Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-21-2016, 06:44 PM   #46
mee
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
I suggest some hot cocoa, a nice easy chair, and a good book......

Available at Amazon in several formats for your reading pleasure!

Attachment 322401

Maybe not everyone needs friends, but in my 72years I have never met anyone that didn't.

Regards!
haha.. more passive aggressive attacks.. I can tell you don't want to be my friend. Too hot for cocoa though.

08-21-2016, 06:48 PM - 3 Likes   #47
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by mee Quote
haha.. more passive aggressive attacks. You're too much...
You didn't read that in the book, I guarantee!

Regards!

---------- Post added 08-21-16 at 08:51 PM ----------

I can tell you don't want to be my friend.
Friends try to keep friends from injuring their reputation and damaging their credibility. I think I have done that.
08-21-2016, 06:58 PM   #48
mee
Veteran Member

You didn't read that in the book, I guarantee!

Regards!

---------- Post added 08-21-16 at 08:51 PM ----------

Friends try to keep friends from injuring their reputation and damaging their credibility. I think I have done that.

I would disagree.

Besides where have I injured or damaged? I detailed the issues I've had with Adorama, and when a rep from Adorama came to discredit them, I pointed it out that she was in the wrong and further explained the background history.

That's all.
08-21-2016, 07:03 PM - 3 Likes   #49
Veteran Member

Besides where have I injured or damaged?
You have injured and damaged yourself Mee. We are done here.

08-21-2016, 07:09 PM   #50
mee
Veteran Member

You have injured and damaged yourself Mee. We are done here.

I disagree. And you're being a bully... or a troll... one. But I'm not sure which.
08-21-2016, 07:27 PM - 1 Like   #51
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

I suggest some hot cocoa, a nice easy chair, and a good book......

Available at Amazon in several formats for your reading pleasure!

Attachment 322401

Maybe not everyone needs friends, but in my 72years I have never met anyone that didn't.

Regards!
I was tempted to post something similar. My father took the Dale Carnegie courses in the mid-1960s and claimed they changed his life.

Steve
08-21-2016, 08:17 PM - 3 Likes   #52
csa
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

being a bully... or a troll.
Perhaps look in the mirror for your answer.

Sad that the OP's thread has been totally hijacked.

Done here also.

08-21-2016, 09:04 PM   #53
mee
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by csa Quote
Perhaps look in the mirror for your answer.

Sad that the OP's thread has been totally hijacked.

Done here also.

You've been getting your shanks into my side, whenever you could (such as the comment I'm responding to now), throughout the thread too. I know you've had a chip on your shoulder for awhile so I kind of expected it though. The surreal part is I haven't done anything wrong in this thread. I pointed out the issues I've faced with Adorama [in a thread about issues with Adorama], Helen tried to debunk one of my issues (and incorrectly did so by posting other peoples email messages) while not giving any feedback on the other until well after my response, and then you and Rupert pounce me and totally derail the thread.

If you and Rupert didn't want the back and forth, you could have just stayed out of it; you both could have kept the thread down too you know. Takes two to tango.
08-22-2016, 12:23 AM - 3 Likes   #54
Adorama Camera Representative

....I haven't done anything wrong in this thread. I pointed out the issues I've faced with Adorama .....Helen tried to debunk one of my issues (and incorrectly did so by posting other peoples email messages).....
I can assure you that I had no intention of debunking what you were saying or of discrediting you. I apologise wholeheartedly and without reservation that this has been your impression.
I am deeply concerned that any statement or inference made by me during my almost 9 years as Customer Service Anbassador could be seen in this way.
My role at Adorama is and always has been to support customers; to understand their complaints and issues - and address them.
As I noted above, once I understood that you did not have the time to remind me of the original issue that you raised in August 2015, I sifted through my emails from the period you referred to.
You noted in this thread that you were dissatisfied with the packaging protocol used in our DC, and I immediately notified the Shipping Manager. When I found an email string from August 2015 referring to a packing complaint - from a customer with your screen name - I did the best I could with the limited information available to me.
As soon as you took the time - for which I am deeply grateful - to post screen shots clarifying the discrepancy - I alerted the web master. (Incidentally, at the bottom of each page of the Adorama website there is a link to do this).
As I advised above, this was then addressed immediately.
Once again, I apologise that you have found my responses to be inadequate and unsatisfactory. If you would like to send a message of complaint to my manager, please email me Helen@adorama.com and I will send you his details.

---------- Post added 08-22-16 at 02:34 AM ----------

I'm curious as to what remedies they at Adorama take after finding damage to an item be it external packaging or internal? I mean, I see the mentioning of informing the shipping department/manager folk. But what happens after that? What does shipping do in return? Are there meaningful procedures in place or does it go in the trashbin?

Btw, Helen, as of 10pm EST 8/20 the product listings for the lens hoods are still incorrect.
I am so sorry that anything I have stated in this - or any - other - thread could have led you to believe that when packaging issues are raised that we would simply put them " in the trash bin".

Adorama is a well-established business which constantly strives to improve in every aspect of our business.

We have a packaging protocol for every single one of our aroubd 300,000 items in our inventory. It can happen that this needs to be reviewed when a manufacturer design changes the dimensions or weight of a product.
In addition new protocols are constantly being drawn up as we introduce new items into the inventory.
Finally, while there is a rolling program of staff training - the success of which is monitored by individual cameras over each packing station - we will always give enhanced training updates to any packer who appears to be struggling to achieve the standards required.
Regarding the web page error, as I stated earlier, it would appear corrected at the next feed.....

---------- Post added 08-22-16 at 03:22 AM ----------

...... I've been rather patient with the company rep (pointed out the issue a couple times in email this time last year and providing the visual aids again now -- I'm doing Adorama a favor). They seem to always say 'X was notified' or 'I think I fixed it' but then the issue remains.
I would dearly love to be able to reassure you that whenever I pass on a reported issue to the relevant department that it is acted upon and resolved within 3 business days. This appears - from what you have written here - to have slipped through the net. However, in spite of scrolling through the 6,000 + emails and notifications I received during August 2015 I cannot find anything that seems to relate to your complaint. Therefore I cannot pursue why it was not addressed by the web team at the time.

I think the 10 dollar off another 75 dollar purchase for the shredded box (and damaged internal box) was a bit poor. I'd rather they have simply offered their apology
I am startled to hear that I did not apologise for the packing issue at the time; the $10 I offered was not in lieu of an apology. It was intended as a 'thank you' for alerting me to a possible issue in the packing department, that I will have forwarded on to the Shipping Manager.
08-22-2016, 01:30 AM - 3 Likes   #55
Adorama Camera Representative

Ahh.. an Argumentum ad populum fallacy. So now it is a popularity contest?

When they want to make me out to be the "villain", when I'm going out of the way to be patient and helpful, then absolutely my words ring true. And yet you're the one throwing the personal attacks.

I feel you've misread what I've said in a very negative tone and thus have responded as you have. That is exactly why I don't value the opinions of others online much in these situations -- they don't know me! You only get to see a slice of the whole and only in textual form. And what I've learned is humans generally take the most negative view in the absence of information. I'm calm as a cucumber. I just don't sweep many things under the rug.

Thanks for that vote of confidence but, truly, nothing I've said here has been vicious or out of order. From what I gather, you read into what I said as if I was shouting vitriol and that isn't the case. I typed it pretty easy goingly. The fact that the issue I'm pointing out has been ongoing for a solid year through 3 different reps at Adorama tells me there is a lot of lip service and little action behind the scenes. That or they have very defined roles and this one is a grey area.

I only discovered the issue back last year when I was looking to buy a lens hood for my 16-50 and one for my 50-135. The text said one thing, the image showed another. When I contacted support, after playing hot potato between reps and saying they would correct it, they told me to buy one and if it isn't the one you ordered to send it back. That's outrageous. They could simply just fix their website listings, but instead they play hot potato with the issue. As a customer, don't you want to know the product you are ordering is the one you will receive? And it's a simple issue of linking image to text. I even did the ground work of showing them the correct text to graphic association.

The issue only cropped back up when this thread was started and Helen decided to play detective (poorly).. only then did I decide to rehash the issue in detail.

I'm not even sure why I spent the amount of time explaining me and the situation with you, outside of you generally seeming to be an OK guy on the forums. In any case, the website still has the incorrect listings, so if anyone at Adorama is willing to correct the product listings, please see page 1 for the infographic of inaccuracies.

Take care!
Truthfully, I still do not understand how you have had the time to post extensively about your deep disatisfaction - which I appreciate - but no time during the past 12 months to send me a one-line email updating me on this......

The original reason for this thread being started has been resolved; as far as I am aware to the complete satisfaction of the OP......because he took the time to email me directly, as I suggested.
08-22-2016, 04:02 AM - 4 Likes   #56
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Helen Oster Quote
The original reason for this thread being started has been resolved; as far as I am aware to the complete satisfaction of the OP......because he took the time to email me directly, as I suggested.
Yes, the initial issues have been addressed to my complete satisfaction, both the incorrect product description and the packaging problem which I understand will result in a procedure change for those types of items.

I'm also very comfortable knowing that if an issue comes up that remains unresolved after the initial CS contact that there's a contact person here who can give it her personal attention. Not every problem can be addressed to everyone's satisfaction, but having you here as added assurance that we as customers are fairly represented and any concerns are followed up on is wonderful.

So I'm impressed with the attention you gave my complaints. As far as I'm concerned the thread can be closed.
08-22-2016, 04:54 AM - 1 Like   #57
mee
Veteran Member

I can assure you that I had no intention of debunking what you were saying or of discrediting you. I apologise wholeheartedly and without reservation that this has been your impression.
I am deeply concerned that any statement or inference made by me during my almost 9 years as Customer Service Anbassador could be seen in this way.
My role at Adorama is and always has been to support customers; to understand their complaints and issues - and address them.
As I noted above, once I understood that you did not have the time to remind me of the original issue that you raised in August 2015, I sifted through my emails from the period you referred to.
You noted in this thread that you were dissatisfied with the packaging protocol used in our DC, and I immediately notified the Shipping Manager. When I found an email string from August 2015 referring to a packing complaint - from a customer with your screen name - I did the best I could with the limited information available to me.
As soon as you took the time - for which I am deeply grateful - to post screen shots clarifying the discrepancy - I alerted the web master. (Incidentally, at the bottom of each page of the Adorama website there is a link to do this).
As I advised above, this was then addressed immediately.
Once again, I apologise that you have found my responses to be inadequate and unsatisfactory. If you would like to send a message of complaint to my manager, please email me Helen@adorama.com and I will send you his details.

---------- Post added 08-22-16 at 02:34 AM ----------

I am so sorry that anything I have stated in this - or any - other - thread could have led you to believe that when packaging issues are raised that we would simply put them " in the trash bin".

Adorama is a well-established business which constantly strives to improve in every aspect of our business.

We have a packaging protocol for every single one of our aroubd 300,000 items in our inventory. It can happen that this needs to be reviewed when a manufacturer design changes the dimensions or weight of a product.
In addition new protocols are constantly being drawn up as we introduce new items into the inventory.
Finally, while there is a rolling program of staff training - the success of which is monitored by individual cameras over each packing station - we will always give enhanced training updates to any packer who appears to be struggling to achieve the standards required.
Regarding the web page error, as I stated earlier, it would appear corrected at the next feed.....

---------- Post added 08-22-16 at 03:22 AM ----------

I would dearly love to be able to reassure you that whenever I pass on a reported issue to the relevant department that it is acted upon and resolved within 3 business days. This appears - from what you have written here - to have slipped through the net. However, in spite of scrolling through the 6,000 + emails and notifications I received during August 2015 I cannot find anything that seems to relate to your complaint. Therefore I cannot pursue why it was not addressed by the web team at the time.

I am startled to hear that I did not apologise for the packing issue at the time; the $10 I offered was not in lieu of an apology. It was intended as a 'thank you' for alerting me to a possible issue in the packing department, that I will have forwarded on to the Shipping Manager.
Truthfully, I still do not understand how you have had the time to post extensively about your deep disatisfaction - which I appreciate - but no time during the past 12 months to send me a one-line email updating me on this......

Thank you, Helen, for the thorough response back (despite the bullies in the thread who wanted to derail it).

To answer your question, after going back and forth with your customer service last year, and still seeing the issue was not resolved, I put my hands up and walked away. I was only reminded of it when this thread was started, and to my surprise saw that even after a year the listings were still incorrect on your website.

I still have all the email in my client archive so they're there. I do not wish to make any formal complaints against you. However, In hindsight, I think it would have been better had you simply PM'd me from my initial post here to resolve this instead of guessing and posting private email publicly. The thread was about customer issues/experiences with Adorama, so I added my honest experiences. Apparently, others here didn't want to read of such issues actually occurring and took it upon themselves to attack me in the hopes of derailing the thread.

As a customer, when issues persist and change hands multiple times with no resolution, it gives the appearance of no action being taken. I'm glad to read that there are actual procedures in place and somehow this one just slipped through the cracks. I'm so thankful you hung in there, with me, and took the time to respond back though. Much appreciated!
08-22-2016, 05:44 AM - 4 Likes   #58
Veteran Member

For the record: I will continue to shop at Adorama when I shop, with total and complete confidence as always, and regret that they have been subjected to undue criticism for small failures that also occur periodically at B&H, Amazon, and every other legitimate retailer that are located this side of heaven.

Best Regards
Big Bully
08-22-2016, 06:30 AM - 3 Likes   #59
csa
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

For the record: I will continue to shop at Adorama when I shop, with total and complete confidence as always, and regret that they have been subjected to undue criticism for small failures that also occur periodically at B&H, Amazon, and every other legitimate retailer that are located this side of heaven.

Best Regards
Big Bully
I certainly will also! Helen has been above & beyond patient with a guy that simply wants to continue attacks against her & Adorama. If trying to let him know that everyone is tired of his tirade, is bullying, then so be it.

Helen, just know there are many here that greatly appreciate you assisting us, and answering questions. You're a very valued member here!

Since the OP was most gracious in his last response, and got his original post answered to his satisfaction, perhaps a moderator might see fit to close this thread; as the OP requested.
08-22-2016, 06:37 AM   #60
mee
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by csa Quote
I certainly will also! Helen has been above & beyond patient with a guy that simply wants to continue attacks against her & Adorama. If trying to let him know that everyone is tired of his tirade, is bullying, then so be it.

Helen, just know there are many here that greatly appreciate you assisting us, and answering questions. You're a very valued member here!

Since the OP was most gracious in his last response, and got his original post answered to his satisfaction, perhaps a moderator might see fit to close this thread; as the OP requested.
I will continue to shop at Adorama too. But that was never an issue. There, apparently, was some conspiracy in your head that some 'guy' was simply attacking Helen and Adorama even though that wasn't the case. I appreciate Helen's response though despite the generic stabs at me whenever you could get them in (again just now). The issue was this 'guy' felt like he was getting the run around/ignored. Then the Adorama police showed up to defend someone that could handle themselves quite well.

Kudos, Helen, for hanging in there as well as the time you spent going through this tiring thread even though you didn't have to.
Closed Thread