Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-20-2016, 07:37 PM   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
I gave you a Like for that. I would have given you two if the system would let me.
LOL! thanks... to me that was the most evident answer! :LOL:

07-21-2016, 07:54 PM   #17
Pentaxian

Oh, noooo, not here!
07-21-2016, 08:20 PM - 1 Like   #18
Veteran Member

There's no escape!

I think we're trapped in Act 1 of a Dr Who episode, soon to end in the reveal that Pokemon Go is a Cyberman plot to monitor, manipulate, and eventually dominate humanity.
07-21-2016, 09:08 PM   #19
Pentaxian

Too bad I can't unfriend anybody here who once again says "pokemon"

Last edited by photolady95; 07-22-2016 at 06:19 AM. Reason: the word is "once" not ones.
07-21-2016, 09:47 PM   #20
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by gaweidert Quote
It's fun until someone puts a whatever they are called in your back yard as happened to one of my son's.
You can go at the webpage of the developers (i forget the name) and ask them to remove it.

07-22-2016, 01:31 AM   #21
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by virusn3t Quote
You can go at the webpage of the developers (i forget the name) and ask them to remove it.
That's really going to help the little old ladies/gents who live on their own and have no clue about such things!
07-22-2016, 06:21 AM   #22
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by timb64 Quote
That's really going to help the little old ladies/gents
You need to watch what you say here. FYI, I'm a little old lady who lives on her own........but the difference is, I know what Pokemon Go is. LOL

07-22-2016, 06:24 AM   #23
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by photolady95 Quote
You need to watch what you say here. FYI, I'm a little old lady who lives on her own........but the difference is, I know what Pokemon Go is. LOL
I pity the Pokemon Go fan that trespasses on your property!!

Last edited by BigMackCam; 07-22-2016 at 06:44 AM.
07-22-2016, 06:30 AM   #24
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by BigMackCam Quote
I pity the Pokemon Go fan that trespasses on your property, photolady!!
A friend at college once told me "you're not big enough (5'2") to hurt anyone, but you're mean enough to!" So, yeah, you better have a real good reason to be on my property.
07-22-2016, 06:47 AM   #25
csa
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Here's a second little old lady who lives on her own.............and yes, I know what Pokemon Go is...............silly, disruptive, and even dangerous.

Again same as Photolady, anyone trespassing on my property better have a very good reason, or the next thing they'll see is flashing lights, and not from their Pokemon Go.

07-22-2016, 07:22 AM   #26
Pentaxian

No offence intended,I work voluntarily with older people and I am aware many are technically switched on,but an awful lot are also phobic about such things and the sort of behaviour this new fad leads to is beyond their ken and worrying to them.
07-22-2016, 07:26 AM   #27
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by timb64 Quote
but an awful lot are also phobic about such things and the sort of behaviour this new fad leads to is beyond their ken and worrying to them.
Yep, I understand that too. I have family that never got into the technical age like I did. I build and repair computers plus I moderate on a few computer forums. I just got interested in computers after I left home and never got out of the interest in them.
07-22-2016, 08:36 AM - 1 Like   #28
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

To sort of give an answer to the OP, I'm thinking a GR is the thing. Small, light, easy to operate with one hand (since the other one is busy Poking (hah!) your phone around).

No, I don't play this game - tried it, and it doesn't suit me - but I do play Ingress. I find it a good way to explore the city.

07-22-2016, 09:24 PM   #29
mee
Veteran Member

The game itself has a camera feature built in.. and it seems wherever the rear camera on your phone was facing when you tap on a creature in game, is where it will be when you take the photo. Therefore, you could get creative with it. I took a photo of one in my freezer for instance.. a blue one. He was cold.
07-22-2016, 09:39 PM   #30
Veteran Member

Stop talking about pokemon that way, it was part of my childhood :v

I was a happy boy with the gameboy brick from my brother and i have my pokemon blue edition, almost a pack of 4AA batteries every 2 days!!!

I play pokemon go, but im not actively searching for these things, when im bored i play a little, but thats all, as people dont bother me, they can be wathever they want.

Ps. I have see, some groceries stores from here put several stops in their ratio to attract players, they come in numbers last time i count 26 people, the stores around seem busy selling a lot of water, soda, snacks at stuff, i think if you can take advantage of the game it can be "fun"