Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-01-2008, 06:42 AM   #1
Forum Member

Ten is a Milestone

Usually, I don't like to brag. But today, four of my photos made it into the Pentax Photo Gallery. That makes ten photos I now have published in the PPG. And to be honest, that makes me .

Feel free to take a look and leave C&C.

Thanks for looking,
Roger.

08-01-2008, 06:58 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Congrats! I just had one last night added (I'm up to 6 now). I agree that 10 is a milestone. I didn't post a link to my PPG page until it reached 5 photos.
08-01-2008, 07:30 AM   #3
Forum Member

Original Poster
Thanks! I started looking through the list of photographers in the PPG and noticed that quite a lot have a relatively small number of photos published. I wonder if people stop submitting after one or two are published. Like "I did it" and then move on. (There's nothing wrong with that of course!)
08-01-2008, 07:51 AM   #4
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by drerka Quote
Thanks! I started looking through the list of photographers in the PPG and noticed that quite a lot have a relatively small number of photos published. I wonder if people stop submitting after one or two are published. Like "I did it" and then move on. (There's nothing wrong with that of course!)
Could be. Early on I would take shots thinking about the PPG. Now, I take shots and if one happens to jump out at me, I'll submit it. I'll admit that it's happened a lot more lately, but I never shoot with that goal in mind. If it gets in, fine.....if not, I doesn't matter because I took the photo for me and not for PPG approval. Of course, it's a little easier to have that attitude after you've gotten a few of them in there.

PENTAX Photo Gallery

08-01-2008, 06:00 PM   #5
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by drerka Quote
I'm not sure if it's an "I did it" type of thing. For me, I'm a bit too busy to submit anything of late. Besides I'm not so sure about the whole acceptance process as it is now. I might think to submit something once every 6 months. The sizing requirements are such that I have to resize specifically to enter an image there. 600 pixels is not the standard 800 pixels of most places. Honestly when I hear the way some folks critique ppg entries on dpreview it bothers me, and I am reminded that these are the same folks who are voting on submissions at the ppg. Creepy.
08-02-2008, 02:53 AM   #6
Forum Member

Original Poster
Just to be clear on this: I respect everybody's submittance, whether it's one image or a hundred. It's the image that counts for me, not the number.
Nonetheess, ten made me smile.