Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-12-2017, 06:10 AM   #61
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by MarkJerling Quote
Originally posted by Kerrowdown
I fear that I maybe in a category... all by myself.

Awesome Music Highland Laddie ~ Royal Scots Dragoon Guards. - YouTube
Thank You. THANK YOU. THANK YOU !!!!!

That brought tears of joy to my rheumy old eyes - it's not only the music, it's the emotion. My joy was doubled when, on the same page,
I found a link of a rebuilt Spam Can showing a DMU who's boss. Sunday will never be the same.

03-12-2017, 06:12 AM - 1 Like   #62
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Kerrowdown Quote
Thank you, I wont comment further as I'm still sitting in the naughty corner.
it is kinda cramped in here, move over

I bet there are more posters coming to join us at some point and time
03-12-2017, 06:14 AM   #63
PEG Gallery Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Hielands o' Scootlund....... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand"..............William Blake
Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Aslyfox Quote
it is kinda cramped over here, move over
mmmmmmmmmm, can't speak just now.
03-12-2017, 06:42 AM   #64
Site Supporter
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Site Supporter

Original Poster
NEW CATEGORY: Thread Degenerators

Came back over here this morning and damn it to hell...this thread has gone south, been hijacked, and is unrecognizable from the original topic.

Which brings a smile to my face, which is not easy this early on a Sunday morning....My favorite category has taken control of the thread......long live The Jokers!

Nothing is worse than a poster with no sense of humor. I suspected when I started this that you Jokers would show up sooner than later...and you damn sure did! All hail to the Jokers!

Jokers know how to live life to the fullest.....damn fun, isn't it!

Regards!

03-12-2017, 12:17 PM   #65
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Kerrowdown Quote
I fear that I maybe in a category... all by myself.

Awesome Music Highland Laddie ~ Royal Scots Dragoon Guards. - YouTube

I was playing that this morning!

QuoteOriginally posted by Aslyfox Quote
well, if there is Haggis available at the meeting, perhaps it will be worth it
Hell yeah!
I love haggis!

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
...and listen to bagpipes...
03-12-2017, 01:32 PM   #66
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by bertwert Quote
...and listen to bagpipes...
In a recent on line poll, people were given a choice of listening to bagpipes or the screams of a cat being castrated. 94% of them chose the cat screams. Cruel as it sounds....so did I.

You know Bert...it's easy to start your own poll here......just sayin'....

Regards!
03-14-2017, 12:11 PM - 1 Like   #67
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

Being a dog person as opposed to house cats

The more cat screams the better

Bag pipes, like real bow ties, are cool
03-14-2017, 12:54 PM   #68
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by ffking Quote
that's me too - how about the photography enthusiast?

PS - what about the Doom Merchant - not a troll, as no intent to upset others, just a very negative attitude to everything Pentax.

Those are good. How about Weekend Warrior? I frequently have a photo outing planned for the weekend (unemployment changed my habits, though) and go out to give it my best shot. Not much of a technocrat - just enough to to choose the right lens or two. Shoot mostly on P (with EV comp) and don't care. I enjoy PP as part of the routine, but have not figured out about navigating layers or why I would want to. I never use the word "bokeh" or "equivalency". Went to Johnson Space Center, missed the rockets...

Aren't "lurkers" underreported by their nature?

Last edited by SpecialK; 03-14-2017 at 08:58 PM.
03-14-2017, 01:57 PM   #69
Pentaxian

New category; Armchair wishers.

An armchair wisher is a person that due to his/her decisions, and/or circumstances that he/she might have or have not been able to control, will post in threads from time to time and might even start a few. Will help other members when he/she can. Wants to go out and photograph more things, scenes, and people but due to said circumstances can not. Wants to support the forum but can not afford to donate. And finally, slightly jealous and envious ( not in a mad at the world way, just sad that he/she can't afford the new stuff way) when other members talk about getting a new (insert camera or lens here) and knowing he/she can only wish they could afford one of the above.

I fight right in that category. I can also be put into the joker one too.
03-16-2017, 07:10 AM   #70
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
I purposely left this "Poster" out of my list, but we all know them. They are in almost every photo thread on PF at one time or another....and all too often. They know who they are, but it has no effect on them, they are so self-centered and are totally blind that they might not be the "only person here". UGLY dudes they are!

PentaxForums.com

Looks like Otis read your post BigDavePhoto...and donated to make you a SITE SUPPORTER. Congratulations!

Same for you SpecialK!......SITE SUPPORTER....he must be in a really good mood this morning? Could be because I just saw the Beer Truck pull up into the Woods of Otis on this nice Spring day here?

Otis does what he can to help his fellow Pentaxians, a little here, a little there, it does add up. Help him out by helping others in whatever ways you can, and always defend handsome squirrels against the "Squirrel Haters" if the need arises.

Thanks from Otis for your participation here, and not being "Ugly Posters"! Enjoy your new benefits as SITE SUPPORTERS!

Regards!sq1sq2

[

---------- Post added 03-16-17 at 09:15 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by SpecialK Quote
Those are good. How about Weekend Warrior? I frequently have a photo outing planned for the weekend (unemployment changed my habits, though) and go out to give it my best shot. Not much of a technocrat - just enough to to choose the right lens or two. Shoot mostly on P (with EV comp) and don't care. I enjoy PP as part of the routine, but have not figured out about navigating layers or why I would want to. I never use the word "bokeh" or "equivalency". Went to Johnson Space Center, missed the rockets...

Aren't "lurkers" underreported by their nature?
QuoteOriginally posted by bigdavephoto Quote
New category; Armchair wishers.

An armchair wisher is a person that due to his/her decisions, and/or circumstances that he/she might have or have not been able to control, will post in threads from time to time and might even start a few. Will help other members when he/she can. Wants to go out and photograph more things, scenes, and people but due to said circumstances can not. Wants to support the forum but can not afford to donate. And finally, slightly jealous and envious ( not in a mad at the world way, just sad that he/she can't afford the new stuff way) when other members talk about getting a new (insert camera or lens here) and knowing he/she can only wish they could afford one of the above.

I fight right in that category. I can also be put into the joker one too
Forgot to add...Otis wanted to buy you both a new K1 and a 150-450 Pentax lens so you could get out and shoot handsome squirrels......when I reminded him that Summer is near and that would mostly wipe out his Beer Fund, he decided he'd pass on that idea for a while....but you were close! ....maybe next time? You never know about Otis!

Best Regards!

Last edited by Rupert; 03-16-2017 at 07:19 AM.
03-16-2017, 09:36 AM   #71
Pentaxian

I purposely left this "Poster" out of my list, but we all know them. They are in almost every photo thread on PF at one time or another....and all too often. They know who they are, but it has no effect on them, they are so self-centered and are totally blind that they might not be the "only person here". UGLY dudes they are!

PentaxForums.com

Looks like Otis read your post BigDavePhoto...and donated to make you a SITE SUPPORTER. Congratulations!

Same for you SpecialK!......SITE SUPPORTER....he must be in a really good mood this morning? Could be because I just saw the Beer Truck pull up into the Woods of Otis on this nice Spring day here?

Otis does what he can to help his fellow Pentaxians, a little here, a little there, it does add up. Help him out by helping others in whatever ways you can, and always defend handsome squirrels against the "Squirrel Haters" if the need arises.

Thanks from Otis for your participation here, and not being "Ugly Posters"! Enjoy your new benefits as SITE SUPPORTERS!

Regards!:sq1::sq2:

[

---------- Post added 03-16-17 at 09:15 AM ----------

Forgot to add...Otis wanted to buy you both a new K1 and a 150-450 Pentax lens so you could get out and shoot handsome squirrels......when I reminded him that Summer is near and that would mostly wipe out his Beer Fund, he decided he'd pass on that idea for a while....but you were close! ....maybe next time? You never know about Otis!

Best Regards!

Thank you Rupert. The next time you see Otis, thank him for me too. I mean, really, Thank you. I truly wasn't asking for another member to donate in my name, but this tells me how wonderful the people here on Pentax Forums are. The members here try to help each other out when they can. Even I, in the position that I am in have been able to help others on here. It is a good feeling when ever you can do something for another person.

Thank you again Rupert and Otis.
03-16-2017, 09:54 AM   #72
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by bigdavephoto Quote
Thank you again Rupert and Otis.
You are most welcome and deserving! We need to help each other as much as we can, here and in our daily lives. We often think because we can't do large things, small things don't count, but they count more than we realize. Otis understands this.....not that he is without fault or flaw, though he would never admit it!

A kind word, a little card to someone in need, a free lunch to someone hungry....sympathy when appropriate, they all matter. There are two kinds of people in this world...those that care and have some empathy, and those that don't. Some of both is in all of us, the goal is to root out the bad part and enhance the good.....at least that is what Otis says...and everyone knows Otis is always right!

Best Regards!

Otis appreciates good thoughts of him...but most of all he appreciates when people call him "Damn Handsome!"
03-16-2017, 11:37 PM   #73
Pentaxian

Thanks, Rupert! I was wondering where that came from :-)
03-17-2017, 05:52 AM   #74
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by SpecialK Quote
Thanks, Rupert! I was wondering where that came from :-)
You too are most welcome SpecialK! But the thanks go to Otis Squirrel, he is the one that has all the cash and loves to spend it...so long as it doesn't cut into his beer fund!
I'm not really a drinker, a glass of red wine before bedtime is about it for me, but you would never know it from all the empty beer cans/bottles thrown out in the Woods of Otis. These guys love their cold refreshments as the Texas sun begins to heat up again every Spring.

Best Regards & Keep up the good work here at PF!
03-17-2017, 06:36 AM   #75
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Another category....fair weather photographer.
Not willing to test the weatherproofing Pentax provides.
There could also be the foul weather photographer! In Pentax he trusts.
Hopefully Pentax is also proof against crying, sneezing and dribbling