Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 5 Likes Search this Thread
06-01-2017, 06:14 PM   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Facebook account hassle

I can not log into my Facebook account because my posting nickname does not match my account name. I use a spelled out initial "Gee" as my posting last name. I've already sent them a redacted copy of my ID. They do not understand or can not figure it out. Certainly they have my name, birthday and I assume zipcode on file somewhere...

Anyone else?

06-01-2017, 07:06 PM - 1 Like   #2

There should be a verification procedure where they make you identify a bunch of your facebook contacts.
06-08-2017, 08:00 AM   #3

Can't you restore your account via your email address?
06-24-2017, 09:14 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Can't you simply log in with your e-mail address and password?

06-24-2017, 10:59 PM   #5
Veteran Member

No, its called FB jail, and probably you have been reported. If you provided IDs, its becuase they are requesting it, insomuch it means they are studying your case. You will recover your FB, but you will not have a posting name. You will be allowed to use your real name, and you will not have any more tries to change it on the General setup options..
08-11-2017, 03:53 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Another reason to dislike FB. I only use it via my camera club. We have a "closed" version as that is the only way we can distribute our photos among club members. If you aren't in the club, you can't see any pics, and we have a pretty good size club - 73 members. If not for pic sharing, I wouldn't set foot in FB.
08-11-2017, 04:42 PM   #7
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by cardinal43 Quote
Another reason to dislike FB. I only use it via my camera club. We have a "closed" version as that is the only way we can distribute our photos among club members. If you aren't in the club, you can't see any pics, and we have a pretty good size club - 73 members. If not for pic sharing, I wouldn't set foot in FB.
I used FB for 3 things: watched some standup comedy by an actress I am a fan of and actually met after much persuading; posting/tracking junior rodeo photos which earned me $75 the first year, $0 the next; injecting a little voice of reason on some MSN comment pages and FB is one of the log-in methods there.

FB is functioning again but it uses my last name, though MSN no longer can handle comments.

08-15-2017, 04:00 PM - 2 Likes   #8
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

I don't do Facebook
I've never done Facebook
I will never do Facebook

I don't understand the need to tell EVERYONE about EVERYTHING I'm doing, have ever done, or am planning on ever doing.
08-17-2017, 04:28 AM - 2 Likes   #9
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
I don't do Facebook
I've never done Facebook
I will never do Facebook

I don't understand the need to tell EVERYONE about EVERYTHING I'm doing, have ever done, or am planning on ever doing.
Me too neither. Your comment would have me all a twitter but I don't use that either. Now excuse me while I go have breakfast. I just relaxing a bit after my morning walk. BTW it was cool enough to see my breath this morning.................................
08-18-2017, 11:20 AM   #10
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
I don't understand it either, so it's a good thing that it has absolutely nothing to do with how anyone HAS to use Facebook.
08-18-2017, 11:40 AM   #11
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by SpecialK Quote
I can not log into my Facebook account because my posting nickname does not match my account name. I use a spelled out initial "Gee" as my posting last name. I've already sent them a redacted copy of my ID. They do not understand or can not figure it out. Certainly they have my name, birthday and I assume zipcode on file somewhere...

Anyone else?
Have you tried logging in using your phone number? This will work if they have it on record.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
08-18-2017, 03:31 PM   #12
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Have you tried logging in using your phone number? This will work if they have it on record.
It works for what I need it for - nothing - so anything else is too much effort :-)