Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 14 Likes Search this Thread
07-20-2016, 01:36 AM   #76
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
They say you are only as old as the woman you feel......
Fixed it for you Jim.

07-20-2016, 02:50 AM   #77
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
If I need some new clothes I go in the most convenient shop and buy the first thing that more or less meets my needs - as long as it fits and I can afford it it will do - so my clothing style is basically whatever is nearest to the shop door
07-20-2016, 05:34 AM - 1 Like   #78
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

QuoteOriginally posted by p38arover Quote
They say you are only as old as the woman you feel......
Fixed it for you Jim.
That's classic! ....and oh so true! And the age of the woman you feel is only related to the thickness of your wallet!
07-20-2016, 05:47 AM   #79
Veteran Member

My wallet is very thin - I own a Range Rover, a Subaru Forester Turbo, and a motor bike. Plus a daughter who has just finished Med School!

---------- Post added 20th Jul 2016 at 23:00 ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by mohb Quote
If I need some new clothes I go in the most convenient shop and buy the first thing that more or less meets my needs - as long as it fits and I can afford it it will do - so my clothing style is basically whatever is nearest to the shop door
My wife usually goes out and buys my shirts because she knows I hate shopping for clothes and will wear what I have until they are worn out when they become workshop shirts. Eventually, when they are falling apart, they become rags - that might take many years (Mum has been dead 15 years and I'm still wearing a T-shirt I bought several years before that - I know because I bought it when visiting her interstate). I hate spending money on clothes. When I do go to the men's wear store, I buy a batch of shorts of all the same style but in the three different colours they make. When the elastic gets a bit soft and the shorts have faded, they become "at home shorts". New ones are dress shorts.

My wife throws out my old clothes when I'm not home else I'll retrieve them.

At my daughter's recent graduation as a doctor, she said she'd like to replicate the photo of her and us taken at her high school graduation. Noting that was some time back as she'd already been to university and earned a Bachelor of Nursing then worked as an RN for some years before starting back at uni doing medicine.... I was able to oblige by wearing the same shirt as worn at the high school graduation. I still had the pants but they wouldn't fit.

Last edited by p38arover; 07-28-2016 at 11:50 PM. Reason: spelling - flamin' autocorrect!
07-20-2016, 06:00 AM - 1 Like   #80
Veteran Member

My wallet is very thin - I own a Range Rover, a Subaru Forester Turbo, and a motor bike. Plus a daughter who has just finished Med School!
My wallet is often thin too.....from buying chocolates for my even dozen Chocolate Girlfriends......and I can tell you, most days I "feel" pretty damn good!
07-20-2016, 06:36 AM   #81
Veteran Member

Jim, do you buy good chocolate or that awful Hershey stuff? My wife is Swiss so her tastes are what have shaped mine - I now prefer Swiss chocolate to Cadbury or Nestle.
07-20-2016, 06:56 AM   #82
csa
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
Yep, and I was one of the oldest here.
Move over, I think I'm older than you are!

07-20-2016, 08:51 AM - 1 Like   #83
Veteran Member

Jim, do you buy good chocolate or that awful Hershey stuff?
Hershey never touches their lips...I only buy the finest Swiss and German chocolates for my girls....and believe me, it makes them "feel" so much better!
07-31-2016, 11:19 AM - 1 Like   #84
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Erikka Quote
describe or explain your own "personal" style or look
Anti style or functional.

At my age what others think or don't about my personal appearance is a matter of complete indifference except for my better half of 52 years.
Anything that pleases Her pleases me.

Last edited by wildman; 07-31-2016 at 11:27 AM.