Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 23 Likes Search this Thread
06-23-2017, 08:38 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Otis Appreciation Society?

I see an Otis Appreciation badge on the signature of several users throughout this forum. Can someone enlighten me as to what that's about? Heck -- I may want to join in celebrating whomever this mysterious Otis guy.

06-23-2017, 09:05 AM   #2
Veteran Member

@Rupert
06-23-2017, 09:19 AM   #3
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by ripper2860 Quote
I see an Otis Appreciation badge on the signature of several users throughout this forum. Can someone enlighten me as to what that's about? Heck -- I may want to join in celebrating whomever this mysterious Otis guy.
Otis rules

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/76-non-pentax-cameras-canon-nikon-etc/26...rel-shots.html
06-23-2017, 09:19 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by bertwert Quote
@Rupert
Rupert??

QuoteOriginally posted by Aslyfox Quote
Otis rules
Thanks for the link. If that's not the longest thread on this forum, it's darn close. And it seems to have stayed on-topic throughout. Rupert (a fellow Texan) looks like someone extremely fond of 'safe-for work' squirrel shots.

Holy cow -- just saw his post count!! What a prolific contributor to PF. Truly worthy of appreciation!! Now a follow-up question ...

Why is it the OTIS Appreciation Society an not the Rupert Appreciation Society?

Last edited by ripper2860; 06-23-2017 at 09:35 AM.
06-23-2017, 09:40 AM   #5
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Because it's about Otis the squirrel, who appreciates squirrels. Who likes seeing squirrels in Rupert's thread.
06-23-2017, 09:48 AM - 1 Like   #6
Veteran Member

Thanks for the link. If that's not the longest thread on this forum, it's darn close.
Not even close... it's only 112 pages, the longest thread is 2504 pages (at the time of writing)...

why I won't buy a k3 (Warning: Satire Thread) - PentaxForums.com
06-23-2017, 09:53 AM   #7
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by photolady95 Quote
Because it's about Otis the squirrel, who appreciates squirrels. Who likes seeing squirrels in Rupert's thread.
Otis is in control

Rupert and others clearly admit that

06-23-2017, 09:55 AM - 2 Likes   #8
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
I see an Otis Appreciation badge on the signature of several users throughout this forum. Can someone enlighten me as to what that's about?
Otis and his minions are everywhere.

Resistance is futile.

Cross him and he will send his disciples to chew the insulation off of the wiring harness of your Jeep.

Don't have a Jeep?

No problem.

They will do it to whatever car you own.

Don't own a car? What are you, from New York City?

Heck -- I may want to join in celebrating whomever this mysterious Otis guy.
There are no other options other than joining.

Besides, like you, Otis is also a Texan. He resides about 35 or 40 miles outside of Dallas/Fort Worth.

06-23-2017, 09:56 AM   #9
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
Because Otis wouldn't have it any other way.
06-23-2017, 01:01 PM - 2 Likes   #10
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Just got around to seeing this.....The Otis Appreciation Society is all about appreciation of Pentax and Pentaxians. It is not about Otis or Rupert...though Otis is instrumental in doing some "appreciating". Little things like helping newbies to get started here at PF or encouraging newcomers to post and join in the conversations. Often, Otis will pitch in and spend his own cash to upgrade a members status to Site Supporter...or even higher. Whatever one can do to help other Pentaxians is welcomed by those that are Otis Appreciation Members.

You are most welcome to join in.....the logo is free and if you need any help installing it any of us can gladly help you. I might add that the Otis Appreciation Logo was designed by Mark Jerling, on of our finest members here on PForums. We do appreciate his contributions to making this the great site it is!

Best Regards!
Rupert

( I'd let Otis add a few lines, but he is off this week in the Caribbean on a squirrel conference judging bikini attire and sampling little umbrella drinks...)
06-23-2017, 01:17 PM   #11
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
Just got around to seeing this.....The Otis Appreciation Society is all about appreciation of Pentax and Pentaxians. It is not about Otis or Rupert...though Otis is instrumental in doing some "appreciating". Little things like helping newbies to get started here at PF or encouraging newcomers to post and join in the conversations. Often, Otis will pitch in and spend his own cash to upgrade a members status to Site Supporter...or even higher. Whatever one can do to help other Pentaxians is welcomed by those that are Otis Appreciation Members.

You are most welcome to join in.....the logo is free and if you need any help installing it any of us can gladly help you. I might add that the Otis Appreciation Logo was designed by Mark Jerling, on of our finest members here on PForums. We do appreciate his contributions to making this the great site it is!

Best Regards!
Rupert

( I'd let Otis add a few lines, but he is off this week in the Caribbean on a squirrel conference judging bikini attire and sampling little umbrella drinks...)
Otis made Rupert say all of that

Otis and his minions rule
06-23-2017, 01:30 PM   #12
Veteran Member

Original Poster

Best Regards!
Rupert

Certainly a group with a worthwhile mission. How does one sign-up? Is there an entrance fee of acorns or must I pledge and endure some sort of squirrel hazing before becoming a member?
06-23-2017, 01:38 PM - 1 Like   #13
Pentaxian

Certainly a group with a worthwhile mission. How does one sign-up? Is there an entrance fee of acorns or must I pledge and endure some sort of squirrel hazing before becoming a member?
You have to send Rupert a 13 gallon bag of green pine cones from a loblolly pine to feed Otis.
06-23-2017, 01:58 PM - 1 Like   #14
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Nothing that complicated...just promise to help other Pentaxans in any way you find available and bring honor to the Otis Appreciation Society. ( An area where I have failed more than a few times, unfortunately.)

Just download the Seal and you are in!

Otis says that if it is too easy, you can take a test like this one where you must counterbalance on a limb....few have the correct "equipment" to pass...which is why it is not mandatory!

If you join, you will get this award...all Otis Members are Big Brain Thinkers!

Best Regards!
06-23-2017, 02:22 PM   #15
Veteran Member

If you join, you will get this award...all Otis Members are Big Brain Thinkers!
Hence why Rupert has failed a few times to help other Pentaxians, he isn't a real member of the Society...wait...what?