Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
11-20-2016, 10:45 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by lithedreamer Quote
That's...an opinion I respectfully disagree with actually. Also, if the pain is worth medicating, there are going to be days you won't be able to work because of the pain, in my experience.

Also, it's worth noting here (though I see the OP is in Canada, where laws may differ) that medical marijuana can adversely affect your civil right to carry firearms, obtain federal employment, and other consequences. Tread carefully.
It is legal for medical purposes on a federal level and will be legal recreational in the next year or two. legislation will be in the spring of 2017.
as a Canadian, I don't worry about gun rights or lack of

thanks

Randy

11-20-2016, 11:09 AM   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by slip Quote
It is legal for medical purposes on a federal level and will be legal recreational in the next year or two. legislation will be in the spring of 2017.
as a Canadian, I don't worry about gun rights or lack of

thanks

Randy
Great!
11-20-2016, 11:43 AM   #18
Veteran Member

Original Poster
got an appointment this week. should be interesting
11-20-2016, 11:46 AM   #19
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by slip Quote
After a motorcycle crash this summer, I had a broken pelvis and shoulder. Here I am months later with pain. I would like an honest opinion without the politics on pain management with MM.
I am not interested in how stone one can get, just pain relief

thanks for any and all opinions!

Randy
there are also topical creams made with marijuana that work wonders for muscles and bones close to the surface (e.g. your shoulder. Not sure about the pelvis though)

M

11-20-2016, 12:31 PM   #20
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by MJSfoto1956 Quote
there are also topical creams made with marijuana that work wonders for muscles and bones close to the surface (e.g. your shoulder. Not sure about the pelvis though)

M
Other topical creams like arnica can be palliative, as well.
11-20-2016, 01:22 PM - 1 Like   #21
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by lithedreamer Quote
Other topical creams like arnica can be palliative, as well.
I have been using Arnica for years -- good stuff. But recently a friend gave me some of the other stuff for my arthritis in my right hand. To my surprise, it worked noticeably better than Arnica (and that is saying something). Just need to wait for medical marijuana to be available locally and I'll switch.

Michael
11-21-2016, 11:54 AM   #22
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by MJSfoto1956 Quote
I have been using Arnica for years -- good stuff. But recently a friend gave me some of the other stuff for my arthritis in my right hand. To my surprise, it worked noticeably better than Arnica (and that is saying something). Just need to wait for medical marijuana to be available locally and I'll switch.

Michael
your state is next in line, isn't it for legalization?

Randy

11-24-2016, 04:56 PM   #23
Veteran Member

Original Poster
well I got the prescription and it is now in the hands of the supplier. I don't know why I am nervous about it....

Randy