Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-10-2017, 01:50 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
What Pentax Could Teach Blackberry

Both brands had a somewhat similar path yet one has seen the light. Both are/were superior platforms. A bit under the radar but still the best choices for serious people. Whereas Pentax has always progressed they have always stood by their legacy, made sure the users were accommodated and kept in the fold. Blackberry on the other hand rested on it's laurels, failed to innovate or even half-assedly keep up with the times. BBOS 10 while superior to Android & iOS was always hampered by bugs and hardware that was never addressed. Now they have completely turned their backs on those who stood by them, supported them, etc by putting out cheap TCL phones running Android, sure it says Blackberry on it but that's just a badge for which you pay 100-200usd extra for.Pentax has always supported their users, from the old film days to the new KP users can always find what they need and be accomodated relatively easily..... That is a true show of support and appreciation for all it's users, past, present, and future.
Just my $0.02 from both a Pentax and Blackberry user.....

08-10-2017, 03:23 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Blackberry is (was?) great for those of us (like me!) who likes real buttons. But don't get me started on phones. I've long used Windows Phone, which, as far as user experience goes, is lightyears ahead of the other offerings. But no-one buys them, so available apps are getting fewer and fewer.
08-10-2017, 04:14 PM   #3
KDD
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Blackberry was popular a long time ago. Now Blackberry not popular. Sad! They lost.