Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 14 Likes Search this Thread
07-03-2016, 02:01 PM - 1 Like   #61
Veteran Member

Reading all the comments in this thread make me wonder the average age of the PF members.... also make me believe if Ricoh dont succed in bring younger gens in their user base in a few years maybe all pentaxians die by age....

07-03-2016, 02:11 PM   #62
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by virusn3t Quote
Reading all the comments in this thread make me wonder the average age of the PF members.... also make me believe if Ricoh dont succed in bring younger gens in their user base in a few years maybe all pentaxians die by age....
interesting observation, there may be a bit of a generational thing here as well because of the long Pentax history with film, so some people may have just stuck with what they know when moving over to digital?
07-03-2016, 02:19 PM   #63
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by p38arover Quote
* We spell it with an "e", not "a".
Grammar nazi detected

---------- Post added 07-03-16 at 02:21 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Erikka Quote
so some people may have just stuck with what they know when moving over to digital?
Not me, I moved to Pentax from Canon.
07-03-2016, 02:31 PM   #64
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by micromacro Quote
Grammar nazi detected [COLOR="Silver"]
On one forum I frequent, under my name, the forum Admins have added "Spelling Bee Captain".

07-03-2016, 02:34 PM - 1 Like   #65
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by severalsnakes Quote
Oh man, I can only hope that I get beautiful silver hair like my mother's mother. You guys are making me nervous about potential outcomes! (I keep looking for my first gray hair, but so far all I've got are a few "young" wrinkles and a single unfeminine chin hair...) x_x
Maybe at some point I'll go to a beautician and ask her to dye my hair an 18% grey?
07-03-2016, 02:39 PM   #66
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by sherrvonne Quote
Maybe at some point I'll go to a beautician and ask her to dye my hair an 18% grey?
*face palm* hahahahah
07-03-2016, 03:12 PM   #67
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Erikka Quote
interesting observation, there may be a bit of a generational thing here as well because of the long Pentax history with film, so some people may have just stuck with what they know when moving over to digital?
Im shure it is, its just, i mean; i dont care style, sweat pants, shorts, pepper@salt hair, dye hair, etc... I mean, im not at child at 26, but you make me feel like a kid here

07-03-2016, 04:09 PM   #68
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by virusn3t Quote
We did this a couple months ago:
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/14-general-talk/313450-how-old-you-poll.html

QuoteOriginally posted by p38arover Quote
On one forum I frequent, under my name, the forum Admins have added "Spelling Bee Captain".
07-03-2016, 05:05 PM   #69
Veteran Member

I wore suit & tie for all of my career, but as I'm now retired, I stay in shorts/t shirts from mid March till late Oct or so. I do shave every day except Sat/Sun because I keep my 10 month old grandson M-F and he likes to snuggle. Keeping him is he best job I've ever had.
07-03-2016, 05:59 PM   #70
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Cargo shorts, t-shirts during the summer, jeans and sweatshirt during the winter. I have 20 years until retirement, but I do get to wear jeans and polo shirts at work. I also wear steel toe boots at work, so my weekend shoes are Keen sandles(no socks ) or any lightweight shoes.

As for the hair color, 38% gray 52% black, and 10% missing.
07-04-2016, 08:06 AM   #71
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by bertwert Quote
Interesting... it seem that (at least in this forum) most pentaxians have above 45 years, that mean, most were born by the 70s", time when Pentax was the strong brand.... 10 members below 25 could mean the fight against the Canikony marketing is beign lost, but very few still come to Pentax....

More on topic, in work i use jeans, t-shirt and work boots (that i replace with treking boots without any metal), everyday i use jeans, only when im the gym/dojo i use shorts or when im required suit.
07-10-2016, 02:04 PM   #72
Pentaxian

Shorts, jeans, whatever the weather calls for... Civil service computer job, so no public interaction-just look decent. Casual casual casual is my style. Dressing up is something I do when required, not by choice!
07-11-2016, 07:56 AM   #73
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Usually a pair of black jeans. Simply because I did field service and I wanted to look somewhat more professional than blue jeans So I have several of them. They could take the abuse and usually don't snag and tear like knit pants and shirts tend to. I also wore short sleeve dress shirts. Log sleeves tended to tear or get caught in the equipment. I recently retired so I continue to wear them. No shorts. Never really cared for them. Usually shoes. No sandals and certainly not those god awful flip flops. I do have hiking boots etc. too.
07-11-2016, 08:03 AM   #74
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

QuoteOriginally posted by bertwert Quote
We did this a couple months ago:
How old are you? (POLL)
Yep, and I was one of the oldest here. They say you are only as old as you feel......Not true! If it was then I died about 10 years ago.

Regards!
07-11-2016, 09:50 AM   #75
Pentaxian

My personal style ? Like another poster for decades, due to career, I wore a suit and a tie...also a shirt ....usually button down, oxford. But since I've retired, my work clothes sit quietly, unobtrusively in their section of our clothes closet...yearning to get out again in the light of day...to have once again....purpose.

But if I have anything to with it, they will not have that opportunity.

As a retired guy, I wear Cabela's relaxed fit jeans, Mr. Big + Tall (I'm a big guy) T-Shirts and Golf shirts , broad brimmed hats (sun), good quality supportive, walking shoes.

In our cold, long winters I have a selection of warm jackets, coats, Canadian made Raber Mitts (warmest mitt you will ever find), winter hiking boots and for those extra cold days, a Mountie style trapper hat.

I'm comfortable in this garb.

Last edited by lesmore49; 07-11-2016 at 09:56 AM.