Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-28-2008, 05:52 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Me too, I mean the soreness and the polarizer / tripod stuff, I haven't done that in a while. Plus the best place I didn't even take the tripod. I got the most megapixels in a jpeg from the A 28mm lens I've ever recorded from the K100D however, and the detail just went for ever. But aesthetically, the images aren't the greatest. I had high hopes for the Yashica Mat but with other slip ups they didn't come out either.

07-29-2008, 06:55 AM   #17
Veteran Member

Good to hear that you did not sustain any serious injury. The photos you've posted are lovely. Chin up.
07-29-2008, 07:23 AM   #18
Veteran Member

Pictures MORE than made up for it. Now you'll appreciate them even more!

Hooray for Pentax.
07-29-2008, 12:08 PM   #19
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Glad to hear your ok and the camera of course. I suppose the solace in all this can be seen in your beautiful shots. What a magnificent place, even if a bit dangerous. Hard earned but well done!

07-29-2008, 01:26 PM   #20
Veteran Member

As a group, we don't need a rubber room, we need a rubber camera and lens
07-29-2008, 01:47 PM   #21
Inactive Account

I'm glad things turned out well. but you know I bet your daughter is thinking. (He tells me no but look at the way he has to prove the point) grownups are so weird.
07-30-2008, 03:00 PM   #22
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Hey Robin....we expect to see the action shots as you go down...please.
I mean, hell mate, its one thing to take a tumble, but not to have the presence of mind to whiz the camera up and fire off a couple of shots on the way down and through the tumble is, well...just not in the Pentax spirit...

Glad all has ended well and not too much damage done. I took a tumble myself a few weeks back in pouring rain (camera was in the bag & couldn't get the zip undone quick enough ).....just in case you were wondering.
Cheers.

07-31-2008, 02:20 AM   #23
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Photo Tramp Quote
I'm glad things turned out well. but you know I bet your daughter is thinking. (He tells me no but look at the way he has to prove the point) grownups are so weird.
I think she got a bit of a laugh out of it. Heck, even I did!

QuoteOriginally posted by Mallee Boy Quote
I mean, hell mate, its one thing to take a tumble, but not to have the presence of mind to whiz the camera up and fire off a couple of shots on the way down and through the tumble is, well...just not in the Pentax spirit...
This might have happened except that I at least had the good sense to turn it off before moving camera and tripod down a slippery slope. Next time I'll do this when the others are around so my partner can snap a couple images with the point and shoot!
07-31-2008, 08:31 PM   #24
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Glad you are well. Slippery rocks can be very dangerous. The camera is darn rugged. Your pictures are beautiful. I don't seem to have as much luck with streams and other bodies of water. Must try a Pola filter soon.
I did the same thing you did except I fell down a water fall! I was bunged up but survived. My poor 50 1.4 Olympus Zuiko lens didn't. It smashed the close focused lens in past infinity. The helicoids were totaled. OM1 still worked. Everything in back pack I was carrying survived. Was very lucky like you. Friend watched a man fall to his death at Falls Creek Falls water fall in Tn. Be careful out there everyone.
thanks
barondla

Check out POINT & SHOOT CONTEST #9 WINNERS in P&S forum. Enter #10.