Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-13-2008, 03:18 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Beware of Vivitar battery holders on ebay

I just saw thread about the fake memory cards and thought I would post this. This is NOT a rant or a way to get back at a vendor - this is a Buyer BEWARE thread.

Just received some replacement Vivitar 283 and 285 battery holder I purchased from Bruce Woodman of American Eagle over ebay.

They are CHEAP and totally DO NOT fit. If you force them into the compartment they WILL get stuck.
The plastic is cheap and the walls/fins are thicker than they should be.

"Complain all you want" says the vendor, knowing damn well that it would cost me more money to return them to him.

I thought I was purchasing "overstock" (my emphasis) but NO - I got cheaply made merchandise.

In hind sight, I should have bid on a complete flash.

08-13-2008, 08:51 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Here's a surprising update.

Just received notice from PayPal that the vendor has acceded to my request for a full refund - that's good news for me.

STILL - it doesn't change the fact the holders are badly manufactured and should not be on sale on the Bay of Thieves.
10-03-2008, 06:40 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Ha ha ha!!

I had purschase 5x of those and same thing here.. then found a different seller and bought 2x, it was not original replacement but it fit a BIT better at least...
10-04-2008, 04:50 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Bear, would you mind posting the vendor for future reference?
Thanks