Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-27-2017, 10:03 PM - 3 Likes   #1
Pentaxian

Pentax Forums Appreciation Day

I am unilaterally declaring today Pentax Forums Appreciation Day Better yet, let's make it all week!

I got to thinking about this place and how much help it's been to me over the years and so many other people. I might not always post as much as I would like but I really do like coming here. The 'spirit' of this place is just fantastic.

I think we need to dedicate a day, or actually a week to say thank you to those who make this place tick.

Hats off to The Moderating Team, Adam, and all those who spend a good amount of time and effort into making this place work.

I also want to thank the forum members for keeping this place the kind of place that it is. Stay classy people!

Last edited by alamo5000; 11-23-2017 at 09:27 AM.
06-27-2017, 10:46 PM - 2 Likes   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
What day was the first Post made? That would be a good day of the year for an annual recognition - perhaps an annual photo posting day like World Pentax Day?
06-27-2017, 10:51 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
What day was the first Post made? That would be a good day of the year for an annual recognition - perhaps an annual photo posting day like World Pentax Day?
It was made on the 4th Wednesday in June. Just because.

We don't need a reason to have a party
06-28-2017, 04:40 AM - 1 Like   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I wonder how much affect this forum has had on keeping the Pentax brand alive? Has to have helped some.

I joined up in March 2012. I was getting back into photography after a long hiatus and didn't even know that Pentax made DSLR's. Nice to see that they still did. I have spent a lot on money on Pentax equipment since because of enablers here. K5, K5-IIs, K3,. MX-1, K1, DA 12-24, DA 55-300, D FA 150-450 and a D FA 28-105. This does not include other brands of lenses, tripods, three gimbal heads (I went through a period of GHBA) etc.

So thanks to Adam and all the mods. This is a great place to discuss Pentax, technology and photography in general. I have learned a lot on this site.

PS: The fourth Wednesday of any month is good because that is when my Social Security check arrives to help pay for all this stuff.

06-28-2017, 05:31 AM - 1 Like   #5
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by gaweidert Quote
I wonder how much affect this forum has had on keeping the Pentax brand alive? Has to have helped some.

I joined up in March 2012. I was getting back into photography after a long hiatus and didn't even know that Pentax made DSLR's. Nice to see that they still did. I have spent a lot on money on Pentax equipment since because of enablers here. K5, K5-IIs, K3,. MX-1, K1, DA 12-24, DA 55-300, D FA 150-450 and a D FA 28-105. This does not include other brands of lenses, tripods, three gimbal heads (I went through a period of GHBA) etc.

So thanks to Adam and all the mods. This is a great place to discuss Pentax, technology and photography in general. I have learned a lot on this site.

PS: The fourth Wednesday of any month is good because that is when my Social Security check arrives to help pay for all this stuff.
I have learned a lot from my short history of posting to this forum

I hope my photography has improved due to the influence of the fellow members advice, hints, suggestions and examples, I feel it has

Thanks to all but especially those who keep these forums member friendly for the pros, gifted amateurs and other learners like me
06-28-2017, 06:03 PM   #6
Pentaxian

I've been a stalwart Pentaxian since 1968. Next year in February, I'll have part of the fold for 50 years...year after that...1919...Pentax or at least the former parent company will mark it's 100th anniversary in 1919.

I must add my thanks to Adam and crew for the Pentax Forum. A great forum. First place I go to when I need some help...I'm amazed at the depth of knowledge so many PF members have.