Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-16-2016, 06:30 PM - 1 Like   #16
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote

I get what Budweiser is. I'm from St. Louis. I guess my memory doesn't serve me. 40 years ago we drank Moosehead to be 'different'. Now I'm sober to be different.
But Budweiser is beer from Budweis in the Czech Republic, where it has been made for nearly 800 years.

09-16-2016, 06:41 PM   #17
Lens Hoarder
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by RichardS Quote
But Budweiser is beer from Budweis in the Czech Republic, where it has been made for nearly 800 years.
Talk about trademark infringement!

Last edited by monochrome; 09-16-2016 at 11:18 PM.
09-16-2016, 09:22 PM   #18
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Des Quote
I doubt a claim like this would have succeeded in Canada or another common law country.
West Edmonton Mall was successfully sued by DIsney in Canada because they named the amusement park inside the mall Fantasyland (probably 2000 miles from Anaheim, California and even further from other Disney amusement parks), even though there was no connection made with Disney characters or other creative assets. A local restaurant chain called Thomas Cook International Cuisine was successfully sued in the city I live in by Thomas Cook Travellers Cheques. The restaurant chain changed their name to Tomas the Cook so they could continue to serve mediocre Greek and Italian dishes. The American justice system is abnormally litigious concerning corporate liability to protect individuals from themselves, but not as radically different from other Western countries when it comes to trademark protection. In the EU, very high barriers to entry are created with "quality" regulations that have nothing to do with consumer protection. Different mechanism, but still very effective.
09-16-2016, 09:39 PM   #19
Site Supporter
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Site Supporter

Most likely no one will try to steal this one? It is one of the best I have ever tasted......comes from Oregon.

[url="https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/

Regards!

09-17-2016, 07:43 AM   #20
Pentaxian

What's really absurd is that Moose Whizz is only sold in a small restaurant in Lake George and maybe a handful of local stores. I say maybe because I have never seen it anywhere except at the Adirondack Pub and I live 15 minutes away. It's possible some of the tourist shops might sell it. A funny side to this is that Moosehead has often been jokingly refereed to as as Moosepiss beer. Maybe that's what has them riled up.
09-17-2016, 09:45 AM   #21
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Man Trapped In Budweiser Warehouse Resorts To Drinking His Own Urine
09-17-2016, 10:11 AM   #22
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

This post has violated the satire tag protocol. I'll leave it up to the moderators to determine the appropriate punishment for not posting a warning that the "Waterford Whispers" is an Irish knockoff of The Onion. No comment yet from The Onion's legal representatives if they plan to sue Waterford Whispers for trademark infringement.
09-17-2016, 11:18 AM   #23
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

@boriscleto

I enjoyed this comment....
"Better to drink your own piss than someone else's..."

In reality, I used to drink Bud when I was more of a beer drinker, back in time. It has a "different" flavor and, maybe owing to the rice, is a little more carbonated and less "sweet" than many of the brands of the day. Never a problem getting served a Bud.....everyplace carried Budweiser and I guess still do?

Regards!

09-17-2016, 02:11 PM   #24
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by RGlasel Quote
Considering that the U.S. has inflicted the lion's share of weak, tasteless beer ever produced in the history of mankind, that's a bit rich, but for the record, I'm not a Moosehead drinker myself, by choice. .
Sadly this was by government decree. Now that these restrictions have been lifted there are a lot of craft breweries are turning out some excellent product.
09-17-2016, 05:17 PM   #25
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
Most likely no one will try to steal this one? It is one of the best I have ever tasted......comes from Oregon.
Perhaps not, though Rogue Ales has shown themselves to be fairly litigious and has been aggressive in suing various companies having the word "Rogue" in their name or product. Google "rogue brewery lawsuit".

Steve
09-17-2016, 08:06 PM   #26
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
Perhaps not, though Rogue Ales has shown themselves to be fairly litigious and has been aggressive in suing various companies having the word "Rogue" in their name or product.
Well, that makes them "truly American"! Everyone seems to want to file a lawsuit, most any reason seems adequate to get you into a courtroom nowadays....and it doesn't even have to be reasonable.

You have some cash? There is never a shortage of lawyers to take it! Win or lose, they get paid in most of those cases.
Regards!
09-24-2016, 11:09 PM   #27
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by boriscleto Quote
apparently a small brewery in New Brunswick now owns the word 'Moose' for all products that are wet.
So it is now a litigious issue when someone throws a bucket of water on a moose now?
09-25-2016, 06:56 AM   #28
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Digitalis Quote
So it is now a litigious issue when someone throws a bucket of water on a moose now?
Only if someone calls the bucket of water "Moose Wash" or something...