Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 57 Likes Search this Thread
01-10-2017, 04:18 PM - 3 Likes   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Who's Your FAVORITE Pentax Forum "Superstar"?

I've been a member here for only a couple of years. During that time I've gotten lots of help and terrific advice from many members.

I've learned that many of the members here are unassuming and low key, but often I've found that it's the quiet ones who are the most helpful and authoritative.

Those of you are are new to this forum, don't discount a short comment from a member who writes using poor English. Many of the most famous members here are from Europe and English is not their native language.

The following are just a few of the members here who I hold in the highest regard, they are folks that I'd finally like to say "thanks for all your great contributions, advice and guidance" to. These are the members who helped me transition from a Nikon/Canon/Fuji user to a full blown Pentax fanboy -

photoptimist, interested_observer, ranchy, MJSfoto1956, Tas, BigMackCam, Kerrowdown, asahi man, Rich M, jevans, baro-nite, DCShooter, NZ_Ross, stevebrot, monochrome, jatrax, bertwert, Not a Number, Rondec, teiki arii, sculptormic, cqua77, and of course Mr Pentax himself "Adam" !

What other members have unselfishly helped you recently? Who are your Pentax Forum "SuperStars"?

Last edited by Fenwoodian; 01-10-2017 at 04:32 PM.
01-10-2017, 05:33 PM - 5 Likes   #2
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
DISCLAIMER: This post reflects the sentiment and/or opinion of Parallax; not that of the staff or ownership of PentaxForums.com, nor probably anyone else.

For showing me how to realstically evaluate my equipment and my needs for equipment: normhead
For livening things up and adding just enough quirkiness to lighten the mood; and for being a true friend: Rupert.
For providing a voice of reason when things get tense: My fellow moderators.
For their support: CSA, pjv, Kunzite, monochrome, and my fellow moderators.
01-10-2017, 05:44 PM - 1 Like   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Thank you x2 - you're awfully nice, fine members and part of the fabric.

All the aforementioned, plus Chris Platt, gofour3, fwcetus, Sandy Hancock, and at the very beginning Peter Zack; and others who are no longer here, and who sent PM's in times of life stress, which cannot be credited.

mrs monochrome sometimes asks who sent a package or some prints or a book. She is accustomed to me responding, "My friend from New York, or Canada or England or Australia," and she knows I mean a Forum member (otherwise, "I got it on eBay" )

Last edited by monochrome; 01-10-2017 at 05:50 PM.
01-10-2017, 06:08 PM - 1 Like   #4
Closed Account

QuoteOriginally posted by Fenwoodian Quote
Who's Your FAVORITE Pentax Forum "Superstar"?
So many individuals stand out in the different forums, my 1 one finger typing method would have it down to a " nub " if I named them all. One group I think should get a mention though, and that is the moderators. All of them. They do a tough, thankless job on our behalf. Without their input, this site would finish up as a very unpleasant place to be, as what happens on other sites. All " umpires and referees " keep the game going, but none get the glory of winning. Glad you are there guys - and gal !!!

Last edited by Unregistered User 8; 01-10-2017 at 06:50 PM. Reason: Typo
01-10-2017, 08:21 PM - 5 Likes   #5
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Fenwoodian Quote
I've been a member here for only a couple of years. During that time I've gotten lots of help and terrific advice from many members.

I've learned that many of the members here are unassuming and low key, but often I've found that it's the quiet ones who are the most helpful and authoritative.

Those of you are are new to this forum, don't discount a short comment from a member who writes using poor English. Many of the most famous members here are from Europe and English is not their native language.

The following are just a few of the members here who I hold in the highest regard, they are folks that I'd finally like to say "thanks for all your great contributions, advice and guidance" to. These are the members who helped me transition from a Nikon/Canon/Fuji user to a full blown Pentax fanboy -

photoptimist, interested_observer, ranchy, MJSfoto1956, Tas, BigMackCam, Kerrowdown, asahi man, Rich M, jevans, baro-nite, DCShooter, NZ_Ross, stevebrot, monochrome, jatrax, bertwert, Not a Number, Rondec, teiki arii, sculptormic, cqua77, and of course Mr Pentax himself "Adam" !

What other members have unselfishly helped you recently? Who are your Pentax Forum "SuperStars"?

Me, but I keep getting banned.
01-10-2017, 09:32 PM - 1 Like   #6
csa
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

There are so many, and I must apologize as I know I'll miss some that I want to name.

Pacerr, who's generosity is so appreciated.
Bigmackcam, who goes the extra mile to help fellow members.
Parallax, who is there to support us, and share his expertise & humor.
Paulh, who shares his photos of his corner of the world with us.
The Moderators who silently do such a great job in the background to keep this site friendly & safe.
Adam; without him, we would not have this wonderful site to share our photos & information about Pentax!

Wow, I know I'm missing so many that have made this site so pleasant & informative; but at the moment cannot think of them.
01-10-2017, 10:05 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Why thanks Fenwoodian! All I do is really ramble on and say bla bla bla.

I think the best superstar here is Adam for running this amazing site!
(Also I guess the moderators are kind off important as well )

I won't mention any other specific awesome members as I would leave many helpful members out of my list.
But truly this is an amazing forum with equally amazing members.

01-10-2017, 10:20 PM - 2 Likes   #8

I would agree with all the above and also add Uncle Vanya and Clackers. I find their information helpful and informative.
01-10-2017, 10:31 PM - 1 Like   #9
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by GolNat Quote
I would agree with all the above and also add Uncle Vanya and Clackers. I find their information helpful and informative.
Thanks, GolNat, much appreciated, and of course I put in a second vote for myself!

I'm assuming this is some kind of giveaway contest ... probably a 645Z.

Last edited by clackers; 01-10-2017 at 10:51 PM.
01-10-2017, 10:40 PM - 1 Like   #10
Veteran Member

I regularly learn something from [almost] every poster on PF. No superstars.
01-11-2017, 08:08 AM - 1 Like   #11
Pentaxian

Ahhh so many to mention. I'm sure I'd miss a bunch and then feel bad about it. This community is so helpful, so friendly, it's got to be one of the best places on the internet, bar none.

So I'll just make Adam my favorite forum superstar, for allowing all of this to happen But everybody else gets to pat themselves in the back!
01-11-2017, 09:06 AM - 1 Like   #12
Veteran Member

Well Parralax has a list i would use for many of the same reasons,
normhead
Rupert.
all the various moderators over the years both when i was an wasn't a moderator
I would add him to my list for always having a sense of humour and putting up with me back when the forum had P&R.
Wheatfield I'd add you to my list as well always were a good source of info when i first hung out here
and I'll mention a few departed members Peter Zack, Rio Rico were both excellent members with much knowledge to impart and Mike cash and Ira for anything Takumar related
01-11-2017, 05:34 PM - 2 Likes   #13
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

After 10 years here. Several... too many to list. Just a great site that I keep coming back to, even after briefly having been sent to the penalty-box...
01-11-2017, 06:15 PM - 1 Like   #14
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by ex finn. Quote
after 10 years here. Several... Too many to list. Just a great site that i keep coming back to, even after briefly having been sent to the penalty-box... :d
btdt
01-11-2017, 06:28 PM - 1 Like   #15
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

LOL