Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-01-2008, 07:34 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
RANT: ordering from The Filter Connection

This is what I've had to go through to get some filters...

Since I wanted to use a combination of a Visa gift card and a regular Visa debit card, I called them last Tuesday to place my order as opposed to ordering online. I gave them both card numbers and thought that was the end of it. As it turned out, I made the mistake of giving them my home number and of course, they called me at home and were closed by the time I got home from work and got the message. I called them back the next day and it turned out that the girl who took my order got one digit on the gift card wrong, so we got that straightened out. I also took the opportunity to give her my work phone number, just in case there were any more issues. I hadn't gotten any phone calls since then, so I thought everything was fine until I checked my email for the first time in a couple of days just tonight. There in my inbox is an email from the same girl asking me to call her once again--she didn't give me any indication of what the issue is this time around. Since they're not open on the weekends, I emailed her back and asked her to call me at work on Monday, once again giving her my work phone number.

In the meantime, Ed (in GA) is holding his DA12-24 for me until I can finish scraping up the cash to buy it off of him. He's even willing to throw in a 77mm Hoya Pro 1 Digital UV filter with it. That's one of the filters I've been attempting to order, so when I talk to the girl at TFC on Monday, I'm at least going to cancel that part of my order. The way things are going, I think I may wind up canceling my whole order and just ordering the other 2 filters from Adorama (2--49mm Hoya HMC UVs).

The girl I've been dealing with seems to be a sweetie, but perhaps a bit ditzy.

Needless to say, this has been a test of my patience...

Thanks for letting me rant.
Heather

08-01-2008, 07:46 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
It is really a challenge to split a retail payment across several different cards - epsecially those gift debit cards.

I just bought a Yakima roof basket for my wife's Subaru; I paid with 5 Visa Rebate cards from my cell phone upgrades and a regular credit card. The guy had to ring each debit card as a different charge company (VISA, MC, Discover, American Express, other) and then a credit card - I signed 6 times. I think that's part of the racket - about 40% of the value on those cards is never spent, and I think they make it hard on purpose, so you will leave the last few dollars on the card unspent.

OTOH I have purchased several times from Adorama on "Combination Payments" - they seem to know what the are doing.