Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-23-2017, 08:38 AM   #1
Pentaxian
ripper2860's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 890
Otis Appreciation Society?

I see an Otis Appreciation badge on the signature of several users throughout this forum. Can someone enlighten me as to what that's about? Heck -- I may want to join in celebrating whomever this mysterious Otis guy.

06-23-2017, 09:05 AM   #2
Resident Bagpiper
Loyal Site Supporter
bertwert's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Golden, BC
Photos: Albums
Posts: 10,066
@Rupert
06-23-2017, 09:19 AM   #3
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter
aslyfox's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Topeka, Kansas
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 11,496
QuoteOriginally posted by ripper2860 Quote
I see an Otis Appreciation badge on the signature of several users throughout this forum. Can someone enlighten me as to what that's about? Heck -- I may want to join in celebrating whomever this mysterious Otis guy.
Otis rules


https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/76-non-pentax-cameras-canon-nikon-etc/26...rel-shots.html
06-23-2017, 09:19 AM   #4
Pentaxian
ripper2860's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 890
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by bertwert Quote
@Rupert
Rupert??

QuoteOriginally posted by Aslyfox Quote
Otis rules
Thanks for the link. If that's not the longest thread on this forum, it's darn close. And it seems to have stayed on-topic throughout. Rupert (a fellow Texan) looks like someone extremely fond of 'safe-for work' squirrel shots.

Holy cow -- just saw his post count!! What a prolific contributor to PF. Truly worthy of appreciation!! Now a follow-up question ...

Why is it the OTIS Appreciation Society an not the Rupert Appreciation Society?


Last edited by ripper2860; 06-23-2017 at 09:35 AM.
06-23-2017, 09:40 AM   #5
Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
photolady95's Avatar

Join Date: May 2009
Location: Cruising PentaxForums and watching your back.
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 10,756
Because it's about Otis the squirrel, who appreciates squirrels. Who likes seeing squirrels in Rupert's thread.
06-23-2017, 09:48 AM - 1 Like   #6
Resident Bagpiper
Loyal Site Supporter
bertwert's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Golden, BC
Photos: Albums
Posts: 10,066
QuoteOriginally posted by ripper2860 Quote
Thanks for the link. If that's not the longest thread on this forum, it's darn close.
Not even close... it's only 112 pages, the longest thread is 2504 pages (at the time of writing)...

why I won't buy a k3 (Warning: Satire Thread) - PentaxForums.com
06-23-2017, 09:53 AM   #7
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter
aslyfox's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Topeka, Kansas
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 11,496
QuoteOriginally posted by photolady95 Quote
Because it's about Otis the squirrel, who appreciates squirrels. Who likes seeing squirrels in Rupert's thread.
Otis is in control

Rupert and others clearly admit that
06-23-2017, 09:55 AM - 2 Likes   #8
Moderator
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter
Racer X 69's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: The Great Pacific Northwet
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 15,378
QuoteOriginally posted by ripper2860 Quote
I see an Otis Appreciation badge on the signature of several users throughout this forum. Can someone enlighten me as to what that's about?
Otis and his minions are everywhere.

Resistance is futile.

Cross him and he will send his disciples to chew the insulation off of the wiring harness of your Jeep.

Don't have a Jeep?

No problem.

They will do it to whatever car you own.

Don't own a car? What are you, from New York City?

QuoteOriginally posted by ripper2860 Quote
Heck -- I may want to join in celebrating whomever this mysterious Otis guy.
There are no other options other than joining.

Besides, like you, Otis is also a Texan. He resides about 35 or 40 miles outside of Dallas/Fort Worth.

Sign up, before you find out your car won't start.

06-23-2017, 09:56 AM   #9
Moderator
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter
Racer X 69's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: The Great Pacific Northwet
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 15,378
QuoteOriginally posted by ripper2860 Quote
Why is it the OTIS Appreciation Society an not the Rupert Appreciation Society?
Because Otis wouldn't have it any other way.
06-23-2017, 01:01 PM - 2 Likes   #10
Site Supporter
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Site Supporter
Rupert's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Texas
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 25,126
QuoteOriginally posted by ripper2860 Quote
Why is it the OTIS Appreciation Society an not the Rupert Appreciation Society?
Just got around to seeing this.....The Otis Appreciation Society is all about appreciation of Pentax and Pentaxians. It is not about Otis or Rupert...though Otis is instrumental in doing some "appreciating". Little things like helping newbies to get started here at PF or encouraging newcomers to post and join in the conversations. Often, Otis will pitch in and spend his own cash to upgrade a members status to Site Supporter...or even higher. Whatever one can do to help other Pentaxians is welcomed by those that are Otis Appreciation Members.

You are most welcome to join in.....the logo is free and if you need any help installing it any of us can gladly help you. I might add that the Otis Appreciation Logo was designed by Mark Jerling, on of our finest members here on PForums. We do appreciate his contributions to making this the great site it is!

Best Regards!
Rupert

( I'd let Otis add a few lines, but he is off this week in the Caribbean on a squirrel conference judging bikini attire and sampling little umbrella drinks...)
06-23-2017, 01:17 PM   #11
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter
aslyfox's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Topeka, Kansas
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 11,496
QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
Just got around to seeing this.....The Otis Appreciation Society is all about appreciation of Pentax and Pentaxians. It is not about Otis or Rupert...though Otis is instrumental in doing some "appreciating". Little things like helping newbies to get started here at PF or encouraging newcomers to post and join in the conversations. Often, Otis will pitch in and spend his own cash to upgrade a members status to Site Supporter...or even higher. Whatever one can do to help other Pentaxians is welcomed by those that are Otis Appreciation Members.

You are most welcome to join in.....the logo is free and if you need any help installing it any of us can gladly help you. I might add that the Otis Appreciation Logo was designed by Mark Jerling, on of our finest members here on PForums. We do appreciate his contributions to making this the great site it is!

Best Regards!
Rupert

( I'd let Otis add a few lines, but he is off this week in the Caribbean on a squirrel conference judging bikini attire and sampling little umbrella drinks...)
Otis made Rupert say all of that

Otis and his minions rule
06-23-2017, 01:30 PM   #12
Pentaxian
ripper2860's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 890
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
Just got around to seeing this.....The Otis Appreciation Society is all about appreciation of Pentax and Pentaxians. It is not about Otis or Rupert...though Otis is instrumental in doing some "appreciating". Little things like helping newbies to get started here at PF or encouraging newcomers to post and join in the conversations. Often, Otis will pitch in and spend his own cash to upgrade a members status to Site Supporter...or even higher. Whatever one can do to help other Pentaxians is welcomed by those that are Otis Appreciation Members.

You are most welcome to join in.....the logo is free and if you need any help installing it any of us can gladly help you. I might add that the Otis Appreciation Logo was designed by Mark Jerling, on of our finest members here on PForums. We do appreciate his contributions to making this the great site it is!

Best Regards!
Rupert

( I'd let Otis add a few lines, but he is off this week in the Caribbean on a squirrel conference judging bikini attire and sampling little umbrella drinks...)
Certainly a group with a worthwhile mission. How does one sign-up? Is there an entrance fee of acorns or must I pledge and endure some sort of squirrel hazing before becoming a member?
06-23-2017, 01:38 PM - 1 Like   #13
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
sherrvonne's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Texas
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 1,921
QuoteOriginally posted by ripper2860 Quote
Certainly a group with a worthwhile mission. How does one sign-up? Is there an entrance fee of acorns or must I pledge and endure some sort of squirrel hazing before becoming a member?
You have to send Rupert a 13 gallon bag of green pine cones from a loblolly pine to feed Otis.
06-23-2017, 01:58 PM - 1 Like   #14
Site Supporter
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Site Supporter
Rupert's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Texas
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 25,126
QuoteOriginally posted by ripper2860 Quote
Certainly a group with a worthwhile mission. How does one sign-up? Is there an entrance fee of acorns or must I pledge and endure some sort of squirrel hazing before becoming a member?
Nothing that complicated...just promise to help other Pentaxans in any way you find available and bring honor to the Otis Appreciation Society. ( An area where I have failed more than a few times, unfortunately.)

Just download the Seal and you are in!

Otis says that if it is too easy, you can take a test like this one where you must counterbalance on a limb....few have the correct "equipment" to pass...which is why it is not mandatory!


If you join, you will get this award...all Otis Members are Big Brain Thinkers!


Best Regards!
06-23-2017, 02:22 PM   #15
Resident Bagpiper
Loyal Site Supporter
bertwert's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Golden, BC
Photos: Albums
Posts: 10,066
QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
If you join, you will get this award...all Otis Members are Big Brain Thinkers!
Hence why Rupert has failed a few times to help other Pentaxians, he isn't a real member of the Society...wait...what?
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
apple pie, appreciation, otis, otis appreciation
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
K-7 Appreciation - The Forefather Forgotten chickentender Pentax DSLR Discussion 70 08-31-2018 04:36 AM
Is Otis really Otis? LaurenOE General Talk 58 11-05-2016 11:28 AM
Appreciation of k-7 ergonomics aleonx3 Pentax DSLR Discussion 15 10-06-2010 10:29 PM
DA 40 Limited appreciation thread pingflood Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 36 11-28-2008 01:09 PM
Carolina Hurricanes Military Appreciation Day (Warning 56k users!!!!) Tyler Post Your Photos! 2 02-25-2008 10:00 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:23 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top