Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-27-2017, 04:47 PM - 8 Likes   #1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
fellow Pentaxian could use some help

Dear Fellow Pentaxians:

As many of you probably know, a tragedy has befallen our colleague VoiceOfReason and left him in a very difficult position (see “Your Place” thread, post #10981). I would like to help him out a bit, so I’ve cleared with Adam doing a little crowdfunding. If you would like to make a contribution, use PayPal, and using the PAYPAL GIFT OPTION make a payment to: webmaster@pentaxforums.com. Please donate in whole number amount ($5, $10, $15, etc.) and please specify “for VoiceOfReason” in the note. Adam will send forward the funds to VoF.

Thank you, WPRESTO

01-27-2017, 05:14 PM - 2 Likes   #2
Pentaxian

Very nice thing you did, WPRESTO. I'm sure every little bit helps and I'm touched by how much the community cares for each other.

Thoughts & prayers for VoR and his family.
01-27-2017, 07:33 PM - 2 Likes   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Thanks for setting this up, I had wanted to help in some way.
Donation made, and I urge others to do the same.
Trust me, paying it forward feels better than a new piece of gear.
01-28-2017, 01:43 AM - 2 Likes   #4
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Walt, that's very thoughtful and entirely warranted for a long-established and valued member of our community.

Donation made, and I hope many more will do the same.

01-28-2017, 02:42 AM - 2 Likes   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Done.
01-30-2017, 10:33 PM - 2 Likes   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Sent and done or should I say Done and Sent!
01-31-2017, 11:15 PM - 1 Like   #7
Emperor and Senpai
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Thank you all so very much. This has been a hard time for me, and I was surprised to see this happen. I couldn't ask for a better community to be a part of.
02-01-2017, 05:17 AM   #8
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by VoiceOfReason Quote
Thank you all so very much. This has been a hard time for me, and I was surprised to see this happen. I couldn't ask for a better community to be a part of.

So many friends here, so few of us will be able to shake hands,

02-01-2017, 11:37 AM - 5 Likes   #9
Administrator
Site Webmaster

I'm happy to announce that we've raised $420 for VoR, which I've now sent to him. 12 members participated (myself included). Thanks so much for your kindness!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

02-01-2017, 12:45 PM - 1 Like   #10
Loyal Site Supporter
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

I wasn't going to donate...I figured he would make it just fine without me...but then Otis pitched a wall-eyed fit and I did. After a course in common decency toward my fellow members and an hour long lecture on why we need to help each other here, I am apologizing for my poor and unreasoned initial response.

I know Voice appreciated those that helped him out in his time of need. It was also very gracious for Adam to put this up on his behalf. Over on DPR Voice would have probably been banned for just having a need.....

As you go along here on this fine Forum, remember that "squirrels are people too"...someday one may help you!

Regards!