Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3 Likes Search this Thread
02-15-2017, 01:50 AM   #1
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

Accessing my Windows 10 folders from Ubuntu?

I recently installed Ubuntu 16.04.1 LTS on my HP laptop, alongside Windows 10, with the intention of gradually moving to Ubuntu as my main operating system.

I note that Ubuntu has a "Windows" icon that appears to offer a portal into Windows folders, but currently I see nothing in them (I see the folder names, but no fies). I assume I have to do something to make my folders and files shared, but I just don't know.

I'd also like to make my Ubuntu folders visible from Windows 10.

Can anyone advise on the steps I need to take, please?

I also have one weird little problem with Ubuntu... If I boot without an SD card in the laptop's built-in reader, it appears that the device isn't initialised and/or mounted... I get no SD card icon, and if I subsequently insert a card, the operating system doesn't see it. But, if I have a card in there at boot-up, it's fine. Any ideas as to why this is and what I can do to resolve it?

Thanks in advance!

02-15-2017, 04:05 AM - 2 Likes   #2
Closed Account

Photos: Gallery
Hi Mike. I have no real idea if this is of any use, but I hope it can give you some clues. When the " universe " was passing out computer smarts, I was standing in the free chocolate line !! Good luck buddy.

How to Share File between Ubuntu and Windows 10? - Technig
02-15-2017, 09:24 AM - 1 Like   #3
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by pjv Quote
Hi Mike. I have no real idea if this is of any use, but I hope it can give you some clues. When the " universe " was passing out computer smarts, I was standing in the free chocolate line !! Good luck buddy.

How to Share File between Ubuntu and Windows 10? - Technig
Thanks, Pete - all sorted now! Much appreciated