Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 17 Likes Search this Thread
03-20-2017, 12:57 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by AussieTrev Quote
Had a phone call last year that I had a car crash in Newcastle NSW. When pushed it was said it was in Hunter St. Thought of those words some older Australians would recall, "Never let a chance go by oh lord." Hence I hung up.
Sung by Bob Hudson - I first heard it on 2JJ (before it became Triple-J)

03-20-2017, 01:32 AM   #17
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by p38arover Quote
Sung by Bob Hudson - I first heard it on 2JJ
Ahh, memories. 2JJ was best JJ. John J Francis - great midnight-to-dawn memories.
03-20-2017, 01:37 AM   #18
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
JJJ do run a digital retro station for the over 30's ...

Double J
03-20-2017, 01:40 AM   #19
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by p38arover Quote
Sung by Bob Hudson - I first heard it on 2JJ (before it became Triple-J)
Spot on it's still available on iTunes.

03-20-2017, 02:20 AM   #20
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by clackers Quote
JJJ do run a digital retro station for the over 30's ...
Pity no-one can retro replay the Whitlam dismissal, the Fraser years, my first romances ...
03-21-2017, 08:35 AM   #21
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
Many thanks to members who responded! On the advice of ... someone! ... I forwarded the possible spoof to spoof@paypal.com. I opened my PayPal account in a browser window and lo and behold! There had been a problem. They requested that I verify information that they already had from me, change my password, and all is well.
03-23-2017, 08:12 AM   #22
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by rawr Quote
Pity no-one can retro replay the Whitlam dismissal, the Fraser years, my first romances ...
Retro-replay, or do-over? (Rhetorical question only - your answer will say a lot about your politics and your love-life. )

03-25-2017, 07:05 AM - 1 Like   #23
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by robert52 Quote
Whilst your making up your mind I have a Bridge for sale that you might be able to invest in its only the Sydney Harbor Bridge makes good money every day trust me
I once got a call from a scammer selling 'investments.' I turned the conversation, telling him I needed to raise a few thousand to buy a bridge in Brooklyn. My plan was to put up toll booths on the bridge, make everyone pay to cross the bridge and if they loaned me the money, we would share the revenue. The guy on the other end actually said he would talk to his boss to see if his company would lend me the money to buy the bridge.
03-26-2017, 01:14 AM   #24
Veteran Member

Paypal been wanting my personal SSN since 2013. So I always get a notification when I login saying there's a "problem" with my account even though I provided them with every other form of identification conceivable including an EIN (employer identification number, which can be used in place of an SSN for tax purposes), mainly because I told them I did not trust their own employees to handle my SSN and keep it safe from identity theft.

So since 2013, my account is limited in the sense that I cannot :
- Add money to paypal from my bank.

But I can pay for things that get directly drafted from my bank/card or paypal balance, and I can transfer funds from paypal to bank, just not the other way around. They say of course it is because they want to prevent money laundering, but I know they actually want it to track down any previous accounts that are due, which makes more sense especially when they had a rash of account locks with no recourse to get money back from your account (like back in 2006-2007 when a single person pays with a stolen credit card, they end up locking up the entire seller's account, and holding all the money within, with no way to get it back because of one fraudulent buyer).