Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 20 Likes Search this Thread
07-18-2016, 10:16 AM   #1
Banned

Photos: Gallery
Pokémon Go

What would be the best way to take images from Pokémon when on the go? I just started......

07-18-2016, 10:23 AM - 4 Likes   #2
Pentaxian

stand on a railway track
07-18-2016, 10:36 AM   #3
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by RonHendriks1966 Quote
What would be the best way to take images from Pokémon when on the go? I just started......
Screenshots you mean? Most phones have a screenshot feature that can be accessed at any time. On an iphone you press the home and the lock button simultaneously. On many android devices, you swipe the edge of your hand from vertically across the screen.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
07-18-2016, 10:42 AM   #4
Banned

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Screenshots you mean? Most phones have a screenshot feature that can be accessed at any time. On an iphone you press the home and the lock button simultaneously. On many android devices, you swipe the edge of your hand from vertically across the screen.
So Pentax forget to build in this future into the K-1? Is the K-70 maybe more modern?

07-18-2016, 01:05 PM   #5
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

I think you need to wait for the yet-to-be-released kPhone, Ron...
07-18-2016, 01:41 PM   #6
Banned

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by BigMackCam Quote
I think you need to wait for the yet-to-be-released kPhone, Ron...
Yeah, but soon hundreds of million of people are running around the globe making images of Pokémon and posting them on social media.......and they never ever going to need an old fashion camera in their life.......

A kPhone would be cool.
07-18-2016, 02:01 PM   #7
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

Yeah, but soon hundreds of million of people are running around the globe making images of Pokémon and posting them on social media.......and they never ever going to need an old fashion camera in their life.......
I think our hobby will survive just fine without them - we're mutually exclusive groups, mostly, with different photographic needs. The small sub-group with an interest in both pursuits will be happy enough to buy equipment that suits each purpose individually

07-18-2016, 02:18 PM - 1 Like   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I just don't get why anyone would be interested in this Pokey thingy (but then I'm a certified old fart--just ask my daughter.)
07-18-2016, 04:02 PM   #9
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by dadipentak Quote
I just don't get why anyone would be interested in this Pokey thingy (but then I'm a certified old fart--just ask my daughter.)
It's an interactive treasure hunt game. Although not my flavor, I can appreciate the appeal. Like birding for some, trainspotting for others.
07-18-2016, 05:22 PM   #10
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by dadipentak Quote
Sort a like GPS or geocaching. I don't understand it either and trying to figure out how to download and play with my daughter. It's good opportunity to teach awareness and how to be safe on the internet/social media. But my daughter is young. Usually if something is this popular I run in the other direction.
07-18-2016, 05:49 PM   #11
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

It's fun until someone puts a whatever they are called in your back yard as happened to one of my son's.
07-18-2016, 07:50 PM   #12
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by gaweidert Quote
It's fun until someone puts a whatever they are called in your back yard as happened to one of my son's.
Yeah, property rights, privacy, and common sense/decency trump any game play.
07-18-2016, 11:07 PM   #13
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
So Pentax forget to build in this future into the K-1? Is the K-70 maybe more modern?

Not sure what feature you're referring to!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
07-18-2016, 11:48 PM - 11 Likes   #14
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The Screenshot function on DSLR is called : "Shutter release button"

07-19-2016, 04:17 PM - 2 Likes   #15
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Weevil Quote
The Screenshot function on DSLR is called : "Shutter release button"

I gave you a Like for that. I would have given you two if the system would let me.