Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-08-2016, 03:14 PM   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
"A long time between drinks".

Laying aside any discussion of techniques or materials, so as not to breach the rules of this thread, all I will say about this evening's activities is that after far too long an enforced break, it felt good to be back in the darkroom again (and I even got what looked like usable negatives).

What about you, fellow Pentaxians? What fun activity has life dragged you away from recently, that you just got back to and found you had forgotten neither the joys nor the skills?

10-08-2016, 04:14 PM   #2
Pentaxian

I had and rode a lot of motorcycles in my time, particularly my teens into my 30's. I got out of it, with raising family, etc. In the last few years my son got into motorcycles and I've been down at dealerships with him, while he was there. In the last couple of years he bought first a Yamaha sport motorcycle and then this year traded it in on a new BMW GS bike.
I had the opportunity to take both motorcycles out for a spin and found I hadn't lost any of my long ago acquired, riding skills. I enjoyed riding both of them.

There I was in my 40 year old European style leather jacket, gauntlets and old Bell Magnum crash helmet....running his new motorcycles down a lovely, winding country road.

I'm well into my 60's and at this point in life don't think I'll be out buying new motorcycles, anytime soon. But it's nice....once again... to feel the wind in my face, the bugs in my teeth and memorable sound of the motorcycles exhaust note in my ears....as the rpm rise and fall as I shift.

I rode European, British and Japanese bikes way back then and still have an English made '67 Matchless GS 750 Scrambler and a '78 Yamaha SR 500 (big single) in my shed. It's nice to look at them and work on them.
10-08-2016, 04:31 PM   #3
Veteran Member

funny that lesmore just made that post, because my summer is typically spent on the golf course, and riding motorbikes.

most specifically, this one

but lately, this little thing.

it's a silly little thing honda has built for the market. fully street legal, 125cc, 12" wheels. weighs about 225lbs. air cooled 4 speed. pure silliness. a bit of a throwback to the old monkey bikes.
10-13-2016, 08:41 PM - 1 Like   #4

For me it's fishing. Up until 1999 I was an addicted fisherman. Boat. Multiple tackle boxes. Didn't like the rods in the stores so I taught myself how to build my own. I'd get off work Friday eat dinner then about 11 tell the wife I'd see her in the morning. Then get the boat and head for Tampa Bay. If I went on Saturday it was an offshore Gulf of Mexico jaunt.
Then I parked the boat one day in 99 and there it still sits.
This year I took my 7 year old to the Skyway Fishing Pier. Little guy stayed up with me until 3 am. Still likes going even when we don't catch. He's a trooper.
So now I'm looking at a Hobie Cat 17' tandem fishing kayak.
And I'm building a new rod for me.
Refurbishing a good old rod for Little G.

Yep. Addicted again.