Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 12 Likes Search this Thread
07-16-2016, 07:52 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
Perhaps, but only because of this:

hahaha, I don't even like the smell of it, that is when I can actually smell anything which is 2-3 times a year

07-16-2016, 09:31 AM   #17
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by p38arover Quote
We should get together, Erikka!
Stay away form that guy Erikka...he is weird in the weirdest sort of way. What you really need is a older guy...with lots of cash....and a tried and true record as a "Rupert Type". Mrs Rupert works days and I am available most of the time...excepting when I am out delivering chocolates to my many Chocolate Girlfriends.......I assume you do like chocolate?......if not then you are too strange even for a "Rupert Type"!!!

Regards!

BTW- I am not into any sort of deviant behavior like p38arover who walks around naked while camping in the outback. I always stay full clothed in my farm pants, farm hat, and farm boots. If you are some kind of romantic enthusiast, count me out......I got over that stuff years ago.....Mrs Rupert can verify it.
07-16-2016, 09:45 AM   #18
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
Stay away form that guy Erikka...he is weird in the weirdest sort of way. What you really need is a older guy...with lots of cash....and a tried and true record as a "Rupert Type". Mrs Rupert works days and I am available most of the time...excepting when I am out delivering chocolates to my many Chocolate Girlfriends.......I assume you do like chocolate?......if not then you are too strange even for a "Rupert Type"!!!

Regards!

BTW- I am not into any sort of deviant behavior like p38arover who walks around naked while camping in the outback. I always stay full clothed in my farm pants, farm hat, and farm boots. If you are some kind of romantic enthusiast, count me out......I got over that stuff years ago.....Mrs Rupert can verify it.
hahahahaha! yeah I do like chocolate, Dark is my fav by far.. However I have a unique trait where I can have a tiny piece, then go for a year without any and never miss it. Same for ice cream, etc , anything really
07-16-2016, 10:02 AM   #19
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Erikka Quote
However I have a unique trait where I can have a tiny piece, then go for a year without any and never miss it. Same for ice cream, etc , anything really
Same here! Looks like we are made for each other! I also assume you don't find p38arover to be enticing...... walking around in the outback in the brush and briars, snakes and wild dingo dogs buck naked as "your kind of guy"?

I can check with Mrs Rupert for her approval.....my bet is she will be thrilled at getting rid of a "Rupert Type". After all, I've heard her say "enough is enough and 50 years is too much!"

We can talk about squirrels...you do love squirrels ...right?

I'm also not much of a drinker...but the squirrels are.....they don't have my high standards.

A little too many beers on a hot day?

Regards!

07-16-2016, 10:20 AM   #20
Pentaxian

Heh - you're no more (or less) weird than the rest of us! You fit right in... ��

Jim
07-16-2016, 11:30 AM   #21
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Same here! Looks like we are made for each other! I also assume you don't find p38arover to be enticing...... walking around in the outback in the brush and briars, snakes and wild dingo dogs buck naked as "your kind of guy"?

I can check with Mrs Rupert for her approval.....my bet is she will be thrilled at getting rid of a "Rupert Type". After all, I've heard her say "enough is enough and 50 years is too much!"

We can talk about squirrels...you do love squirrels ...right?

I'm also not much of a drinker...but the squirrels are.....they don't have my high standards.

A little too many beers on a hot day?

Regards!
wow, I've evolved into a PentaxForums home wrecker hahahahahaha!
07-16-2016, 11:36 AM   #22
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Yep, will def look into that style, Any particular recommendations? As a side note, though I've never really gotten into classical music I recently came across some that has somewhat interested me, Richard Wagner, now excuse this description of it but it seems a bit moodier or heavier? than what I usually thought of for classical music..

Back in the day, early 70's I used to go on Pub crawls with 3 or 4 mates in a Triumph Herald 1360 convertible (very small car for 5 big blokes so it generally had it's top down and 3 of them sat on the boot with their feet on the seats) singing along to David Bowie's Ziggy stardust album at the top of our voices. Had plenty of odd looks but no Police interest thankfully.
(The car was pre-cassette player but I had wired in a battery Blaupunkt that sat nicely in the glovebox.)
Driving around Oxford, (Pub crawls again, in 1971) 6 of us in an Austin A30 (even smaller car) singing "On Ilkly moor bah tat" We took turns to have little Carolyn sat on our laps. Except the driver of course. Sometimes we might have a bit of Thin Lizzy "The boys are back in town or Whiskey in the Jar"
That's not at all weird.

Having a mix tape with Beethoven's Ode to joy on it and singing along in german....when I was on my own......getting there maybe.

Wagner!!! Well even I had to draw the line somewhere.

ps You might need to be an Anglophile to recognise most of the references, and old.

Last edited by Skodadriver; 07-16-2016 at 11:38 AM. Reason: Added a ps
07-16-2016, 12:21 PM - 1 Like   #23
Pentaxian

The world's cure for every deficiency, drink more coffee.

QuoteQuote:
I am normal. everybody else is weird
Or to quote the Quaker version...

All the world is queer except for me and thee... and sometimes I wonder about thee.
07-16-2016, 12:45 PM   #24
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I'm different, too.

Like oatmeal, or sawdust. Eggshell paint. A 4-door Sedan.

Fast food. Any restaurant food.

Excelsior in a special packing box.

Weird is so much more . . . interesting

Last edited by monochrome; 07-16-2016 at 05:26 PM.
07-16-2016, 12:53 PM   #25
Veteran Member

wow, I've evolved into a PentaxForums home wrecker hahahahahaha!
Mrs Rupert will be forever grateful!
07-16-2016, 04:32 PM - 2 Likes   #26
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

We're all a bit weird -er- different here. Otherwise we'd all be Canonikon users...

Chris
07-16-2016, 05:23 PM   #27
Veteran Member

Oi! I was here first!

Erikka, don't listen to someone with a squirrel fetish. You know that won't apply to me as we don't have squirrels in Australia.

I like high heels (on women) but my wife won't wear them - something about falling over.

Do you like riding on the back of motorbikes?
07-16-2016, 05:51 PM   #28
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by p38arover Quote
Oi! I was here first!

Erikka, don't listen to someone with a squirrel fetish. You know that won't apply to me as we don't have squirrels in Australia.

I like high heels (on women) but my wife won't wear them - something about falling over.

Do you like riding on the back of motorbikes?
hahaha squirrel fetish.... Oh come on now, tell yer wife there's no fear of falling and yeah I love bikes, grew up around them and am a decnt rider in my own right as well.
07-16-2016, 06:00 PM   #29
Veteran Member

yep, hot chocolate or tea, etc I dunno why I'm like this but, I prefer looking at and touching old things, something as mundane as an old mailbox,or an antique dress form, or medical instrument, etc, If they could talk and tell me their stories, places they've been, things they've seen, etc that's what I love, things that were handmade by a skilled craftsman and no two alike, things that will be there long after the mass produced cheap junk has long rotted away at the bottom of a landfill. I guess I just have an old soul in many ways heh

---------- Post added 07-16-16 at 01:53 AM ----------

that's true, but I also appreciate the fact it at least has some redeeming qualities to it not to mention some great people .....

I would love to see your interpretation of the world through your lens! BTW I am a blackberry fan
my kids call me weird all the time LOL

Randy
07-16-2016, 06:47 PM - 1 Like   #30
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by slip Quote
I would love to see your interpretation of the world through your lens! BTW I am a blackberry fan
my kids call me weird all the time LOL

Randy
Which reminds me of a brief discussion I had with my then 12 year old daughter, which wasn't going my way. Finally I just said " If you don't rethink this I'm going to have to dress up in Hari Krishna Robes shave my head come to your school and tell everyone I'm your dad." I know how to strike fear into a 12 year old girls heart.

All the sudden she learned to use the word "please" in a sentence as is "please, please don't do that daddy." It seem to be an instant behaviour modifier.