Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-20-2016, 02:02 PM - 3 Likes   #31
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I rarely do so, but based on a few posts on this thread, I have chosen to "ignore" (block) a PF user who insists on posting frequent bitter complaints about customer service for purchases/service where it is not clear the vendor or manufacturer has any particular fault and where they received appropriate and sometimes generous remedy. It is my preference to see a wide view of user opinion and comment and even the occasional "crusade", but in this case, I have had enough.

Steve

Last edited by stevebrot; 08-20-2016 at 02:09 PM.
08-20-2016, 07:16 PM   #32
mee
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by csa Quote
I would recommend anyone dissatisfied with how any shipments are packed, is to take photos immediately after opening them, & sending them to the company; in this case to Helen. Photos speak louder than words!
I'm curious as to what remedies they at Adorama take after finding damage to an item be it external packaging or internal? I mean, I see the mentioning of informing the shipping department/manager folk. But what happens after that? What does shipping do in return? Are there meaningful procedures in place or does it go in the trashbin?

Btw, Helen, as of 10pm EST 8/20 the product listings for the lens hoods are still incorrect.
08-20-2016, 08:02 PM - 7 Likes   #33
Site Supporter
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
I rarely do so, but based on a few posts on this thread, I have chosen to "ignore" (block) a PF user who insists on posting frequent bitter complaints about customer service for purchases/service where it is not clear the vendor or manufacturer has any particular fault and where they received appropriate and sometimes generous remedy.
I have never blocked anyone, ever.....My grandpa, a wise and accomplished man, once told me to never miss an opportunity to watch a jackass fool make a spectacle of himself. He said hopefully, you can learn how you don't want to appear to others.

Regards!
08-20-2016, 09:05 PM - 1 Like   #34
csa
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

way to go

08-20-2016, 10:46 PM   #35
mee
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
I have never blocked anyone, ever.....My grandpa, a wise and accomplished man, once told me to never miss an opportunity to watch a jackass fool make a spectacle of himself. He said hopefully, you can learn how you don't want to appear to others.

Regards!
haha I wouldn't worry about what others think too much.. esp not strangers on a forum with whom one will likely never meet, much less form any deep relationship with. Too much people pleasing in the world as is.. and we're all bound to look foolish to someone. Life isn't well lived continually walking on eggshells.
08-21-2016, 06:44 AM - 4 Likes   #36
csa
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by mee Quote
Life isn't well lived continually walking on eggshells
Being kind and respectful to others, isn't walking on eggshells; some just insist on proving Rupert's point.

Last edited by csa; 08-21-2016 at 07:10 AM.
08-21-2016, 07:38 AM - 4 Likes   #37
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

haha I wouldn't worry about what others think too much.. esp not strangers on a forum with whom one will likely never meet, much less form any deep relationship with. Too much people pleasing in the world as is.. and we're all bound to look foolish to someone. Life isn't well lived continually walking on eggshells
My Grandpa would have been well entertained by your company, I'm certain of it!

Regards!
08-21-2016, 08:20 AM   #38
mee
Pentaxian

My Grandpa would have been well entertained by your company, I'm certain of it!

Regards!

What a well executed passive aggressive personal attack, Rupert. Now that we've covered how you feel, can we please get back to the topic?

Nothing here, said by me, has been out of line. AAMOF, I've been rather patient with the company rep (pointed out the issue a couple times in email this time last year and providing the visual aids again now -- I'm doing Adorama a favor). They seem to always say 'X was notified' or 'I think I fixed it' but then the issue remains. So their words ring hollow.

I think the 10 dollar off another 75 dollar purchase for the shredded box (and damaged internal box) was a bit poor. I'd rather they have simply offered their apology for the state the order arrived in and the message that they were relaying it, and the photos I provided, to the shipping dept (regardless of what happened after that) than try to extract another 65 dollars out of my pocket.

I think this is more of a case of 'I havent had problems, therefore you cannot be having problems; problems dont happen because I dont have them.' which is ridiculous. If this was The Matrix, you'd have taken the blue pill for sure.

08-21-2016, 08:49 AM - 4 Likes   #39
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

All of this could have/should have been done via PM with Ms Oster.

Your long diatribe has grown quite tedious, and will accomplish nothing more.
Further IMO it increasingly portrays you in the same bad light you seek to cast on Adorama.

Won't some thoughtful mod please close this thread?

Chris
08-21-2016, 08:54 AM - 3 Likes   #40
csa
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Agreed! If someone is unhappy with a company; simply shop elsewhere. Doing Adorama a favor? I don't think so.
08-21-2016, 09:13 AM   #41
mee
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by ChrisPlatt Quote
All of this could have/should have been done via PM with Ms Oster.

Your long diatribe has grown quite tedious, and will accomplish nothing more.
Further IMO it increasingly portrays you in the same bad light you seek to cast on Adorama.
Yes, But I've already been through that avenue and, like I mentioned, she just passed it off to someone else in the store who did nothing with it. I would have been perfectly happy in PM, again as I also mentioned in one of my posts here, yet she decided to make it a public showing by trying to air private email contents (of which didn't belong to me). Only after that did I decide to make the details public.

It isn't a one way street -- you guys are welcome to leave the thread if it doesn't appeal to you, you know. And, I've discovered, anything considered negative on the forums is seen with a bad light.. this is how issues persist.. because everyone smiles while brushing the issues under the rug!
08-21-2016, 09:42 AM - 3 Likes   #42
csa
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

, anything considered negative on the forums is seen with a bad light.
Only when it's beaten into the ground, otherwise, beating horse
08-21-2016, 10:05 AM - 5 Likes   #43
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Rupert. Now that we've covered how you feel,
I suspect that I am not alone?

haha I wouldn't worry about what others think too much.. esp not strangers on a forum with whom one will likely never meet, much less form any deep relationship with. Too much people pleasing in the world as is.. and we're all bound to look foolish to someone. Life isn't well lived continually walking on eggshells.
I think your above post pretty much describes how you feel about others that you don't personally know or have contact with. I think I often heard my Grandpa say it's what you say/do when no one is looking or there to hold you accountable, that defines character.

You are most likely not a bad guy, regroup your thoughts and see if you want to re-think some of your words here. For the biggest part we are an easy going bunch, as fast to forgive as to condemn.

We got your message the first time.......letting go after a reasonable response from Adorama would have better served your complaint.

Best Regards!
08-21-2016, 04:23 PM   #44
mee
Pentaxian

I suspect that I am not alone?

I think your above post pretty much describes how you feel about others that you don't personally know or have contact with. I think I often heard my Grandpa say it's what you say/do when no one is looking or there to hold you accountable, that defines character.
Ahh.. an Argumentum ad populum fallacy. So now it is a popularity contest?

When they want to make me out to be the "villain", when I'm going out of the way to be patient and helpful, then absolutely my words ring true. And yet you're the one throwing the personal attacks.

I feel you've misread what I've said in a very negative tone and thus have responded as you have. That is exactly why I don't value the opinions of others online much in these situations -- they don't know me! You only get to see a slice of the whole and only in textual form. And what I've learned is humans generally take the most negative view in the absence of information. I'm calm as a cucumber. I just don't sweep many things under the rug.

You are most likely not a bad guy, regroup your thoughts and see if you want to re-think some of your words here. For the biggest part we are an easy going bunch, as fast to forgive as to condemn.

We got your message the first time.......letting go after a reasonable response from Adorama would have better served your complaint.

Best Regards!
Thanks for that vote of confidence but, truly, nothing I've said here has been vicious or out of order. From what I gather, you read into what I said as if I was shouting vitriol and that isn't the case. I typed it pretty easy goingly. The fact that the issue I'm pointing out has been ongoing for a solid year through 3 different reps at Adorama tells me there is a lot of lip service and little action behind the scenes. That or they have very defined roles and this one is a grey area.

I only discovered the issue back last year when I was looking to buy a lens hood for my 16-50 and one for my 50-135. The text said one thing, the image showed another. When I contacted support, after playing hot potato between reps and saying they would correct it, they told me to buy one and if it isn't the one you ordered to send it back. That's outrageous. They could simply just fix their website listings, but instead they play hot potato with the issue. As a customer, don't you want to know the product you are ordering is the one you will receive? And it's a simple issue of linking image to text. I even did the ground work of showing them the correct text to graphic association.

The issue only cropped back up when this thread was started and Helen decided to play detective (poorly).. only then did I decide to rehash the issue in detail.

I'm not even sure why I spent the amount of time explaining me and the situation with you, outside of you generally seeming to be an OK guy on the forums. In any case, the website still has the incorrect listings, so if anyone at Adorama is willing to correct the product listings, please see page 1 for the infographic of inaccuracies.

Take care!
08-21-2016, 06:26 PM   #45
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I suggest some hot cocoa, a nice easy chair, and a good book......

Available at Amazon in several formats for your reading pleasure!

Name:  Win Friends.jpg
Views: 72
Size:  106.3 KB

Maybe not everyone needs friends, but in my 72years I have never met anyone that didn't.

Regards!
Closed Thread