that somehow