Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
06-25-2017, 12:45 PM   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Has anybody used a photo vest on a plane lately?

We are doing a big trip out West for the eclipse and then Yellowstone. I was thinking of a photo vest for carrying most of my gear on the plane.

Has anyone done this lately?

Thanks.

06-25-2017, 01:52 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
I'm sure they will hassle you. I'd ask the airline about the regulation so you can plan around the answer.
06-25-2017, 02:20 PM - 1 Like   #3
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
when ever I fly, I wear this vest from Cabela's which I purchased years ago

Cabela's Men's SafariŽ Vest : Cabela's

I preload all metallic items into the vest before security, put the vest into the bin and I am home free.

I could carry small camera and/or DSLR lenses in it if I want. It fits easily into the overhead or under the seat in front of me

I have never been asked about it, what are they going to say, you can't put things in your pockets???

however, you take your chances, obviously my stuff is better protected by my photo backpack which is my carry on item

I would never carry all of my camera stuff in such a vest even if I could

be warned, it gets heavy fast and unless you have a better memory than I do, you forget where you put stuff

Last edited by aslyfox; 06-25-2017 at 02:58 PM.