Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 9 Likes Search this Thread
05-25-2017, 05:02 AM   #16
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
IIRC, Moore found the Ian Fleming novels silly and didn't want to play the role as straight as Connery. The writers picked up on his hamming things up and so the wisecracks and double entendres escalated in his films.

05-25-2017, 06:32 AM - 1 Like   #17
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by clackers Quote
IIRC, Moore found the Ian Fleming novels silly and didn't want to play the role as straight as Connery. The writers picked up on his hamming things up and so the wisecracks and double entendres escalated in his films.
As I said, he entertained millions

He was an intelligent man from what I can tell, so I believe you are right about his feelings about the Bond role

And the Bond movies usually were not true to Fleming''s books, just used his name and titles of the books
05-25-2017, 08:40 PM   #18
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Aslyfox Quote

And the Bond movies usually were not true to Fleming''s books, just used his name and titles of the books
Well, especially the later ones.

Not a bad thing. To me, I read 'em and thought they were sadistic and misogynistic even by the standards of the 1950s.

You can either mock them as Moore did, or go with the darkness, as Daniel Craig chose.

I love that Roger knew his limitations, saying something like that if asked to act, he'd raise one eyebrow, and to really act, two eyebrows.
05-30-2017, 05:35 PM   #19
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Roger Moore was THE best James Bond!

I loved his films when I was a kid acknowledging his tongue 'n cheek even then, his films were a very like early Batman. Live and Let Die was on TV before he died and I loved watching it again, remember when he runs across the crocodiles? You wouldn't see Daniel Craig (I like him in other films) doing this would you? No, too serious and a load of modern boring fighting scenes that have been copied since Mission Impossible and re-puked in 100's of others. The new bond films are crap and no fun! Roger was THE COOL DUDE and a proper gentleman too. R.I.P

FILMS=Movies where I live

05-30-2017, 06:25 PM - 1 Like   #20
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by nocturnal Quote
Roger Moore was THE best James Bond!
Asked to rank himself, Moore said: "I think a little bit behind George Lazenby, I suppose,"

Ever the entertainer.