Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-05-2017, 10:22 PM   #16
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I still believe that the Atlanta Falcons are the more athletic, faster and stronger team.

The difference was "intelligence". The Patriot players as a whole are smarter than the Falcons - the Patriots didn't make bone head mistakes and penalties at critical times. LIke that overtime 3rd down play in the end zone where the Falcons defender didn't think and just instinctively batted the ball away, an on-the-ball smarter player would clearly have known to instead go for the interception.

02-06-2017, 01:55 AM   #17
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Momentum's a funny thing. You would have thought the amazing Julio Jones play would've stopped dead the Patriot comeback, but the Falcons immediately end up 3rd and 33 after it.

Another year, guys!

Last edited by clackers; 02-06-2017 at 02:04 AM.
02-06-2017, 06:00 AM - 2 Likes   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I thought this pretty well sums it up.

02-06-2017, 07:52 AM   #19
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by clackers Quote
Really? Mr 'Perfect Balls'?

'Deflategate' aside, he's incredible. Does he have a Senior Citizen's Bus Pass?
If the NFL wanted to look even remotely credible they would have changed the rule and said "He's retroactively innocent."

Instead they spend ridiculous amounts of money on something that provides no competitive advantage, it simply discriminates agains guys with smaller hands.

Wait are you saying you've seen his balls?

---------- Post added 02-06-17 at 09:56 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by clackers Quote
Momentum's a funny thing. You would have thought the amazing Julio Jones play would've stopped dead the Patriot comeback, but the Falcons immediately end up 3rd and 33 after it.

Another year, guys!
That is on the Falcon's coaching staff. After that catch, three runs up the middle and kick a field goal and you can't lose. Inexperienced team, inexperienced coach.

Last edited by normhead; 02-06-2017 at 09:05 AM.
02-06-2017, 08:58 AM   #20
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Deflategate was the dumbest thing. I root for the Bengal's who range from mediocre to halfway decent. At the same time, clearly the inflation of the balls didn't have a real impact on the Patriot's winning, the rule had no specific penalties attached to it, and the idea that the football commissioner will be both judge and jury is crazy. There should have been an independent arbitrator to review the case. Likely out come in that situation would have been a steep fine for Brady, but no games suspended.

As for the super bowl, the Patriots wore down the Falcons. The Falcon's offense only scored 21 points and when they did score, it was really fast. 45 offensive plays for Atlanta versus 93 for the Patriots? At the end of the game, the Falcon's defense was just worn out and couldn't make a stop. I just was surprised that the Patriots had enough time left to complete the come back.
02-06-2017, 09:28 AM   #21
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Who could pay attention to that game stuff when there was a commercial for the AMG GT-C Roadster? Check out those carbon-ceramic brakes.
02-06-2017, 09:37 AM   #22
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Just1MoreDave Quote
Who could pay attention to that game stuff when there was a commercial for the AMG GT-C Roadster? Check out those carbon-ceramic brakes.
What did you do? Record it and rewatch it for 4 hours? They had some good commercials, but they don't last long.

02-06-2017, 09:55 AM   #23
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
What did you do? Record it and rewatch it for 4 hours? They had some good commercials, but they don't last long.
Actually, I do record it and then fast-forward through the game. I wasn't terribly impressed with the ads this year.
02-06-2017, 12:25 PM   #24
Pentaxian

I don't have cable and I can't get a Fox channel off my antenna. I was streaming the game through Fox Sports Go and they stopped the stream during the commercial break at the end of the third quarter. I waited several minutes and was ready to just turn it off and watch Netflix, thinking the game was pretty much over when just for the heck of it, I switched to Fox's Spanish stream and it was working and the score was 28-20. I was mad to say the least. Eventually, the English stream started again and I caught the remainder of the game. Sorry Fox, your little stunt isn't going to change my cord cutting ways.

I do have to say that the Patriots played an awesome fourth quarter. While being mostly neutral about the game and kind of happy for Matt Ryan and the Falcons, the Patriots have a knack for making play adjustments during a game and their comeback was no surprise. When they really started to roll late in the fourth, I couldn't help start rooting for them because there was a chance, although very unlikely, to see sports history made. Like them or not, it was an amazing display by a team that was determined not to loose.
02-06-2017, 01:03 PM   #25
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Fenwoodian Quote
I still believe that the Atlanta Falcons are the more athletic, faster and stronger team.

The difference was "intelligence". The Patriot players as a whole are smarter than the Falcons - the Patriots didn't make bone head mistakes and penalties at critical times. LIke that overtime 3rd down play in the end zone where the Falcons defender didn't think and just instinctively batted the ball away, an on-the-ball smarter player would clearly have known to instead go for the interception.
I started to get worried when the Falcons started to accumulate successive "hold" penalties.
Then they retired at half time ... God knows what was on their "mind" when they came back for the 2nd half ???

---------- Post added 02-06-17 at 03:08 PM ----------

BTW, about this O.T. rule:

Is it fair that, upon a coin toss win, the team decides to "receive" (or kick, whatever ...) ... then, if there is a T.D., the other doesn't have the opportunity to come back ?
Why don't they just play an additional full quarter and let them play " as usual" .... keep doing this until there is an actual winner ?
Who cares if it last all day !
It's Super Bowl ... plenty of beer and Doritos out there!
02-06-2017, 01:15 PM - 2 Likes   #26
Pentaxian

It's a rough day in Atlanta. Everybody at work is silent. I went to the court today (for a ticket) and it seemed the chatty judge couldn't stop talking about the game with his lawyer pals that were in the room.

My older boy (8) cried himself to sleep last night and nothing could stop him. Other than being born in Atlanta, he's mad that cheaters win so much. He's already finding out life isn't always fair...

Anyway, I'll confess that it's my fault. As a Brazilian living in Atlanta, I was cheering for Brazil when they lost that important game to Germany in the most humiliating defeat in soccer World Cup history. And i was of course cheering when the Falcons had the most humiliating Superbowl (or football, really) defeat ever. I think I'll stop supporting any teams, it just does them harm... lol
02-06-2017, 03:42 PM   #27
Veteran Member

I'm a Giants fan and was thrilled by the Falcons shock and awe in the first half. Their defence ran out of gas - they burned themselves out by half-time. I hate to say it but experience helped the Pats face the storm and turn the tide. Still though, the coin toss sudden death rule is downright silly. They should play for a full quarter.
02-06-2017, 04:14 PM   #28
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Just1MoreDave Quote
I peeled off right after that.

Jer
02-06-2017, 04:24 PM   #29
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Saltwater Images Quote
I'm a Giants fan and was thrilled by the Falcons shock and awe in the first half. Their defence ran out of gas - they burned themselves out by half-time. I hate to say it but experience helped the Pats face the storm and turn the tide. Still though, the coin toss sudden death rule is downright silly. They should play for a full quarter.
College overtime is better. The offence has to score, and the defence has to get a stop.

What kind of rule says one team's offence and one team's defence doesn't get a say in deciding the game. Is it a team sport or isn't it?
02-06-2017, 04:52 PM   #30
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by jpzk Quote
BTW, about this O.T. rule:
Is it fair that, upon a coin toss win, the team decides to "receive" (or kick, whatever ...) ... then, if there is a T.D., the other doesn't have the opportunity to come back ?
Why don't they just play an additional full quarter and let them play " as usual" .... keep doing this until there is an actual winner ?
Who cares if it last all day !
It's Super Bowl ... plenty of beer and Doritos out there!
QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
College overtime is better. The offence has to score, and the defence has to get a stop.

What kind of rule says one team's offence and one team's defence doesn't get a say in deciding the game. Is it a team sport or isn't it?
Yeah ... really !
I think this way of (the NFL) running the OT is unfair.