Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
01-09-2017, 12:56 PM   #16
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Take Off Every ZIG!

Pac-Man on a large bar console, long before invention of Gaming on a 'PC'.

I'm older than borisceto's socks.*

"Somebody set us up the bomb"
"Main screen turn on"
"All your base are belong to us."

* That's a new aphorism: Older than boriscleto's socks

Last edited by monochrome; 01-09-2017 at 01:09 PM.
01-09-2017, 01:11 PM   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

My biggies back in the late '90s were (in no particular order): Diablo, StarCraft, Total Annihilation, and Unreal Tournament. Also played a cool WW1 aerial combat game - Red Baron (II or III or something!) These all ran under Win 95 or 98. But I did play some DOS games earlier such as Doom, Wolfenstein 3D, and Rise of the Robots (anyone remember that one?).
01-09-2017, 01:17 PM   #18
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Pac-Man on a large bar console, long before invention of Gaming on a 'PC'.
My dad owned a bar when I was a kid. He had a 50/50 deal for a pinball machine, video game console, and a jukebox. Space Invaders and Asteroids paid for our trip to Disney World...

He never had an official Pac-Man machine, just a knock-off. His favorite though was Pole Position. Drunks trying to play a racing game
01-09-2017, 01:38 PM   #19
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by boriscleto Quote
My dad owned a bar when I was a kid. He had a 50/50 deal for a pinball machine, video game console, and a jukebox. Space Invaders and Asteroids paid for our trip to Disney World...

He never had an official Pac-Man machine, just a knock-off. His favorite though was Pole Position. Drunks trying to play a racing game
Hah Hah Haj - I belly laughed at the Pole Position Line

My neighborhood bar had two game rooms: the Machine Room and the Darts Room. Real men played darts for real money. Partiers played Pac-Man and spent money (although there was some serious Pinball).

In 1978, long before I met mrs monochrome, I made more money throwing darts than I earned in W-2 income. Cricket was for bar bets. 301 2-3 was Tournament Darts. *

American style boards

01-09-2017, 01:58 PM   #20
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Hah Hah Haj - I belly laughed at the Pole Position Line

My neighborhood bar had two game rooms: the Machine Room and the Darts Room. Real men played darts for real money. Partiers played Pac-Man and spent money (although there was some serious Pinball).

In 1978, long before I met mrs monochrome, I made more money throwing darts than I earned in W-2 income. Cricket was for bar bets. 301 2-3 was Tournament Darts. *

American style boards
The last year or so that he owned it he had an electronic dart board instead of a pinball table. There was always a pool table...

When he first bought the place, I was about 5, he had a vintage coin-op bowling machine...then when that broke down he had a shuffle puck bowling machine.
01-09-2017, 02:07 PM   #21
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by boriscleto Quote
The last year or so that he owned it he had an electronic dart board instead of a pinball table. There was always a pool table...

When he first bought the place, I was about 5, he had a vintage coin-op bowling machine...then when that broke down he had a shuffle puck bowling machine.
My father had an office supply store in downtown St. Louis. The most profitable square foot in the store was the L'Eggs pantyhose kiosk. Eventually he closed up, bulldozed the building, paved and striped the lot and set up those galvanized boxes with the slots that you shoved two dollars in for 4 hours of parking.

His income tripled.