Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3 Likes Search this Thread
10-03-2016, 02:16 PM - 2 Likes   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Suggestion for forum users.

Mods, I am putting this here because the suggestions I am going to write here are for all of us members and not suggestions for the forum itself. If you feel that it needs to be moved somewhere else, please do so.

Hi everybody.

I am going to make a couple of suggestions for all of us members. These suggestions are to make using the forum a little easier to use and might help some other member in the process.

Suggestion 1. In the help and troubleshooting section (and anyplace else), When a member is the opener of a thread for a problem with his/her camera, if you find a fix or solution for the problem, either by way of another member or by an outside source, please edit your title to include the word "Solved". Doing this might help another member if they have the same problem or a similar problem and that a fix was found.

Suggestion 2. Number 2 can be considered a small pet peeve for me, and I am guessing some other members as well. In the profile you fill out when a person joins, there is a box you can fill in that has location in it. Please fill in a location. It will show up over here <----- when you post something in a thread.

Having a location in your profile can help other members when and if a question is asked where a local solution for whatever is being discussed. As an example, on another forum that I am a member of, a user was asking a question about where he might get a certain type of model paint locally. He was concerned about the cost of shipping but he didn't know where to buy the paint. I was able to google hobby shops in his country and found a couple of shops close to him that sold the paint he was looking for.

That was just a couple of small suggestions from things I have noticed. Suggestion 1 actually came from a thread I saw a couple of weeks ago. Sadly, I do not remember the name of the member who made it to the OP. All credit goes to that member.

10-03-2016, 03:13 PM - 1 Like   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by bigdavephoto Quote
Suggestion 1. In the help and troubleshooting section (and anyplace else), When a member is the opener of a thread for a problem with his/her camera, if you find a fix or solution for the problem, either by way of another member or by an outside source, please edit your title to include the word "Solved". Doing this might help another member if they have the same problem or a similar problem and that a fix was found.
It might be better if we had the system handle this, similar to how we mark marketplace threads as 'sold' with a prefix. I know that once we upgrade the forum software, this will be a core feature.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
10-03-2016, 04:21 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
It might be better if we had the system handle this, similar to how we mark marketplace threads as 'sold' with a prefix. I know that once we upgrade the forum software, this will be a core feature.

That would work too. I didn't know if something like this was possible for general threads, and having never sold on the marketplace, I don't know what the seller tools are like.