Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-15-2018, 06:45 PM   #151
Senior Member




Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: London
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 264
QuoteOriginally posted by ivanvernon Quote
What is the problem in shipping from UK to Russia? I regularly ship there from USA with no problems. Is there something that we should be aware of?
There are no special problems posting to Russia from the UK, or at least I've never run into any, it's at least as safe as (for example) Italy or Spain, and I post a lot of stuff there. But I've never sent anything to Russia that wasn't in the price bands covered by Royal Mail postal guarantees, something more expensive might be more of a problem.

04-16-2018, 01:02 AM   #152
Pentaxian




Join Date: May 2008
Location: London, UK
Posts: 577
QuoteOriginally posted by ivanvernon Quote
What is the problem in shipping from UK to Russia? I regularly ship there from USA with no problems. Is there something that we should be aware of?
That lens, when boxed up, is a large & heavy item and I just didn't want the responsibility and possible hassle of shipping it outside the UK - Simple as that for a item which I sold for over £350.
04-16-2018, 04:52 AM   #153
Senior Member




Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: London
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 264
QuoteOriginally posted by jeallen01 Quote
That lens, when boxed up, is a large & heavy item and I just didn't want the responsibility and possible hassle of shipping it outside the UK - Simple as that for a item which I sold for over £350.
This is pretty much what eBay's global shipping program is for - it costs the buyer much more than if you take care of things for yourself, but you only have to send the package to a UK address and make sure it's packed to withstand a lot of handling, you don't have to do all the paperwork for customs etc. I don't normally use it, but it's good for sending things like computers and big job lots, e.g. last year I sent a big passport camera that way, and I've sent several iMacs to Korea, Italy, etc.
04-16-2018, 09:01 AM   #154
Pentaxian




Join Date: May 2008
Location: London, UK
Posts: 577
QuoteOriginally posted by Marcus Rowland Quote
This is pretty much what eBay's global shipping program is for - it costs the buyer much more than if you take care of things for yourself, but you only have to send the package to a UK address and make sure it's packed to withstand a lot of handling, you don't have to do all the paperwork for customs etc. I don't normally use it, but it's good for sending things like computers and big job lots, e.g. last year I sent a big passport camera that way, and I've sent several iMacs to Korea, Italy, etc.
Marcus

There's a difference between you and I because I only sell a few items on ebay every 2-3 years, and so don't know all the "tricks of the trade" so to speak. As such, I wasn't even really aware of the GSP until all this came up, and so was concerned that I might get sucked into pricing international P&P too low &/or having the package damaged in transit (with all the consequential tribulations).

However, I'll bear all this "experience" in mind for the future!

04-16-2018, 11:46 AM   #155
Site Supporter
Site Supporter




Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: San Mateo, CA
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 133
I shipped my DFA 150-450 to KEH last week. I was happy with its build quality and output but I haven't used it in the last 14 months. Its size and weight are quite "impressive" but also inconvenient.

When I saw the DA*300 price of $900 direct from Pentax, that sealed the deal. So I guess I should report an acquisition as well.
04-16-2018, 06:26 PM   #156
Journeyman Cat Wrangler
Loyal Site Supporter
SSGGeezer's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Maine, U.S.
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 1,229
QuoteOriginally posted by Skewed Quote
I shipped my DFA 150-450 to KEH last week. I was happy with its build quality and output but I haven't used it in the last 14 months. Its size and weight are quite "impressive" but also inconvenient.

When I saw the DA*300 price of $900 direct from Pentax, that sealed the deal. So I guess I should report an acquisition as well.
Wouldn't you have gotten more money selling it her in the forums? How much did you get?
04-16-2018, 08:26 PM   #157
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
monochrome's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Kirkwood (St. Louis) MO USA
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 21,964
QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Sold the silver KP to a member who approached me with an offer. Selling all the APSc gear.
Turns out the silver KP has been re-accessioned*. The Powers That Be are telling me something.*

* Silver KP HD Silver 21, 40 and 70 makes a really nice, small travel kit with that mini tripod/ballhead everybody bought last month.
04-17-2018, 09:24 AM   #158
Pentaxian




Join Date: May 2008
Location: London, UK
Posts: 577
Just got rid of some pristine Hoya 62mm filters and a 62mm No 1 C/U (were used with the 18-135 which I sold a couple of weeks ago) and a Maxsimafoto pistol grip to a UK Pentax User forum member, and another member looks like buying a pristine Manfrotto 681B monopod which I bought ages ago but never used..

OTOH, nobody seems to want a pretty much pristine Vivitar Series 1 19-35, and I can't figure out why because it's a sharp and FF-compatible lens ??????????

04-17-2018, 01:24 PM - 1 Like   #159
Site Supporter
Site Supporter




Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: San Mateo, CA
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 133
QuoteOriginally posted by SSGGeezer Quote
Wouldn't you have gotten more money selling it her in the forums? How much did you get?
Probably. I don't know yet since the lens just arrived at KEH. Also, I did not want to compete with WPresto, who had just listed his 150-450 on the forum at the time. I knew I could get more from KEH than the all-in purchase price of the DA*300, so I jumped.

Last edited by Skewed; 04-17-2018 at 01:25 PM. Reason: clarification
04-18-2018, 05:45 PM   #160
Senior Member




Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: London
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 264
Sold off some Canon 35mm gear; an Eos 3000, a 1000F, and a Sigma zoom (won't work on digital bodies). Listed them cheap to clear some space, sold them pretty fast. I could have probably got more, but I have way too many 35mm bodies and 35mm-only lenses at present, I need to shift some. And I haven't even touched the big box of faulty bodies yet... Really must try to find someone who wants 20 or so SLRs and some VERY dead lenses and flash guns to build an art installation or something!
04-22-2018, 02:17 PM   #161
amateur dirt farmer...
Loyal Site Supporter
pepperberry farm's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: probably out in a field somewhere...
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 9,401
one SMC A 400mm f5.6
04-22-2018, 02:30 PM   #162
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
monochrome's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Kirkwood (St. Louis) MO USA
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 21,964
QuoteOriginally posted by pepperberry farm Quote
one SMC A 400mm f5.6
Saw that. !
04-22-2018, 02:31 PM   #163
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
monochrome's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Kirkwood (St. Louis) MO USA
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 21,964
QuoteOriginally posted by pepperberry farm Quote
one SMC A 400mm f5.6
Saw that! I looked often - If I didnít already have the K.
04-22-2018, 02:37 PM   #164
amateur dirt farmer...
Loyal Site Supporter
pepperberry farm's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: probably out in a field somewhere...
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 9,401
QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Saw that! I looked often - If I didnít already have the K.
the K300/4 is still available, at a lowered price, no less...
04-22-2018, 02:56 PM - 1 Like   #165
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
monochrome's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Kirkwood (St. Louis) MO USA
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 21,964
QuoteOriginally posted by pepperberry farm Quote
the K300/4 is still available, at a lowered price, no less...
Click ĎManual Focus Lensesí in Sig Tag, Section 1, last row.
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
18-55mm f3.5-5.6, actions, exchange, f3.5-5.6 al wr, forum, homes, owners, pentax, pentax-da l 18-55mm, photography, post, smc pentax-da
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Your latest acquisition Perrumpo General Talk 12594 3 Hours Ago 10:47 AM
a new acquisition for my old set iacob Troubleshooting and Beginner Help 6 03-28-2017 06:45 AM
Your next acquisition bertwert General Talk 55 02-03-2016 09:44 PM
Help me think through lens acquisition troika Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 23 11-14-2015 07:01 PM
Misc Latest acquisition - DA*55 loco Post Your Photos! 16 03-04-2012 07:27 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:43 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top