Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 12 Likes Search this Thread
05-15-2017, 11:53 AM   #16
bxf
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
Otis Squirrel is proud to honor you with one of his highest awards.
Aw shucks, I am truly flattered, and honored.

He has also seen fit to upgrade your status to Site Supporter with all of the accompanying benefits!
You gotta be $*ing me! You really shouldn't have, but many sincere thanks. I am humbled by your gesture.

All the best.

Bill

05-15-2017, 01:06 PM   #17
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by bxf Quote
Aw shucks, I am truly flattered, and honored.
QuoteOriginally posted by bxf Quote
ou gotta be $*ing me! You really shouldn't have, but many sincere thanks. I am humbled by your gesture.

All the best.

Bill
You are most welcome.....Thank Otis Squirrel and his "Otis Appreciation Society" , dedicated to helping worthy Pentaxians.

You are also welcome to install the Otis Appreciation Seal in your signature area and help other Pentaxians in any manner you feel you can. Helping newbies, offering solutions to problems, or just being a cordial poster and involving yourself in the activity here at PF.

The seal is not mandatory of course, but many wear it with pride! When you see it, you know you see a "good guy" or gal willing to help others.

Best Regards!
05-15-2017, 11:45 PM - 1 Like   #18
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by csa Quote
For my 8th grade graduation,.
Eighth grade? Crikey, that's just after starting high school - why would one have a graduation then? Sounds like having graduation from pre-school or kindergarten! (I've heard they do that in America.)
05-16-2017, 01:37 AM - 1 Like   #19

QuoteOriginally posted by p38arover Quote
Eighth grade? Crikey, that's just after starting high school - why would one have a graduation then? Sounds like having graduation from pre-school or kindergarten! (I've heard they do that in America.)
Hey why not we have a cerebration for getting through the week. Now wonder we all becoming a nanny sate more & more each day.
If hes going off to collage why not a talking about the life of sex drugs & rockin roll. Maybe be a box of condoms

05-16-2017, 02:41 AM - 1 Like   #20
Veteran Member

He might then expect to have the fun seen in the dorm videos!
05-16-2017, 02:48 AM   #21
Pentaxian

The seal is not mandatory of course, but many wear it with pride!
Seal ? I thought it was a squirrel !
05-16-2017, 03:06 AM   #22
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

It must be an Aussie thing because I'm with p38 and Sandy on this one.

05-16-2017, 04:42 AM   #23
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
My simple advice is.....

.... you're mostly there to share a proud day with a dad.... make sure your presence there with your co-worker reflects that.... as far as the present for his son goes.... no point being cheap... more $50+ given your professionally employed and a few $ doesn't matter once it's spent.... (but cheapness has a way of hanging around!... I'd probally go a $100 if I could). Given you're not real close to the family or the kid, I wouldn't stress to much over finding a deep and meaniful gift... voucher seems reasonable to me.

Also as per Sandy's words, if you can be of some assistance, offer it if you're comfortable in following through.... otherwise don't.

Last edited by noelpolar; 05-16-2017 at 04:55 AM.
05-16-2017, 05:14 AM - 1 Like   #24
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
(I've heard they do that in America.)
Ron, you need to catch up!! We do that in lots of kindies in Oz too. And from primary school!
(When I say "we" I don't include myself in such lunacy.)
05-16-2017, 05:25 AM   #25
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Opinions vary here considerably. However, it is undeniable that humans love to be praised and receive recognition, even for trivial little achievements.
Who doesn't like to get a "Like" response here at PF when they post a shot they think is worthy? We are creatures that adore recognition, it is just how we are. Nothing wrong with that, it is completely normal.

"Hey, you don't think we pose just because we are egotistical self-centered narcissistic creatures...do you? Heck no! We pose for the rewards!"

I rest my case! Regards!
05-16-2017, 05:44 AM   #26
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by rod_grant Quote
Ron, you need to catch up!! We do that in lots of kindies in Oz too. And from primary school!
(When I say "we" I don't include myself in such lunacy.)
Crikey, we are getting more like the USA every day! Don't get me started on newspapers and TV reports now using the term "bathroom" instead of "toilet"!
05-16-2017, 07:39 AM   #27
csa
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

No, 8th grade here is before starting high school! Why do our traditions bother someone not living here so much??? That's exactly what it is, traditions. Graduating 8th grade is a major step here, and then graduating high school is another. I'm very glad that my mother thought enough of my accomplishments to give me a lasting gift on each graduation. On each of these graduations, a diploma was also issued by the school, so it was a "big deal" for those graduating.

Hard to understand that people that hate our traditions, words we use, etc., really love a USA forum!